Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal Team Six Campaign release (SP)

"In 1962, President Kennedy, believing that the wars of the future would be low intensity conflicts such as guerrilla wars and acts of terrorism, created an elite special forces unit to meet the enemy on his own turf. Experts in sea-air-land operations, they are known as Navy SEALs."

This Campaign spans ten long missions featuring custom audio mission briefings and weapon selection. You are the leader of Seal team Six tasked with routing out an evil drug fueled insurgency. This campaign is for all you players that wanted more Socom style missions that were lacking in the Vanilla campaign.

arma22009-10-0417-26-36-25-1.jpg

GHT-1.jpg

arma22009-10-0417-30-02-59-1.jpg

Key Features

1. Custom Audio including voice overs and music from some of the greatest action movies made.

2. This campaign is optimized for performance. So if you have a low end rig, this will blow your mind. Ive used scripting techniques that boost performance yet you will still face an overwhelming number of enemies and you will like it.

3. Weapon selection before each mission along with supply locations during. Ive also included the awesome RH Pistol pack by RobertHammer for the classic seal P266.

4. Mission types such as search and destroy, hostage rescue, capturing terrorists at there homes, taking down helicopters and tanks, and a special naval clandestine mission. There's a special homage to all the awesome 80's action movies in the last mission.

5. A bad ass new location with awesome performance thanks to IceBreakr. The beautiful Island of Panthera.

6. Extremely dynamic campaign. Enemy location will very from play to play. I did this so I could play it and not know where to expect the enemy.

This is the first campaign in a series I plan to release to the community. I've started work on the second campaign and it will be available soon. If you guys enjoyed this campaign let me know and I will bring you bigger and better action.

Required addons. Arma II V1.4

1. RH Pistol pack Remake 1.01

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7680

2. Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

http://rs443.rapidshare.com/files/310666976/BB_UNITS__UPDATE__SchnapsdroSel.7z

3. LHD Carrier in Editor by Myke

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5858

4. Fast Attack Vehicle (F.A.V.) by Emery & Rubenwolf

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7533

5. MOD FFAA 1.2 weapons by ffaa

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6748

6. Island Panthera v2.31 by IceBreakr

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467

7. RH M4/M16 Pack Rearmed by RobertHammer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8056

8. RH HK416 Pack by RobertHammer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8573

Armaholic Addon tutorial

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Installation

Place the Seal Team six file in your Campaigns folder (folder must be named "Campaigns") your Arma 2 main directory. If you don't have the folder make one.

Note!!

Ive tested the hell out of this campaign and believe it is bug free and perfect. However if you find any please let me know so i can fix them.

Important game tips

1. During kill switch be sure to check aircraft hangars for any possible threats.

Thanks to all the mod makers out there for these wonderful addons. you guys rock!!

Latest version 1.3

changelog 1.2

1. Fixed some helo extraction bugs.

2. Added more members to the seal team.

3. Fixed sound bugs.

4. Added FFAA and RH m4 pack which adds over 100 new rifles.

5. Now compatible with Panthera 2.13

Updated Version Change log

v1.3 changes

1. Added grenades, mines, satchel charges, and smoke to the mission gear.

2. Updated to use RH's new M4 pack v1.01. Adds ten new rifles!

v1.4 Changes

1. Fixed bug with first mission with hostages not responding to commands.

2. Added badass new seals to all missions.

V1.41

1. Uses RH HK416 pack. Adds over 10 new weapons.

Get it here at Armaholic v1.41

coming soon...

mediafire v1.41

http://www.mediafire.com/?e351yndnwtm

(Other mirrors are on the way.)

You will need to update your Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

http://rs443.rapidshare.com/files/310666976/BB_UNITS__UPDATE__SchnapsdroSel.7z

You will need to update your RH M4 pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8056

You will also need to download the RH HK416 Pack by RobertHammer If updating from previous version.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8573

Very Important Note

May not be compatible with SLX

Use at you own risk.

SLX mod or any other mod that changes how the ai think will effect the way pilots drop and pick you up. This could cause you to either not be picked up or not dropped off. I like SLX mod, but i did not use it when making this campaign. My second campaign will be compatible. This is not a problem with SLX nor my campaign. They just don't work well together.

This is not a Seal simulation!

It's an action campaign that asks you to overcome unbelievable odds. Just like the Seals have faced from conflict to conflict.

Please let me know what you think of this awesome campaign. I worked long and hard to bring this to the community.

Thanks Billy/Sick1

Edited by Sick1

Lot's of addons to download, but is well worth it! Great work!

Did anyone try this? It sounds great, I would sure like to read some reviews.

Awesome work sick1! Too bad i'm not playing A2 in SP ;) thanks for including Panthera in the last three missions (excellent mission ideas!), hopefully you'll update the pack when new Panthera v2.3 comes out (hopefully this week).

I would absolutely LOVE to try this out, but all those add-ons scare me, the only add-on I've put into Arma 2 is the CAA1 add-on.

It took me several years to understand completely how to install add-ons for SimCity 4 without conflicts. Lost alot of saved games and material in the process.

I've looked around at several different Tutorials on how to install the add-ons, but I get worried when I have to alter the shortcut to make sure everything runs fine.

Which sucks because I'm sure all the missions with many add-ons are quite good :(

**EDIT** Screw it, after re-reading the description... I simply CANNOT pass this up... time to learn me some add-on installage :)

Edited by PaperCut

I can't wait to get home and load this up. Thanks. Film at eleven.

I tried installing all the add-ons needed for this campaign, but my game wouldn't start...

I had to re-install the enite game.

This time, I'm going to make a copy of the ARMA 2 program files folder.

I'm having difficulty understanding how to install the add-ons with the mod folders.

I'm going to keep trying though, this campaign seems awesome :)

I tried installing all the add-ons needed for this campaign, but my game wouldn't start...

I had to re-install the enite game.

This time, I'm going to make a copy of the ARMA 2 program files folder.

I'm having difficulty understanding how to install the add-ons with the mod folders.

I'm going to keep trying though, this campaign seems awesome :)

Not sure how adding new addon folders would mess up your starting Arma2 unless you messed up the target line in your Arma2 shortcut.

Not all addons download ready to plugNPlay unfortunately. Firstly, you will need to have the basic addon folder, say @CBA in your basic Arma2 folder. Then, all of the content of that addon must me in a folder named "ADDONS" within the @CBA folder. Lastly,

-mod=@cba

would be added to the Target line of your Arma2 desktop shortcut (right click on Arma2) so as to finally look something like

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@deen;@cba;@farma;@vfai;@jtd;@proper;@rksl;@caa1;@slx;@troop;@mercs2;@fastrope;@nim;@sakulightfx;@fnc;@rhpistol  -nosplash

Remember, not all addons come in the proper format , meaning @Whateveraddon/Addons, so you would then have to create the appropriate folders.

I just tried to "drag and drop" most of the files into their respective locations.

I was under the impression that I had to create a different shortcut for each mod, seeing how you wrote the parameters in the command line really helped out alot.

I was typing in "-mod=beta" before every add-on like so:

-mod=beta @cba -mod=beta @CAA1 etc... all without the ";" in between every addon

thanks for the help, I'll figure it out eventually (hopefully)

But now that I have a clean install, I am NOT going to put these add-ons in my root folder all willy-nilly anymore.

Edited by PaperCut

I just tried to "drag and drop" most of the files into their respective locations.

I was under the impression that I had to create a different shortcut for each mod, seeing how you wrote the parameters in the command line really helped out alot.

-mod=beta @cba -mod=beta @CAA1 etc... all without the ";" in between every addon

But now that I have a clean install, I am NOT going to put these add-ons in my root folder all willy-nilly anymore.

Here's what mine looks like

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -winxp -maxmem=2047 -mod=@CBA;@DFS_FPScounter;@ffaa;@kill;@LittleBirds;@mercs;@SAP;@seals;@FPSHelper1.21;@F.A.V.mod

"I have the Steam Version"

There is a folder in my Arma 2 main directory for every -mod=@example. so i have ten individual folders named @example. In each folder is anothers folder titled Addons. That is where the PBO file and such are. I hope this helps. they do not touch your vanilla files so you don't have to worry about uninstalling the whole game. These addons will not effect your gameplay. They simply add new objects to it. If you've never used addons you might as well learn to do it now because every Arma veteran knows that's where all the value from this game comes from. Anyways, I hope you guys can get it to work.

Edited by Sick1

Wasn't there a youtube video showing exactly how to install addons, step by step? It's really not that hard, but you need to see it done or else you really can mess up your entire game (by overwriting game files or even just adding files that you won't know how to remove later on when you realize servers don't allow you to join when you have that addon).

In short, learn to install addons properly before you do anything.

Wasn't there a youtube video showing exactly how to install addons, step by step? It's really not that hard, but you need to see it done or else you really can mess up your entire game (by overwriting game files or even just adding files that you won't know how to remove later on when you realize servers don't allow you to join when you have that addon).

In short, learn to install addons properly before you do anything.

I watched that video & then tried to install the littlebirds add on, but that seemed to create a whole host of subfolders in the add-ons file & I didnt know what was what so it scared me off add-ons, shame as i'd like to get some installed!

Why bother creating shortcuts when there is this around:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81060

Drop Arma 2 Launcher into your main Arma 2 folder (just drag and drop the .exe from rar archive), tweak how you want to run your Arma (i.e., no slash, -winxp and etc.; I do not recommend setting CPU count to 8 through launcher as it caused my system to drop to 4 fps every time an aircraft wreck was present on screen, do it through nvidia control panel instead). Launcher automatically detects what mods you have in your Arma 2 folder every time you run it and activating/deactivating mods simply becomes a matter of putting or removing a checkmark.

To properly install a mod:

1) download the mod,

2) create @ModName folder,

3) inside @ModName folder create an additional folder called Addons,

and drop the mod .pbo and .bisign file(s) into Addons,

4) some mods (eg., JTD's smoke mod) might have an additional .hpp file; if such file is present than create a folder named Userconfig in your main Arma 2 folder, inside that folder create a separate ModName folder and drop .hpp there (Userconfig folder is good for multiple mod folders).

5) .bikey files go into Keys folder already present in your main Arma 2 folder (although from my understanding those files are for server use only).

Rinse and repeat for every mod individually. Running 48 mods at this point with no problems and absolutely don't get how can people tolerate playing vanilla Arma :p

It doesn't get any easier than the way he described it.

Edited by Sick1

Right before I was called into work I got it working.... unbeleivable.. . I popped open the editor and VOILA!! mercenaries, insurgents, gangtas.. all now available and working then as soon as I got all mods needed for this campaign (which I apologize for the hijacking of this thread) the campaign started up, I was moving my three man squad up to the island.... **RIIIING**RIIIING** Had to go to work :(

But Im going to play now :)

Thanks for all the help everyone, this is by far the most helpful community I've had the privaledge of being part of.

Rock On folks, Rock On.

By the way, I love the intro to the campaign man!! Hells yeh!

What other mods do you recomend? I mean, theres so many, its like Oblivion, it took me months to get that game to work properly with about 30 mods or so, but I installed and un-installed alot of them because they sucked. Not only that, the Oblivion community was a bunch of a-holes...

I can't beleive I had so many problems getting things to work in Arma, kinda feel bad and stupoid at the same time for wasting peoples time... its soooo easy....

another member on these forums helped me out thru PM's as well by the name of tractor king, the creator of the -TA- missions.

Edited by PaperCut

Right before I was called into work I got it working.... unbeleivable.. . I popped open the editor and VOILA!! mercenaries, insurgents, gangtas.. all now available and working then as soon as I got all mods needed for this campaign (which I apologize for the hijacking of this thread) the campaign started up, I was moving my three man squad up to the island.... **RIIIING**RIIIING** Had to go to work :(

But Im going to play now :)

Thanks for all the help everyone, this is by far the most helpful community I've had the privaledge of being part of.

Rock On folks, Rock On.

By the way, I love the intro to the campaign man!! Hells yeh!

What other mods do you recomend? I mean, theres so many, its like Oblivion, it took me months to get that game to work properly with about 30 mods or so, but I installed and un-installed alot of them because they sucked. Not only that, the Oblivion community was a bunch of a-holes...

I can't beleive I had so many problems getting things to work in Arma, kinda feel bad and stupoid at the same time for wasting peoples time... its soooo easy....

another member on these forums helped me out thru PM's as well by the name of tractor king, the creator of the -TA- missions.

CBA - essential for most major mods

SLX Mod (will change your Arma 2 experience quite radically, in a good way)

RKSL Counter measures

JTD's smoke and fire

FLIR

Pistolified Tracers

Sound of War (SOW) mod

OMON addon

Land-Tex 3 mod

Reduced building texture mod

Reduced Grass mod

GTD's mods

Sakura's fx mods

Extra units mod

SDP AA Cannon fix

Mi-28 addon

Little Birds addon

TRSM's tracked vihicle sounds

Dynamic weather mod

CAA1 + OAC core (download Afghani island for it too)

Drawing distance fix (although this one causes a CTD for me after 20 or so mins of play).

Stick together mod

Driving distance fix mod

FNC Muzzle velocity

RAF Chinook addon

Royal Marines addon

All should run without conflicts. Only one that caused serious issues for me was FAA Weapons 1.1 mod (basically after Arma loads I get a warped picture similar to "underwater view", and game freezes after attempting to load a scenario), which is ironically needed for this campaign. I've deactivated the mod and the first campaign mission is running fine so far, so i don't know if this one is absolutely essential (probably is, which i will find out later).

Your mission dirs and therefore description.ext is... well, interesting.

description.ext:

template = Operation%20Eagle%20Assist%20%20.Panthera2;

You should never use spaces in file or directory path names, not to mention these %20 things windows makes.

The only thing I've found is sometimes my squadmates stop following orders and I have to revert. I dont mean like they get stuck on a tree or building edge, on both occasions is was in the open.

So far I've completed the first two objectives, en-route to third!!!

very "socom-ish" definetly lovin it

Weird. I tried to play the campaign and my computer just froze. I finally had to kill the process to get control back. Repeated a few times with same result.

Then I tried hosting it on my lan with only me playing, and it worked.

Then I tried playing it directly, and it worked. Splain that.

PaperCut mentioned an awesome intro but I get none at all, just the mission map briefing. Anyway, on the first mission I get the boat on to the shore and get myself and two teamates out of the boat but after that they wont follow any orders except to get back into the boat. They wont follow regroup or move orders.

I will try to revert tonight and see if that helps.

this is fun for me so far, I liked the 2nd mission as a snipa :D

@ RedRage:

Thanks for the list man :thumbsup:

Are all of these mods compatible with the ones required for this campaign?

CBA - essential for most major mods

SLX Mod (will change your Arma 2 experience quite radically, in a good way)

RKSL Counter measures

JTD's smoke and fire

FLIR

Pistolified Tracers

Sound of War (SOW) mod

OMON addon

Land-Tex 3 mod

Reduced building texture mod

Reduced Grass mod

GTD's mods

Sakura's fx mods

Extra units mod

SDP AA Cannon fix

Mi-28 addon

Little Birds addon

TRSM's tracked vihicle sounds

Dynamic weather mod

CAA1 + OAC core (download Afghani island for it too)

Drawing distance fix (although this one causes a CTD for me after 20 or so mins of play).

Stick together mod

Driving distance fix mod

FNC Muzzle velocity

RAF Chinook addon

Royal Marines addon

PaperCut mentioned an awesome intro but I get none at all, just the mission map briefing. Anyway, on the first mission I get the boat on to the shore and get myself and two teamates out of the boat but after that they wont follow any orders except to get back into the boat. They wont follow regroup or move orders.

I will try to revert tonight and see if that helps.

Lol, I meant "Infil"

Edited by PaperCut