Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal Team Six Campaign release (SP)

The campaign is decent, just try to be more imaginative in the objectives, most of them it's go to point X and kill everyone (and then perhaps put a satchel charge). Also, try to be a bit more realistic in the mission design/difficulty, in the 4th mission i killed 48 soldiers, one jeep and one T72 with 3 specops. 48 vs 3?

The problem with realistic missions is there over to quick. I primarily made this campaign for myself, and i wanted it to last a long time with lots of gun play. I was also trying to recreate the fun I had playing Socom on the PS2. I've got some recon/stealth missions in the works for campaign 2, but there is still gonna be alot of action involved. This campaing is no way a simulator of Seal work, but more of a get your rocks off with arma 2 and have some fun.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Me too. I want to play another campaign but I don't like installing addons.

I've narrowed down the addons list for the next campaigns, but one thing you'll learn is that addons are a must for most future products. Don't be afraid of addons. They make this game amazing. Do you want to play my seal campaign as a marine? You need new unit such as the Mer's and the FAV to fully feel like you are a SEAL. If your new to Arma, learn about addons.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Where are the missiles in the 5th mission? The one where you have to search in a camp and in Olsha.

There in the last camp, under a cargo net. There is trigger that will tell you. I made the mistake of putting ordnance crates instead of launchers. Just demo them and your done. Has anybody beaten the campaign yet??

Waddup Sickness, three times now I've completed the second-to-last objective in Operation Hunted and all three times the chopper has been shot down. When I get the message, I'm not even close to the last objective.

The first time it happened I figured it may have run out of fuel as you suggested so I went through it a bit faster the second go-around. Same thing.

Today I tried yet again (3rd attempt) and went through it faster yet again, and yet again I got the message about the helo.

Please note that I am in no way b!tching and/or moaning. But I was wondering, how would I go about adding another exfil option within the editor? Like throwing a rubber boat somewhere and exfiltrating in that fashion.Or maybe setting a new exfil zone.

I'm totally lovin this campaign though hoss, it is very similar to ol' skool S.O.C.O.M.

I think its awesome that you've made available both the Humvee and the FAV for the mission since I load them both with all the weapons and ammo that will fit in each vehicle (not that I will ever use them all) Once I get to the objective where we have to rescue that guy by the castle, I manually put Unit 2 with a DMR on top of the castle then take Unit three with me. I load out with a shotgun and a tech-9 while Unit 3 is loaded out with that heavy Machine gun (the modded one, Mk Mod 0 or something)He and I flank around the Villa to the South and bring some pain >:) But all three times I've gotten to that point, the chopper gets shot down.

Going to try it again and go through it as fast as I can.

I CANNOT WAIT for your next installment. You say your 50% complete? If theres anything I can do to hurry the release , I'd be happy to help man!

Edited by PaperCut

You are missing out on 90% of content that makes all of Arma's bugs and technical woes not only bearable but ultimately worth it.

Modding community is so strong and advanced for this game that BIS feels comfortable releasing half-finished games. Don't deny yourself the fruits of other people's hard work, especially when it's free!

With Arma 2 Launcher, even an untrained chimp can successfully install and activate/deactivate mods within 10 seconds.

You are missing out on 90% of content that makes all of Arma's bugs and technical woes not only bearable but ultimately worth it.

Modding community is so strong and advanced for this game that BIS feels comfortable releasing half-finished games. Don't deny yourself the fruits of other people's hard work, especially when it's free!

With Arma 2 Launcher, even an untrained chimp can successfully install and activate/deactivate mods within 10 seconds.

I totally agree... Missions with many add-ons deterred me from downloading them as well... at first... But after joining this community and receiving much help and guidance concerning the add-ons, I couldn't possibly see how anyone can really enjoy this game without the add-ons.

I think on page 3 of THIS thread, Red Rage typed out a list of mods that he recommended for the game. I tried out every single one of them, and in turn increased my desire to play this game ten fold. They make the game SOOOOOO much better and add soooo much content. AddOns are where its at.

There in the last camp, under a cargo net. There is trigger that will tell you. I made the mistake of putting ordnance crates instead of launchers. Just demo them and your done. Has anybody beaten the campaign yet??

What last camp? In Olsha? I didn't say any cargo there.

What last camp? In Olsha? I didn't say any cargo there.

No it's after olsha. The main base should be on your map after clearing olsha. I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Waddup Sickness, three times now I've completed the second-to-last objective in Operation Hunted and all three times the chopper has been shot down. When I get the message, I'm not even close to the last objective.

The first time it happened I figured it may have run out of fuel as you suggested so I went through it a bit faster the second go-around. Same thing.

Today I tried yet again (3rd attempt) and went through it faster yet again, and yet again I got the message about the helo.

Please note that I am in no way b!tching and/or moaning. But I was wondering, how would I go about adding another exfil option within the editor? Like throwing a rubber boat somewhere and exfiltrating in that fashion.Or maybe setting a new exfil zone.

I'm totally lovin this campaign though hoss, it is very similar to ol' skool S.O.C.O.M.

I think its awesome that you've made available both the Humvee and the FAV for the mission since I load them both with all the weapons and ammo that will fit in each vehicle (not that I will ever use them all) Once I get to the objective where we have to rescue that guy by the castle, I manually put Unit 2 with a DMR on top of the castle then take Unit three with me. I load out with a shotgun and a tech-9 while Unit 3 is loaded out with that heavy Machine gun (the modded one, Mk Mod 0 or something)He and I flank around the Villa to the South and bring some pain >:) But all three times I've gotten to that point, the chopper gets shot down.

Going to try it again and go through it as fast as I can.

I CANNOT WAIT for your next installment. You say your 50% complete? If theres anything I can do to hurry the release , I'd be happy to help man!

Give me a week or two and it should be done and it will be worth the wait. I'm sorry about the chopper going down. I've heard that the chopper can fly for three hours on a full tank so i don't think this is a problem. I assure you that I've played this mission over and over and have not had this happen. You could use the skip mission cheat. You pretty much beat it already. I put that helo pretty far away from any threats and gave it a fly in height well over the tree line. I'm going to rework my first campaign after i complete the second one. Hopefully i can fix all these issues the next time around. Don't worry about the next one, I've been putting a lot of time into bug proofing it.

Edited by Sick1

All the mods are installed and ready to go in les then 15 minutes! Give it a go and you wont be disapointed! plus you have all the free new neat stuff in the armory and editor!

Do you think it may have something to do with one of the mods I have implemented?

Here are my commandline parameters:

-nosplash -mod=@caa1;@oac_core;@SLX;@CBA;@FAA;@JTD;@LittleBirds;@AI_Dr_Mod;@FAVmod;@LHD;@mercUnits;@panthera;@RH_Pistol;@ZGB;

And the Mod List: (Since I rename the folders)

SLX, CAA1, Panthera, RH_Pistol,Mercenary Units,ZGB,JTD,LHD,LittleBirds,FAA,CBA,FAVMod.

The "AI_Dr_Mod" is actually called "sakudriver" by Sakura_Chan, a mod intended to improve the AI's driving ability and seems to work rather well in most cases.

Do you think it may have something to do with one of the mods I have implemented?

Here are my commandline parameters:

-nosplash -mod=@caa1;@oac_core;@SLX;@CBA;@FAA;@JTD;@LittleBirds;@AI_Dr_Mod;@FAVmod;@LHD;@mercUnits;@panthera;@RH_Pistol;@ZGB;

And the Mod List: (Since I rename the folders)

SLX, CAA1, Panthera, RH_Pistol,Mercenary Units,ZGB,JTD,LHD,LittleBirds,FAA,CBA,FAVMod.

The "AI_Dr_Mod" is actually called "sakudriver" by Sakura_Chan, a mod intended to improve the AI's driving ability and seems to work rather well in most cases.

Oh yeah bro, definitely the SLX and AI effecting mods. If you remove any ai changing Pbos from slx you can still use it. This is the way it is with all custom made missions. If you remove those AI changing mods you will have no problems.

Fun campaign but I suggest spell checking the briefings. ;)

Fun campaign but I suggest spell checking the briefings. ;)

Hmm i used word. Will not be a problem in the next one. ;)

Yup yup, I deleted those pbo's and VOILA!!! bada-bing-bada-boom chopper came in zoom zoom!

So I started the airport mission and found 7 things wrong with it so far:

lol, I AM SOOO KIDDING!!!! Its awesome man!

Mission spoiler:

Myself and my designated sniper sneaked into the airbase, took out the patrolling jeep first with silenced weapons, then the two guys patrolling the buildings, then the two emplaced weapons. I then proceeded across the airfield. I left Unit 3 up near the FAV on the hill near where we disembarked to sneak into the airbase. Once myself and Unit two got behind the tank, I ordered Unit three to engage the T-72 with a Javelin. WHile waiting for Unit three to get into position, I scoped the area a bit, next thing I know Unit three spots one soldier near him, then two, then 5... HE WAS AMBUSHED BY A WHOLE SQUAD!!!!! HOW FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!! I was def. not expecting that bro, fine job :) :ok:

Haha thanks for the laugh bro. I came home and saw this and was like oh no, I hope I'm not that drunk. Anyways glad you like it.

I just tried the mission where you had to clear the ship of enemy tango,s which is the worst mission in my point of view. I like the idea but 1 guy against the whole ship? Comeon cleary you watched under siege or rambo to much when you made that mission! Why would 1 seal take on all the terrorists while you could have given me at leasts a team of 4! I mean who is supposed to cover my back when i,m alone? One more thing i dont understand is why did you use the mercenairy addon (allthough a good addon) to simulate the seals when there allready is a seal team addon in download section?

Edited by oscar19681

*In Response To Oscar*

I havent gotten to that mission yet but... The man says in the description that he wanted to replicate the kind of feel that SOCOM gave... which is a GAME...

I dont understand why some folks have to jump down others' throats because they created something that doesnt feel quite "real enough" to those folks....

Did you ever think about how the AI act in close quarters combat? In the Harvest Red Razor Two campaign misison, while moving around the city of Chernogorsk, I had lots of troubles moving my Units around by just giving commands. I usually end up controling them myself so they do EXACTLY what I want them to do, which is usually why I take so long playing any mission.

Why dont people just say "Hey, your mission isn't the way I would do it... so... you have to make it the way I like it since I dont want to go through the hassle myself."

Theres nothing wrong with critisizing someone else's work. How about being more constructive about it? Its the mans first campaign for gods sake! Its pretty goddam fun for me

""Comeon cleary you watched under siege or rambo to much when you made that mission!""

WTF kind of criticism is that? All you did was take a shot at the guy, a cheap one at that.

I've been seein alot of this kind of retoric towards mission creators. I want to create missions myself. But not if I'm going to have to defend what I think is fun. Which is exactly what your insinuating that Sick does... defend his decision pertaining to the mission in question.

Did you find any bugs? other than the ones already mentioned?

most missions can be completed with one soldier anyway. Try it.... Start Harvest Red and leave the rest of your squad behind. I bet you'll get right through it just fine.

I just don't see why anyone would bother making missions if theres a possibility of being ridiculed rather than constructively criticized. Ridicule might be more appropriate for missions that may have content that may or may not be desirable to certain individuals or races... like stereotyping. So save your BS responses for sh*t like that.

Quote from oscar19681:

"Hi i making a mission based on team razor 2. (not the team form arma2) So far i am able to make the team infiltrate from a heli into a zodiac. But i want a group of civilians to join the recon team to simulate non combatants evac. Then i want a chopper to pick us up. I,ve search on armaholic for awnsers including the newbie editing FAQ,s. So far its been to complex to find out what i want to know. I like to know how to.

Make the civilians to join my group.

Have a choppers to exfiltrate the recon team and the civies.

It would be cool if somebody could help me out since i,m making missions based on another force recon called razor2. I,ve read the mission editing hand book and its good but it doesnt offer me specific awnsers to my questions."

So.... did you ever finish your mission oscar? I would like to try it out.

Edited by PaperCut

One more thing i dont understand is why did you use the mercenairy addon (allthough a good addon) to simulate the seals when there allready is a seal team addon in download section?

Maybe because he is the mission designer. This thread is about how is the campaign, not how it could have been.:confused:

However i'm sure that Sick1, will take into account suggestions for his next release.

@Sick1 : Great campaign, i enjoy it a lot. Thx for the release.

Edited by jibemorel

I just tried the mission where you had to clear the ship of enemy tango,s which is the worst mission in my point of view. I like the idea but 1 guy against the whole ship? Comeon cleary you watched under siege or rambo to much when you made that mission! Why would 1 seal take on all the terrorists while you could have given me at leasts a team of 4! I mean who is supposed to cover my back when i,m alone? One more thing i dont understand is why did you use the mercenairy addon (allthough a good addon) to simulate the seals when there allready is a seal team addon in download section?

I understand your complain, however the team doesn't do well on the ship for some reason. I wanted to be the first mission maker to feature a battle on the ship. Also I really wanted to use the Seal addon, but it has a config error in the editor that was never fixed. I know a few people don't like the idea of one or three seals up against overwhelming odds, but if you had a eight man team it would just be to easy. The fun come from figuring out how to use the little resources you have to best complete the objective. Something Seals do best. Also those are my favorite movies;)

Edited by Sick1

Damn, anyone else finds the missions pretty hard, at least the first one? I tried the first one 4 times now, 1st time I died at the first camp (not shipyard), fourth try I died at the second camp with I think 2 guys left. The AI is pretty "dumb" so most of the times it's me against the rest and some AI jogging along.

I hope to finish the first mission soon because I'm excited about the rest of the missions :) Thanks for the campaign, I love these missions with small teams.

Btw, will we also play on Panthera in the campaign?

Yes the first mission is the hardest with no friggin checkpoints.

Damn, anyone else finds the missions pretty hard, at least the first one? I tried the first one 4 times now, 1st time I died at the first camp (not shipyard), fourth try I died at the second camp with I think 2 guys left. The AI is pretty "dumb" so most of the times it's me against the rest and some AI jogging along.

I hope to finish the first mission soon because I'm excited about the rest of the missions :) Thanks for the campaign, I love these missions with small teams.

Btw, will we also play on Panthera in the campaign?

I'm glad you like it. Sorry about the AI. Yes there are three missions that use Panthera.

Seal Team Six 2 update!

I would like to let everyone know that the second campaign is coming along amazingly. You guys are really gonna enjoy the next one. It features real recon missions, calling in air strikes, searching for intel, convoy ambushes, on rail weapon sequences, assassination, large scale assaults, and a lot more. I've also improved the way the story and missions are set up. I'm hoping to be finished with it in a week or two.

cannot load texture ca\character\data p-officer_hhl_as.paa.

Unfortunately I get these errors in almost every mission, even in the main campaign. Is this a mission error or a CAA1 error? Not too sure at this point.

Thanks

Unfortunately I get these errors in almost every mission, even in the main campaign. Is this a mission error or a CAA1 error? Not too sure at this point.

Thanks

It's definitely not a problem with the campaign. It's CAA1. I don't use it.

Thanks

I get those same errors but the missions still play for me. I think I'm hoping to take CAA1 out as well, I don't think I've installed it correctly. I think its causing some problems on the airport mission. If something screws up and I revert, the game crashes and I haven't had the time to try and beat it in one go.

*EDIT* I removed CAA1 and all is well, no bugs at all, not with the saves or with soldier control :thumbsup:

I also would like to note that as soon as I get close to the Island for infil, I manually eject all three soldiers and it seems to let the chopper get back to the carrier without sustaining too much damage. The only drawback is the long haul to the FAV. The last few attempts ended up with the chopper being shot down and the crew heading towards the shoreline.

I also experienced a weird issue last night. I usually leave unit 3 on top of the hill near the lighthouse with a Javelin. Unit 2 and myself travel to southern airport gate and stealthily insert into the airbase. The weird thing was, I issued a move order to Unit 2 to the back corner of the hanger, he was taking a weird route to get there, so I moved him there manually. but when I switched back to the leader, unit 2 warped back behind the fence. Weird huh?

Edited by PaperCut

Hi.

I'd really love to play this campaign but i'm having a prob.

When I try to run the campaign the game just freezes :/ and i have to alt+ctrl+del it back to windows

Dunno whats wrong :icon9:

Here is my shortcut target line

[b]"E:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Panthera -mod=@addon -mod=@CBA -mod=@F.A.V.mod -mod=@ffaa -mod=@LittleBirds -mod=@mercunits -mod=@RHpistol
[/b]

ps

@addon is a place where I put all other stuff but now there is nothing but the GLT_LHD.pbo file (in addons folder of course :) )

Your shortcut should be like this:

-mod=mod1;mod2;mod3

No semicolon in the end is intentional.