Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal Team Six Campaign release (SP)

Hey ............ I got it working :yay:

And it was an oversight on my part :o

The pistol pack mod had the wrong folder name (my fault)!!!!!

It's now working fine, no more underwater bug screen. I played the opening mission for a few minutes and immediately died but it's late so I'll try again tomorrow.

I'll let you know how i get on...... apologies Sick1

You da man Sick!

Excellent stuff so far! I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I am having a blast and no problems what so ever, which is a first for me with ARMA 2 with all it's quirks and bugs.

Thank you for your work and keep 'em coming!

Well, I am about to head out in my FAV and kick some butt :D

P.S. I'd strongly advice people to get the SLX mod. It makes this campaign even better.

Very Important Note

SLX mod or any other mod that changes how the ai think will effect the way pilots drop and pick you up. This could cause you to either not be picked up or not dropped off. I like SLX mod, but i did not use it when making this campaign. My second campaign will be compatible. This is not a problem with SLX nor my campaign. They just weren't tested together. If you remove SLX_GL3.pbo from the slx mod it works. So it's up to you if you want try removing it.

Edited by Sick1

Going to test this out, thanks for your effort

I can´t start the second Mission. Iám sure I installed the mods correctly, but maybe I just named the folders wrong. Could someone post a list with his folder names?

EDIT: Ok I took a look imk my RPT file, there it says:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ffaa_armas

And Yes I have the Light Edition of the campaign. So whats wrong here?

Edited by Tonci87

I was playing this most of last night and all day today, its very good and one thing i have been waiting ages for is a good 3rd party campaign with lots of addons and you delivered so i thank you for that. The only bug i really found is on occasion the infiltration helicopters seems to have problems landing so i can get out, in mission 2 it just hovers endlessly, i jumped out and died but found the only way to survive is by ejecting, just as it hovers over land before it begins its decent and you have enough room to open your parachute. Landing in water causes you to lose all your gear. on other missions i tell my squad to disembark and the helo decides to come down on the disembark order. Apart from that i haven't found any other bugs which comes as a big embarresment for bis being as a well scripted user campaign is put together much better than the games own creaters. Its also a nice touch that ou can still continue if your team gets killed something i hated in red harvest

Edited by Archamedes

I was playing this most of last night and all day today, its very good and one thing i have been waiting ages for is a good 3rd party campaign with lots of addons and you delivered so i thank you for that. The only bug i really found is on occasion the infiltration helicopters seems to have problems landing so i can get out, in mission 2 it just hovers endlessly, i jumped out and died but found the only way to survive is by ejecting, just as it hovers over land before it begins its decent and you have enough room to open your parachute. Landing in water causes you to lose all your gear. on other missions i tell my squad to disembark and the helo decides to come down on the disembark order. Apart from that i haven't found any other bugs which comes as a big embarresment for bis being as a well scripted user campaign is put together much better than the games own creaters. Its also a nice touch that ou can still continue if your team gets killed something i hated in red harvest

Are you using any AI changing mods such as SLX? Are to playing with 1.4? Make sure you have installed CBA correctly. I've found that certain mods will conflict with the insertions. I've never had the AI do this on Dead Kings, but I've heard of people with this problem. My next campaign hopefully will be compatible.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I can´t start the second Mission. Iám sure I installed the mods correctly, but maybe I just named the folders wrong. Could someone post a list with his folder names?

EDIT: Ok I took a look imk my RPT file, there it says:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ffaa_armas

And Yes I have the Light Edition of the campaign. So whats wrong here?

Sorry bro, forgot to remove it from the mission sqm. This one will work for sure.

http://www.filefront.com/14682721/US_Seals_cmp.pbo

Edited by Sick1

Yeah i have slx it hasn't really caused any problems though. However i seem to be stuck on Black karma mission in which you have to rescue the marines. I have destroyed enemy at the 3 camps and have used the cluster bomb and apache assault on the main big enemy hq but nothing progresses any further. It seems to be stuck on "clear the town" even though there is nothing alive there apart from the empty extraction chopper i cant seem to find anybody left to take out

Yeah i have slx it hasn't really caused any problems though. However i seem to be stuck on Black karma mission in which you have to rescue the marines. I have destroyed enemy at the 3 camps and have used the cluster bomb and apache assault on the main big enemy hq but nothing progresses any further. It seems to be stuck on "clear the town" even though there is nothing alive there apart from the empty extraction chopper i cant seem to find anybody left to take out

Okay I've got a few possibilities. You have cleared the HQ. Did the task complete? How did the extraction helicopter become empty? It's supposed to land and wait for you to get in. The trigger for the the HQ to be cleared also includes the surrounding area. Check the forest areas for any enemy. That town has about 10 infantry and 4 or 5 tanks with crew. Ive tested this campaign and it does work properly however there is once in awhile occasions when a trigger will bug out and not work. Try reverting to an earlier point and I bet it will work. Also about SLX, I'm glad you have found no problems however you may run into trouble on Operation Eagle Assist with the helo's not landing due to their increased field of vision tagging enemy in the far. My second Seal six campaign is in the making and I'm happy to say that it's way better than the first one. The first one is still good though.

Hello.

After trying and trying to get it installed.....

I always get this error message right after loading the first mission:

Campaigns\us_seals_cmp\missions\operationShadowForce.Chernarus\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item0/Vehicles/Item0.Vehicle:Vehicle class WDL_mercenary_default12 no longer exists

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Ive followed the tutorial on installing mods, adjusted a copy of my short cut accordingly.

Ive used other mods, which worked well.

Now all i have extra is VFAI, JTD Fire and Smoke mod and Sound of War mod.

Thanx, for any help:-)

try to re install that mercs&blackops addon mate.it seems like game has problem with that mod. probably something wrong about the one you installed. redownload and re install it.

Okay I've got a few possibilities. You have cleared the HQ. Did the task complete? How did the extraction helicopter become empty? It's supposed to land and wait for you to get in. The trigger for the the HQ to be cleared also includes the surrounding area. Check the forest areas for any enemy. That town has about 10 infantry and 4 or 5 tanks with crew. Ive tested this campaign and it does work properly however there is once in awhile occasions when a trigger will bug out and not work. Try reverting to an earlier point and I bet it will work. Also about SLX, I'm glad you have found no problems however you may run into trouble on Operation Eagle Assist with the helo's not landing due to their increased field of vision tagging enemy in the far. My second Seal six campaign is in the making and I'm happy to say that it's way better than the first one. The first one is still good though.

Ok I had a run around the general area and found nothing, the task didnt complete it just says "clear the area" Now in the previous 3 camps needed to clear i have a feeling that one soldier got away so to speak, but the task still completed sending me on to the next camp. As for the helicopter its just sitting empty next to the town (on the road in the middle of it) But he strange thing is when i was attacking the last of the 3 main camps my cursor would occasionally click over the helicopter and identify it. obviously i couldnt see it because it was too far away, i just assumed it was a downed helicopter in which the marines where originally captured and there is a big plume of smoke nearby. So it looks like the helicopter has been parked there all along. I tell you what I will take a few screenshots and post them up...

Below is the bombed town with 2 apaches pointlessly flying over (oh and they fly into each other cand crash in one play of the mission)

arma22009-10-0922-47-52-57.jpg

Below is the helicopter

arma22009-10-0922-48-52-19.jpg

And again

arma22009-10-0922-49-46-20.jpg

However on a closer inspection the chopper looks shot up it obviously hasnt crashed but you cannot take off in it even though you have the option to get in as a pilot

Edited by Archamedes

That's so strange and awesome that something like this would happen. It just proves how the AI in this game is capable of anything. I assure you that there is no empty helo on that map. I guess the crew decided to chalk it up for day and land. I just replayed both the lite and the full version of this mission and I could not reproduce your conditions. Must be some weird glitch. Anyways looks like you might need to revert on this one. Sorry, but thanks for the screens.

I bet 100% you try this without SLX and it won't happen. SLX gives pilots a greater field of vision thus making them stray off their task if they see the enemy.

Edited by Sick1

I dont use slx by using the @slx mod folder way, i just have a load of slx pbos in the standard addons folder, is there a particular file i need to move out of there while im playing this camp?

I dont use slx by using the @slx mod folder way, i just have a load of slx pbos in the standard addons folder, is there a particular file i need to move out of there while im playing this camp?

I use SLX, but I removed the stuff I didn't like. I primarily use the unit animations and weapon sounds. The others really effect mission making for me in the sense that I want to make campaigns that are compatible to all users not just a specific game play mod such as SLX or ACE. You should remove anything that says AI. Here's some to remove.

SLX_AI_TurnMove.pbo, SLX_AI_TurnMove.pbo, SLX_FindCover.pbo, SLX_GL3.pbo, SLX_Mod_Veh_Core.pbo.

I be leave that's all. You can go to SLX forum topic to see what each does.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84968&highlight=SLX+mod

Yes Its working :-)

Thanx, i had the folder in my beta folder and my arma2 folder.

I forgot to create the addon folder inside the mercs folder...Typical user error, just as i thought :-)

Of to playing :-)

Edited by markushaze
edit content, got it workin:-)

I just tried to start the mission 3 times since posting about the landed helicopter and something i forgot about mentioning in the first post keeps happening. As soon as i get off the boat at the start of the mission and approach the first camp i get a mission complete extraction on the way activates. It seems to be some sort of trigger that activates the extraction helicopter as soon as i get on land and get to a certain point towards the first camp. Also the infiltration in eagles assist worked fine. I ended up having to do an endmission on the bad karma in the end

Edited by Archamedes

Sorry about your troubles. Really strange how it can vary from play to play.

dont appologise the campaign is awesome the wife and kids are being neglected i cant stop playing it, make more of them please

I have some feedback now i've been playing for a while.

first off....well done sick1....great campaign

Mission 1 went off without a hitch

Mission 2 - I have the heli problem already mentioned in this thread....heli won't land on insertion - it just hovers, I managed to get round this by ejecting but i died or got injured a couple of times trying.

I also had some trouble at the sniping point - the trigger to actvate the boss didn't work all the time - only worked when i used the weapons stash - it seems i needed to approach the stash from the west for the trigger to activate.

The boss is also visible sitting in his car on the road before the trigger activates - this is not a bug as such but it might be worth starting him further down the road out of view from the sniper point.

On one occasion the mission wouldn't finish. I got in the dingy and sailed away but no ending...after I reverted it worked fine.

Mission 3 - again the chopper wouldn't land and I was forced to eject with mixed results. Apart from that the mission worked fine.

Overall I'm really enjoying the campaign :bounce3: .....keep up the good work and thanks for responding to the comments here.

dont appologise the campaign is awesome the wife and kids are being neglected i cant stop playing it, make more of them please

Yeah the next campaign is 50% done and in my opinion is definitely more improved. If you liked this one, the next one will be 10 stars. Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I have some feedback now i've been playing for a while.

first off....well done sick1....great campaign

Mission 1 went off without a hitch

Mission 2 - I have the heli problem already mentioned in this thread....heli won't land on insertion - it just hovers, I managed to get round this by ejecting but i died or got injured a couple of times trying.

I also had some trouble at the sniping point - the trigger to actvate the boss didn't work all the time - only worked when i used the weapons stash - it seems i needed to approach the stash from the west for the trigger to activate.

The boss is also visible sitting in his car on the road before the trigger activates - this is not a bug as such but it might be worth starting him further down the road out of view from the sniper point.

On one occasion the mission wouldn't finish. I got in the dingy and sailed away but no ending...after I reverted it worked fine.

Mission 3 - again the chopper wouldn't land and I was forced to eject with mixed results. Apart from that the mission worked fine.

Overall I'm really enjoying the campaign :bounce3: .....keep up the good work and thanks for responding to the comments here.

Are you using SLX or any other AI effecting mods? If so that's your problem. I think the reason why you could see the boss is because i made this campaign with the view distance all the way down. I'm spending a lot of time trying to make my next campaign flawless without these issues. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not using SLX or any AI effecting mods. I'm only using the mods on your list and Vop sounds 2.1.

Sick1 Being as you definatly know what you are doing as far as campaign making goes. I tried it and got completly confused with scripting triggers and such i ended up giving up because it seemed too complicated and i did ask a few months ago for someone to make an in depth video tutorial dvd, but thats irrelevant anyway, as i said you know your stuff, would you consider doing an afghanistan campaign, complete with insurgents and stuff? would be really good to try something completely different

Sick1 Being as you definatly know what you are doing as far as campaign making goes. I tried it and got completly confused with scripting triggers and such i ended up giving up because it seemed too complicated and i did ask a few months ago for someone to make an in depth video tutorial dvd, but thats irrelevant anyway, as i said you know your stuff, would you consider doing an afghanistan campaign, complete with insurgents and stuff? would be really good to try something completely different

That's what's next on my list. Just waiting for a good desert map.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I'm not using SLX or any AI effecting mods. I'm only using the mods on your list and Vop sounds 2.1.

Man this really puzzles me. Did you install the CBA addon correctly?

Well my track record for installing stuff isn't great.

The thing is its all in the @CBA folder which is in the zip file so not much can go wrong there.

I will check it again though....there are alot of other files in there - docs, serverkey etc and i'm not sure what to do with those. I'll let you know.

Right now i'm stuck on trying to rescue the informant at the end of mission 3, those snipers are really giving me some problems....spent most of today trying different tactics....so far no luck but i'm enjoying myself.