Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

You should of told us it will be late by 2 weeks... Now I'm just checking the forums every 5 minutes :p

You could always try complaining to my employers. They are the ones that kept interferring and making me do work for them. And the Beta testers that found the last minute bugs. (If we hadnt fixed them you lot would have crucified us - you know its true)

... and also the maybe my accountant, Bank Manager, credit card company. The council Parking enforcement lot... Come to think of it there are a tonne of people that can be blamed for making me do paid work and taking up my "free" time. I'll give you a list later ;)

Seriously though, I really am sorry about the delay but a lot of it has been unavoidable. I'm hoping to release it today but you need to understand that its a lot of work. Its essentially 3 complete addon sets:

1. Typhoon
  2. Air Weapons Pack
  3. v2.03 Flares and Core System

All have info that need documenting before release. Its going to be atleast another 3+ hours maybe even Sunday as CannonousCrash suggested. I am only 1 man you know.

Hey chill out Rock, I was kidding... only saying that I'm looking forward to it, not that you've been a lazy ass on your "free" project available to all for "free", that would be stupid. I've always supported all your work and that will not ever change, you produce some of the most high quality arma 2 content around.

What kind of documentation is it gonna be then if it takes so long?

Iam quite intrested now :)

Iam quite intrested now :)

I didn't say it was the content of the documentation taking so long. I said I keep getting interrupted. Which is making the documentation harder to finish. ;)

Besides, I'm done now - just got the uploads to do after i get some food.

You could always try complaining to my employers. They are the ones that kept interferring and making me do work for them.

Those pesky employers - it's like they expect you to work for your money! ;)

It's comprehensive. :rolleyes: and proofread by me.

Those pesky employers - it's like they expect you to work for your money! ;)

The current ones expect me to work 7 days a week at all hours. (including phone calls at 3am on a saturday night.)

It's comprehensive. :rolleyes: and proofread by me.

Any mistakes and its his fault! :D

thx for the Eurofighter dling/testing right now ._:

Why did i presume that the mod would be released in the wip thread...

Thank god the RAFs motto is you dont need to a pilot to fly in the RAF

Why did i presume that the mod would be released in the wip thread...

Thank god the RAFs motto is you dont need to a pilot to fly in the RAF

Actually its "Per Ardua Ad Astra" - Through Adversity to the Stars :D

But i know what you mean.

Well i just refreshed his page every 2 minutes and i saw they where uploadet ;D Rock? even the AI loves you stuff 1 minute ago i saw an AI pilot doing like 10 barrel rolls ;D such a awsome work u did.... who need DLC if there are guys/teams like u/rs around

Well done rock its lovely :)

Glad you guys like it. Wait until you try the Harrier. Its more fun to fly if you ask me. But you cant beat the "Typhoon Grin", even if its only in game.

This typhoon is amazing, best plane I've tried definately but you shouldn't have said anything about the harriers because I'm sure everyone is now itching to get there hands on that too haha.

The Typhoon is really awesome, and incredibly fun to fly in canyons, then dropping a thousand pound bomb on a house. The plane is REALLY nimble and handles well. And I've found myself flying 3rd person more than anything, I'm worried because it's not my normal SOP. But the outside is just sooooo pretty. :p

I haven't found anything wrong with it, considering all of the crazy stunts I've managed to pull off. So good job.

Also, for people without Combined ops and are using OA; start it empty because you will get an error, "no USMC_pilot", otherwise. Not anybodies fault, it is what it is. :)

Also, for people without Combined ops and are using OA; start it empty because you will get an error, "no USMC_pilot", otherwise. Not anybodies fault, it is what it is. :)

*cough* I know you didnt read the manual *cough* :p

Glad you guys like it. A lot of work from a lot of people has gone into this addon. Its been an interesting and difficult job at times but i am rather proud of it.

*cough* I know you didnt read the manual *cough* :p

Nobody does. Hahaha. ;)

Edit:

Especially not the fine print in said "manual".

Edited by b00ce

rock' date=' whats next on the priority list? :D[/quote']

So far, This is whats in the list:

1. MQ9 Reaper UAV
  2. WK450 Hermes UAV
  3. Desert Hawk I UAV
  4. Upgraded Lynx Pack
  5. Upgraded Puma Pack
  6. Harrier GR9
  7. *Special Project #1*
  8. Tornado GR4
  9. Tornado F3
  10. WAH-1 Apache
  11. *Special Project #2*
  12. *Special Project #3*

The UAV's dont require much so they should be out very quickly. Likewise the Lynx and Puma upgrades just require 3-4 jobs to "finish". The Harrier is the next major project as thats the one that really needs the work.

The 'Special Projects' are something new that i dont want to reveal just yet.

Can you answer if I ask if any projects are none-aircraft addons? Ground based such as AAA, ect?

The addons released so far have been of such high quality, professional and polished, you must be mega proud. The bar has been set.

Edited by Prydain

Can you answer if I ask if any projects are none-aircraft addons? Ground based such as AAA, ect?

The addons released so far have been of such high quality, professional and polished, you must be mega proud. The bar has been set.

Yes some GBAD stuff is in work. Ive dug a lot of older project out recently and the Rapiers will definately rise again. The other "non-UK" stuff is part of another work queue for another project so you'll have to wait and see.

Hey Rock , nice Eurofighter Typhoon out there :)

btw when i can expect the Cessna 172 plane ?