Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Somehow I cannot switch between the different weapons of the Eurofighter (German Luftwaffe). Every time I press the switch button i can see the rockets f.e. for not even half a second and it switches back to mg :( Can someone confirm this issue or got a solution?

Ok specifically which loadout are you using? eg EF2000 (AS1)

What other addons are you using? eg ACE, Mandos etc?

Hi Rock,

this issue appears with every version of the Luftwaffe Eurofighter (didn't test non german versions) but not with standard vanilla or other mod planes.

I'm using MandoMissiles.

EDIT:

Ok just tested without Mandos and everything worked as it should ;)

Edited by Cyclone83

Ah well its likely because Mandos hasn't been updated for a while and doesn't have the right class names setup. Nothing we can do, sorry. ;)

Hi I have a strange error, and Im pretty sure its my fault because its so obvious, but still:

All Typhoons work perfectly, including the optional skins like Luftwaffe etc. BUT if I select the British SR1 Typhoon there seems to be a missing texture:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130927/rx69pch5.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130927/ksbqlg7o.jpg

Any ideas? Again, its only the British SR1. SR2 and every other plane has no texture error.

Yes we know about it, it's a typo in the config (there should be a 0 before the 6 in the .paa filename).

You can easily do an ingame fix by using setobjecttexture to swap the skin for the correct filename:

this setObjectTexture [0, "rksl\rksl_typhoon_raf\data\06sqdrn_efa_ext1_co.paa"]

Or replace the default texture allocation with any other RAF squadron that takes your fancy

Rock's already mentioned he's doing another update for the plugins packages to fix some of the little bugs like that when he gets around to it.

Might I ask if the OPFOR Ambassador MK III is still planned to be using "Harpoonskis" (3M24 Uran/SS-N-25 "Switchblade") instead of RGM-84G Harpoon Block 1G missiles? (Upgraded RGM-84D Block 1C with the cancelled RGM-84F Block 1D's "re-attack" capability and further improved ECCM.)

Also, considering that you previously talked about the 50 meter limit versus the 60 meter limit, is it the sort of situation where we could expect geometry/roadway LOD issues since we're talking "nominal/reliable limit vs. absolute limit"? Admittedly it's partially on account of that size that it's actually one of the Arma 3 projects that I'm following the closest...

P.S. To my great amusement, the most detailed place as far as Ambassador MK III stats that I've found: this Harpoon page.

Edited by Chortles

Might I ask if the OPFOR Ambassador MK III is still planned to be using "Harpoonskis" (3M24 Uran/SS-N-25 "Switchblade") instead of RGM-84G Harpoon Block 1G missiles? (Upgraded RGM-84D Block 1C with the cancelled RGM-84F Block 1D's "re-attack" capability and further improved ECCM.)

Yes. In the scenarios I have planned out it would be illogical to have them use the Harpoon. And before you comment on that, once the IAP storyline evolves in the planned episodes you'll understand why.

And the SS-N-25 comes in useful for other projects too. But should there be a need to replace the URANs with Harpoons then it just a config issue just like the weapons on the Typhoon. Assuming there is a different launcher model available.

Also, considering that you previously talked about the 50 meter limit versus the 60 meter limit, is it the sort of situation where we could expect geometry/roadway LOD issues since we're talking "nominal/reliable limit vs. absolute limit"? Admittedly it's partially on account of that size that it's actually one of the Arma 3 projects that I'm following the closest...

No.

I've already tested the geometry clipping in arma2 and its not an issue. Also since the ship is in fact class ship roadways aren't an issue since we can't reliably use them and the model is not setup to be walkable in ArmA2. That may change in ArmA3 but that depends on future requirements.

P.S. To my great amusement, the most detailed place as far as Ambassador MK III stats that I've found: this Harpoon page.

If you can search in Arabic, you can find a number of references but the Harpoon game database is possibly the most accessible and complete. Although reportedly not that accurate to the actual fit but at least to the original spec if nothing else. The version/interpretation I am choosing to use on this project is the "growth" model for future builds as suggested by Thales and Lockheed with some local variation for 'colour'.

Hi Rock,

is still planned an update of RKSL Lynx series ?

After the update of HC1 Puma and RKSL core, I know that a final upgrade of Lynx TOW to OA standard (actually with final RKSL core and flares doesn`t work) have been planned.

Regards

Hi Rock,

is still planned an update of RKSL Lynx series ?

After the update of HC1 Puma and RKSL core, I know that a final upgrade of Lynx TOW to OA standard (actually with final RKSL core and flares doesn`t work) have been planned.

Regards

Yeah, sorry that it hasnt been released yet but I've been a bit bogged down with other real world work, and moving house... im actually in between houses right now actually. I'm currently camped out in my friend's dining room with my laptop and peripherals trying to finish a contract job by the end of the month AND get a new job 100miles away from "home" AND new place to live AND finish everything else.

So things like release date/project updates are all a bit "fluid" right now. All good fun though. :P

Glad you already probably fixed them...

Jut remember when your house has been moved and everything will be OK, release the Lynx update, the way you fixed the Puma eliminated the problem of wrong flying path on AI choppers and other issues reported when OA\CO was released.

And keep on the good work !

Cheers