Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

In theory yes. But, going off VBS2's PhysX there are still some limits and pretty odd AI issues. :)

Maybe just skip over the AI? Make it enough just for players to use it and maybe just have the AI steer the carrier, I think it would be worth having the AI issues in order to have a moving ship you could walk/park vehicles on. I am keeping an eye on how much physx is doing, because I have a few ship projects of my own I would like to do, but I won't do them if they have to be static in order to use them properly.

I'd marry Messiah and make super babies if I wasn't already married. :( Textures are mind blowing!

Dan;2375220']Maybe just skip over the AI? Make it enough just for players to use it and maybe just have the AI steer the carrier' date=' I think it would be worth having the AI issues in order to have a moving ship you could walk/park vehicles on. I am keeping an eye on how much physx is doing, because I have a few ship projects of my own I would like to do, but I won't do them if they have to be static in order to use them properly.[/quote']Considering the Maritime Discussion Paper and the subsequent white paper from BISim (whose summation of mine was quoted by RKSL-Rock) what ideas were these? I say this considering what issues BISim was contracted to resolve, unless this is solely about AI (seeing as I didn't see anything indicating that these changes only applied to human-controlled "avatars").

Considering the Maritime Discussion Paper and the subsequent white paper from BISim (whose summation of mine was quoted by RKSL-Rock) what ideas were these? I say this considering what issues BISim was contracted to resolve, unless this is solely about AI (seeing as I didn't see anything indicating that these changes only applied to human-controlled "avatars").

What do you mean by what ideas?

I did read the whitepaper (interesting), and some of the things I would like to see, for example have you seen the BISim amphib op video on youtube, would be cool to do that someday in A3, and I see that RKSL have been porting some ships over that could do that.

I'd marry Messiah and make super babies if I wasn't already married. :( Textures are mind blowing!

Sounds like a weird first date

(Thanks :) - they still need a bit of work to make them more worn/dusty, but slowly getting there)

Dan;2375968']What do you mean by what ideas?

I did read the whitepaper (interesting)' date=' and some of the things I would like to see, for example have you seen the BISim amphib op video on youtube, would be cool to do that someday in A3, and I see that RKSL have been porting some ships over that could do that.[/quote']According to the white paper, you can move characters about on moving ships after the contracted VBS2 updates, but moving vehicles about (as opposed to just parking them? Not seeing what exactly you mean by "parking") is not explicitly mentioned, is that what you meant?

For what it's worth, from yesterday's Arma 3 dev build (04211) changelog:

• Fixed: Animation source gear for PhysX vehicles
  • Fixed: Ships are now using the correct Arma 3 gearbox

OK Re the ships.

They were always from the very start intended to be "player-first" ships. the AI was only ever a nice to have.

However #1 - in testing people insisted on putting AI on the ships to add ambiance, man equipment etc so there is a need for them to be AI friendly. They also repeatedly demanded the ability for AI to land and take off on the carriers. They said, "BIS has done it on UTES so why cant you." Unfortunately the aforementioned "people" dont realise what they are seeing on UTES and the accompanying problems of the BIS solution. So I mostly just ignore them. Once I try and explain I get assaulted by a swam of "BUTBUTBUT" noises that it sound like a day at the

However #2 - Without actual PhysX enabled ArmA3 and tools we can only speculate. Something that I'd rather not waste my time doing right now. Im too busy. ArmA3 is not VBS2, not all the available VBS2 features can or will be ported to ArmA3 for various reasons. until the game goes 'Gold' I'm not going to commit to any capability or feature unless i can get it to work in ArmA2 first.

Anything else about ArmA3's capabilities is probably best discussed in the ArmA3 area.

My reply was to [EVO] Dan regarding his own ship ideas.

Truthbetold I wouldn't have minded the planned RKSL ships being player only, and who am I to complain if you were to choose to develop and release player-first versions first because they're simpler to put out in a "fully functional" state? As it is, thanks to modders' work over the years it feels like we've seen "naval simulation" in Arma 2 come pretty far.

Whats happening with the Hawk T1,2 projects or even the Tornado?

Whats happening with the Hawk T1,2 projects or even the Tornado?

Wait and see. :p

WIP Wednesdays

Week 18 - May 1st 2013 - Serious Words and Guess Who#2 < NEW

I don't really know how else to approach this. I am getting a bit pissed off with ArmA3 and the PMs/emails from people porting our stuff over and expecting it to work in the ALPHA perfectly.

RKSL Studios does not support any unofficial ports of our addons into ArmA3.

Guess what kids it doesn't work! And It wont work bug free either! ArmA3 doesn't NOT support all the same features as ArmA2 yet. Nor does it share all the same class names.

NO we aren't going to fix it so it works in ArmA3 ALPHA any time soon no matter how many times you make demands and threats.

Now lets just play a game... Thermo...er... Guess who #2

wk18_guesswho1.JPG

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - Guess Who... It was a Gazelle AH1 someone guessed really quickly.

Week 16 WIP Wednesday - Lights, Power, Action... Foxhound in game!

Week 15 WIP Wednesday - Birds, Boats and Fire Extinguishers

Week 14 WIP Wednesday - Staying Inside - Foxhound Update

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Postponed

Week 12 WIP Wednesday - Headsets and Bath toys

Week 11 WIP Wednesday - It's all in the (level of) detail

Week 10 WIP Wednesday - Sorry, we're closed

Week 09 WIP Wednesday - I can see Uranus

Week 08 WIP Wednesday - Baked Barracuda

Week 07 WIP Wednesday - Who ordered Chinese?

Week 06 WIP Wednesday - Coming Soon - Part Deux

Week 05 WIP Wednesday - Coming Soon

Week 04 WIP Wednesday - Online at last... lets hope it lasts

Week 03 WIP Wednesday - PC Drama cut Rock off.

Week 01 WIP Wednesday - Whoops I forgot it was wednesday - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 52 WIP Wednesday - Twas the Night after Christmas - The Que... Rock's Christmas Message

That looks great :).

WIP Wednesdays

Week 19 - May 9th 2013 - Whats that coming over the hill? < NEW

Its finally uploaded, just took eight and a half hours. I have such a crap internet connection. :(

These last weeks have been very productive in terms of RKSL & IAP work. Between us we've managed to bottom most of the bugs on the Typhoon. So much so that I'm relieved to say its at a point I'm comfortable enough saying we'll release it in a couple of weeks. I have a few things left to do, mostly with the weapons pack and I'm waiting on any last minute feedback from the Beta and UKAF guys but I think its finally ready.

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - Serious Words and Guess Who#2 - Slightly harder but it was a JSHV.

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - Guess Who... It was a Gazelle AH1 someone guessed really quickly.

Week 01 WIP Wednesday - Whoops I forgot it was wednesday - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 52 WIP Wednesday - Twas the Night after Christmas - The Que... Rock's Christmas Message

Well there goes my sleep in anticipation... Meh who am I kidding I have loads of drinking to do this weekend...

Probably should've asked earlier on, but for some reason the weapons on the Typhoon duplicate for me, like there is literally 3 AIM-132's and 6 fuel pods strapped together under the wing... Any idea what I've might done wrong?

Probably should've asked earlier on, but for some reason the weapons on the Typhoon duplicate for me, like there is literally 3 AIM-132's and 6 fuel pods strapped together under the wing... Any idea what I've might done wrong?

You've done absolutely nothing wrong. Its down the game engine. After patch 1.6(?) came out the bug appeared. It appears to be caused by the game engine assuming there is a turret in the plane and reading not only the pilots weapons but also this "phantom turret" and drawing the magazines twice. Now its really only and issue on the Typhoon because it uses so many proxies. Most of which remain empty nearly all the time, so with this bug the engine then draws this 2nd set of magazines into these empty slots.

The way around it is to fill all the empty pylons with the blanking magazines. In the soon to be released v2.6 Typhoon and supporting weapons pack there are updated configs and a 60 round blanking magazine (The v2.6 Typh now uses 57 weapons proxy slots) to get around this problem.

You can either wait until the v2.6 is released or manually configure the aircraft in the editor's init line.

(...) After patch 1.6(?) came out the bug appeared. (...)

And I assume it still exists, right? I have looked throught the beta patches and did not see any mentions of it. I'm still using 1.60 (for a few reasons, this included), and i'm pretty sure the issue came with 1.62 (though i might be wrong, but at least it isn't in 1.60). Anyway, back OT, will 1.62 be required for the Typhoon (because of features not already in 1.6)?

And I assume it still exists, right? I have looked throught the beta patches and did not see any mentions of it. I'm still using 1.60 (for a few reasons, this included), and i'm pretty sure the issue came with 1.62 (though i might be wrong, but at least it isn't in 1.60). Anyway, back OT, will 1.62 be required for the Typhoon (because of features not already in 1.6)?

Yes it still exists. As I said its an issue that is only really visible on custom planes since the BIS planes have all their proxies filled.

The "fix" is a work around so versions shouldnt matter. And should BIS choose to fix the bug, this work around would not be apparent anyway.

As for required version. Currently there is no patch specific requirement. I dont see that changing. Although CO is now required.

here's an example of what Rock is saying

the last pylon blank is missing on most stock models at present, meaning you get the fugly pylon spam.

I'm using a trigger to activate this rearmer but you could put it in the plane's init

_vec = (vehicle player);
_type = typeOf (vehicle player);
_weapons = weapons _vec;
{_vec removeweapon _x}forEach _weapons;
_magazines = magazines _vec;
{_vec removemagazine _x}forEach _magazines;

_vec addMagazine "120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine";
_vec addweapon "CMFlareLauncher";
player selectWeapon "CMFlareLauncher";
_muzzles = getArray(configFile>>"cfgWeapons" >> "CMFlareLauncher" >> "muzzles");
player selectWeapon (_muzzles select 0);

if(_type == "rksl_efa_fgr4_1") then 
	{
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_150Rnd_27mmAP_Mauser";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_27mmmauser";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_4Rnd_Meteor";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_MeteorLauncher";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_2Rnd_irist";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_iristLauncher";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_19Rnd_CRV7_FAT";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_CRV7_FAT_Launcher";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_19Rnd_CRV7_HEPD";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_CRV7_hepd_Launcher";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_CRV_lau5003FPodx2";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_2Rnd_brimstone_rack_mag";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_2Rnd_PAVE4_500";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_Paveway4500Launcher";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_1Rnd_GP_1000RET";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_1000GPRETLauncher";
//			_vec addMagazine "RKSL_litening_Pod_mag";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_1Rnd_pylonblank";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_6Rnd_pylonblank";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_6Rnd_Brimstone_DM";
		_vec addweapon "RKSL_BrimstoneLauncher";
		_vec addMagazine "RKSL_6Rnd_pylonblank";
	};

which looks like this

typhCAS_zpsb6e76bb6.jpg

my cockpit rearm script adds Rock's weapons to stock aircraft and also fixes the pylon issue for 7 types of typhoon role (all on one plane, reducing apron traffic)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154352-Eggbeasts-cockpit-loadout-selection-script

looking forward to the new system Rock!

greetz

EB

WIP Wednesdays

Week 20 - May 15th 2013 - Messiah reveals his love of Grease the musical. < NEW

I am so sorry about this guys...Messiah is referencing musicals this week. :confused:

"Particularly slow progress from myself these last few weeks, work, life, relationships taking their toll on my free time, but regardless I've managed to crack on with a few bits and bobs since the last update and fixing up a few issues with the first Alpha that the team have been playing with."

Week 19 WIP Wednesday - Whats that coming over the hill? - Monster update.

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - Serious Words and Guess Who#2 - Slightly harder but it was a JSHV.

Can you make a C-17? Would be freaking awesome if you could.

hi Rock

any info on the classnames for the new missilebox?

Am particularly interested in the new Opfor weapons you're using.

the plane looks absolutely awesome. i imagine you've spent untold hours coaxing AI to leave the hangar...