Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Why dont you release your projects? Or do you make your projects for ArmA 3 ?

Gnat;2237154']I'm sure theres some forum anti-spambot software available we can adapt to fix this problem for you Rock LOL

The solution is probably quite "simple". We need more hours in the day so all the guys can finish all the projects and release it all. I know i could use about 6 more hours sleep right now :P

WIP Wednesdays

Week 41 - Oct 10th - Tonka Tadaaaa < NEW

I've been slacking I admit it. hey its been a busy month, flu and two international trips with killer jetlag to top it all. BUT it is (part) of the much promised Tornado update.

I had a last minute trip to Orlando a week or two ago. Flying out at 4 hours notice to "fix" a job. Staying 5 days, working all hours in a glorified shed (Sorry Wayne :lol: ) and being all but ignored by the TSA. Oddly enough they didn't seem to keen to frisk a slightly sweaty (I had to run to make the flight and it was humid as hell), shaved down ape waving a British passport. On my return I have to say I really could not be arsed to do anything for 2 days after. I really don't recommend sitting in economy class seats for 8 hours. Did you know its is actually illegal to transport any live stock, apart from humans obviously, in a space as small as an economy class seat? A veal calf gets more leg room than humans.

CLICK TO READ MORE

tonk_wip_wk41_cpit_003.JPG

Week 40 WIP Wednesday - General Purpose Progress Report Da12thMonkey saves the day and shows off his rather impressive creation.

Week 39 WIP Wednesday - Rock was Jetlagged

Week 38 WIP Wednesday - Rock was asleep

Week 37 WIP Wednesday - Back in the Swing of Things - Animation Tutorial Part 2

Week 36 WIP Wednesday - A Better Posture. - Animation Tutorial Part 1

Week 35 WIP Wednesday - Oh S@#% this wont float... - 22m Patrol/Pilot boat

Week 34 WIP Wednesday - Look ma' it floats - Rigid Raider Mk1

Week 33 WIP Wednesday - Enforced Labour - Enforcer RWS update

Week 32 WIP Wednesday - "The best laid plans..." ... of mice and men, often go awry.

Week 31 WIP Wednesday - "Be a MAN my son..." - British Army Trucks

Week 30 WIP Wednesday - Tempting Fate, AW159 and Bed baths - Hospital, Helicopters and Student Nurses

Week 29 WIP Wednesday - The Dog ate my homework...honest! - Excuses excuses.

Week 28 WIP Wednesday - 404 Not Found - Excuses excuses.

Week 27 WIP Wednesday - Rapier Wit... or not - UK GBAD System

Week 26 WIP Wednesday - Release the hounds - Messiahs new Foxhound model

Week 25 WIP Wednesday - E3, RTT, RWS

Week 24 WIP Wednesday - Talking Tyffs Part3 - Plugins

Week 23 WIP Wednesday - Talking Tyffs Part2 - Cockpit Video and Voice over

Week 22 WIP Wednesday - Triffids, FSM, Pandas and the Website. - Website news and not much else.

Week 21 WIP Wednesday - Carrier Country - UK Mod - All change. C to B and CVFs.

Week 20 WIP Wednesday - Class MFD, Blood, and Close Protection duty.

Week 19 WIP Wednesday - UAVs, a Gorilla, a box and a Wet Tesco bag.

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - CBF Shipbuilding and its role

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - He's not THE Messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Week 16 WIP Wednesday - Projects that time forgot

Week 15 WIP Wednesday - Typhoon update click here.

Week 14 WIP Wednesday - Modeling and the F-35C.

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Challenger 2.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

So we can't lower the slat's? what happened to the quality *shakes head* :P

Looking nice, definitely one of the higher quality mod team's you guys run compared to some of the other stuff that comes out where everything is painted on photos >_>

Had a good laugh reading your weekly update, funny enough one of my nicknames in the army was shaved Orangoutang.

Got to say really impressive work, makes me feel like the beginner I am. Also thank you for the detailed animation explanation, I was kind of stuck with my windmill-animation until I read your complex gun-mount solution.

Even if we don't openly (like) to admit it, you're mini-tutorials and workflow explanations are greatly appreciated, well they are by me at least.

So we can't lower the slat's? what happened to the quality *shakes head* :P

Looking nice, definitely one of the higher quality mod team's you guys run compared to some of the other stuff that comes out where everything is painted on photos >_>

Yeah I fluffed that one... In the version I have (ahem...cough....excuse #241) the Slatt indicator is actually present. But in the version I used for the render it must not have been switched on. Honest, really :)

Had a good laugh reading your weekly update, funny enough one of my nicknames in the army was shaved Orangoutang.

Got to say really impressive work, makes me feel like the beginner I am. Also thank you for the detailed animation explanation, I was kind of stuck with my windmill-animation until I read your complex gun-mount solution.

Even if we don't openly (like) to admit it, you're mini-tutorials and workflow explanations are greatly appreciated, well they are by me at least.

Fortunately my fur...erm...hair is naturally brown. Not Ginger (thank his Noodliness for that) If I was I would have been stuck with "Clyde" or similar. They tried hanging "Ape" of Rockape on me but Rock stuck faster. Thankfully.

As for the Anim tuts. Thats all Da12thMonkey's doing. I have to say I tried for ages to work out the interactions for that type of mount he demonstrated. I gave up after a few weeks of head scratching. He's rapidly eclipsing me for model.cfg work, textures, anims and modelling. I may just retire soon :)

I'm glad you're find the WIPs fun and useful. They are meant to be a a bit tongue in cheek but useful too.

So that's it for this week. I'm not sure who's doing what for next week but my own WIP Wednesdays should be pretty much all Tornado for the next month or so.

Now thats gona help get over hump day a bit easier

(well it would if I wasn't 11hrs ahead on the other side ofthe world, but help through Thursday is also appreciated)

Cheers.

WIP Wednesdays

Week 42 - Oct 17th - SoAm Lifting Part 1 < NEW

OK so this isn't a Tornado. Maybe if you squint... nah not even then. For reasons out of my control I've not done as much on the Tonka as i hoped so I'm going to show you something a little different.

This is something for ArmA3, IAP was planned for ArmA2 originally. It was intended to be a very long term project but even the best laid plans of mince and men change (Well it just got longer). So, ArmA3 here we come...I've been planning a project called IAP for a while now. At least 2 years and you've seen bits and pieces of the prep work for a while now. This week, much earlier than I planned to may i present something new in almost every sense of the word. The Embraer KC-390, I'm going to split this update into 3 or 4 pieces and make it a bit educational since people keep saying they like it when we explain our work flows. This week though is a bit of introduction to the concept and project.

Embraer KC-390 - The South American Lifter - CLICK TO READ MORE

IAP_Logo_final.jpg

Week 41 WIP Wednesday - Week 41 - Oct 10th - Tonka Tadaaaa - Tornado GR4 WIP Cockpit Shots

Week 40 WIP Wednesday - General Purpose Progress Report Da12thMonkey saves the day and shows off his rather impressive creation.

Week 32 WIP Wednesday - "The best laid plans..." ... of mice and men, often go awry.

Week 30 WIP Wednesday - Tempting Fate, AW159 and Bed baths - Hospital, Helicopters and Student Nurses

Week 22 WIP Wednesday - Triffids, FSM, Pandas and the Website. - Website news and not much else.

Oh man o2 tips I'm quite excited...Just found it really hard getting back into it properly... I was going to say that city on the island behind the embraers looks amazing! And then I read some more hah

The 16AA(.net) would literally explode into ecstacy if a Tornado was to be released.

WIP Wednesdays

Week 43 - Oct 23th - Making of the SoAm Lifter Part 2 < NEW

Yet another late one and still not a Tornado. I'm sorry (hangs head in shame) but the unwrapping is proving to be rather unpleasant and I've been prevaricating about getting it finished so I'm writing some tuts instead. And I'm running later than planned thanks to four bags of gravel, 2 of sharp sand and "Housemaid's knee" (It actually really hurts!). So here I am the last minute again, re-writing (again) a tut I wrote earlier int he week because my Laptop is now on its way to Southhampton in the back of my former office monkey's car.

So making a Lifter in O2... well setting it up anyway. Today I'm going cover the basics of setting up to make a model in O2. These days you are probably more likely to make a model in pretty much any other tool, Max, Maya, Blender, Modo. But at some point you are probably going to end up in O2 and some basic knowledge is going to help. Let me be perfectly clear this is not going to be a complete start to finish tutorial for O2. While it is a pretty simple program it does have its dark murky secrets and I'm not sure I have the time to cover everything.

Making the Embraer KC-390 - CLICK TO READ MORE

WK43_tut_001_bis.jpg

Week 42 WIP Wednesday - IAP and the SoAm Lifter - Embraer KC390 the start of a Tutorial series Part1

Week 41 WIP Wednesday - Tonka Tadaaaa - Tornado GR4 WIP Cockpit Shots

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I think the links on the first page are broken. Are they meant to point to a site with a directory somewhere to browse, like Vilas has?

I think the links on the first page are broken. Are they meant to point to a site with a directory somewhere to browse, like Vilas has?

The first page of this refers to a website that is long dead. But if you look again you'll see that the forum account that created is also dead so I cannot edit it to correct that.

WIP Wednesdays

Week 44 - Nov 2nd - Technical Drama & Forced Retirement < NEW

So this week is late and it's not according to "the plan". It seems I have a random Audio/Video/Hard disk fault that is causing my system to lock and occasionally CTD. Really frustrating; so I have to rebuild the PC over the weekend. I've been trying the last few days to complete the Tonka and KC390 Tutorial but I can't run the PC for more than an hour without a lockup or crash. This makes doing any serious work a bit impractical.

Obviously I'm struggling to get either the Tornado or the Tutorials finished this week, as a small consolation prize. Now for something completely different:

Harrier GR9A - Fallen Hero

RKSL_Harrier-Render-GR9-001.jpg

Week 43 WIP Wednesday - Tutorial - Making a KC-390 Part 2 - Embraer KC390 - Tutorial series Part2

Week 42 WIP Wednesday - IAP and the SoAm Lifter - Embraer KC390 the start of a Tutorial series Part1

WIP Wednesdays

Week 46 - Nov 14th - Fitting Out the Fleet < NEW

So my technical woes continue. Random lockups, CTDs, BSOD, audio and video glitches noises and general witchcraft and vodoo are common now so some of the larger projects are being dramatically slowed since I cant get to my Storage array. Apologies to those wanting Part 3 of the Tut or the incredibly long over due and much promised Tornado update but they are all on my main workstation which is currently un-servicable.

Recently, WLD427 and I have been discussing common areas of interest for ArmA3. WLD427 has some areas of PRACS he would like to modernise for both ArmA2 and eventually ArmA3 and I have some things I would like to use for IAP and ArmA3. So I've dragged out my old laptop and I've been adding to the IAP library and my own Portfolio of models. Right now Eddie is doing the research and I'm cherry picking from his wishlist. This has led to some interesting possibilities, mostly Naval this week though...

IAP-SeaRAM_render_004.JPG

Week 45 WIP Wednesday - Technical Issues Continue

Week 44 WIP Wednesday - Technical Drama & Forced Retirement - Harrier

Week 43 WIP Wednesday - Tutorial - Making a KC-390 Part 2 - Embraer KC390 - Tutorial series Part2

they are all on my main workstation which is currently un-servicable.

What a shame, really hope you will get servicable fixing the problems soon! Great progress by the way :)

WIP Wednesdays

Week 47 - Nov 21st - SPEAR3 Chucking... < NEW

It's been another week of computer woes. But not so bad actually. I replaced my boot drive with another 1TB Samsung I had in the cupboard and my main PC's stability improved. But it is still crashing so it's another "little bits and pieces update".

This week it's SPEARs. Not the long, sharp pointy things - although that would be interesting to see how we could get that working... might have to check out that Roman mod I saw last week but no its something a bit more modern. Selective Precision Effects At Range, SPEAR for short. It's the name for a weapons development program for the RAF.

wk47_splash.jpg

Week 46 WIP Wednesday - Fitting Out the Fleet

Week 45 WIP Wednesday - Technical Issues Continue

Week 44 WIP Wednesday - Technical Drama & Forced Retirement - Harrier

ooh i want one! the GLT AGM154 is pretty cool already - as its got a nice slow cruising trajectory and packs a punch at impact.

what will your spears do? multifunction?

ooh i want one! the GLT AGM154 is pretty cool already - as its got a nice slow cruising trajectory and packs a punch at impact.

what will your spears do? multifunction?

Well at first pass they will be vanilla missiles. Later on when UNN or someone else who is kind enough to help out...can make the time we'll guide them properly but untill then the wont be anything too special. Something between a Brimstone and a Maverick.

You're really kicking out some stuff Rock.

Is all of this part of your IAP mod, or will they be released individually?

Its a bit of both. For the core UK flagged RKSL stuff will keep going with ArmA2 until ArmA3 arrives but if it got an IAP logo on it, then its aimed at ArmA3.

Somehow I missed the Iveco,man that looks sweet.Would be awesome to give it a spin when it's out.

Will it have a version with Protector system?