Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Bit of a shame that the JP233 isn't used any more. It would've been quite cool to see a Tonka dispensing munitions with that.

Are there any plans for the FAA version of the Lynx?

Just asked if there is something similar to yours flight model at the moment in any other mod\addon, to get used to it... =)
;1610624']Maybe try the Lynx that is already out?

The new one should be out soon' date=' im almost done with the bugs and the new tweaks.

The flight model has changed a bit due mostly to the pitch rate issue and the excessive lift at over 100 kts/185kph. Both have been toned down a bit which has a dampening affect on the rest of the flight model. Sadly the rudder is no longer pitch neutral but thats mainly down to the way the game engine combines the roll and rudder functions.

Do it you big girl!

But thats a "manly pink". I was going for the classic "My Little Pony pink":

My%20little%20pony.jpg

Anyway it wont happen, the few that have admitted they are big girls blouses have begged me not to turn them pink and as much as i enjoy insulting them I dont want to affect others too much.

;1610627']...I think there is a problem. Great addons like these takes so long that

the Game Devs gets the time to release another version.

ArmA III..

Well there are several problems preventing us releasing every thing:

• not enough hours in the day.
  • too much beer in the world
  • too much work in the real world
  • lack of a decent reliable texture artist that has a lot of free time :p
  • too many abusive dirtbags
  • too many theiving shits
    ...and so much more

:D

Beleive me i want to get all this out asap. I have plans for something else after all these are done.

I have to admit that when I first tried the Lynx and Puma ports I was a bit put off by how they handled' date=' but after having made some tight landings (and shat passengers up by doing stall turns) I'm a convert.[/quote']

To be brutally honest that was the entire point. The plan was to force people to take the time to learn how to fly properly. Some did, some didnt. But the overall response we've gotten back has been very positive. The newer Lynx and Puma are a bit more sedate (pitch rate is reduced by 15%) but they are just as much fun.

Are there any plans for the FAA version of the Lynx?

Yes, I did make both the HAS3 and the HMA8 but they ended up in VBS2 which added some complications to the release. But I've decided to remake the Lynx base model due to the new varients coming out in the real world so they will have to wait for the new Lynx models are done.

New versions could propably be (all dependant on time of course):

• AH9A - uprated AH9 with new engine, intakes and exhausts
  • HAS3 - Classic Naval Lynx common to alot of nations
  • HMA8 - latest RN Lynx standard
  • Super lynx - Export Naval Version
  • Lynx Wildcat - aka Future Lynx

The newer Lynx and Puma are a bit more sedate (pitch rate is reduced by 15%)...

Baww... :(

I like them the way they are...

• not enough hours in the day.
  • too much beer in the world
  • too much work in the real world
  • lack of a decent reliable texture artist that has a lot of free time :p
  • too many abusive dirtbags
  • too many theiving shits
    ...and so much more

Cant have TO MUCH bear, i say there arent enough bear..

I say bear "make the world spin around, spin around"

;1611716']Cant have TO MUCH bear' date=' i say there arent enough bear..

I say bear "make the world spin around, spin around"[/quote']

I agree. You can never have too many Grizzly Bears on your side. :D

Hahahahaha! This thread is the most fun read I've had on these forums ever! I wish the forum had a Respectometerâ„¢ where we could rate other forumites, because you would be so awesome it's off the scales, RKSL-Rock! Totally support your decision with the people that want "selective realism" (like the ones who love that you can carry so much stuff in ACE, but hate the stamina system because it means they can't carry a M107 Barett with 15 mags, a SMAW with 6 rockets and then be able to sprint more than 20 meters).

Oh, and grats on exactly 5000 posts Mr. Major Poster!

Nice work RKSL team as per usual, looking forward to getting shot down in the merlin :)

I agree with jezza, Your stuff always looks above par.

And the mostly looking forward to... Dropping hundreds of bomblets from that Gr4 you're making :-D

From the picture in your sig Rock, are you starting to make Land Vehicles as well? That looks like a Warrior AFV turret?

From the picture in your sig Rock, are you starting to make Land Vehicles as well? That looks like a Warrior AFV turret?

I've always made Land Vehicles

But yes its a Warrior IFV. I made it as a bit of a side project when I thought UKF were shutting down.

http://twitpic.com/photos/RKSL_Rock

It wasn't until i spoke to Orson and found out that they weren't by which time i'd already made it. Its only 80% and not especially accurate. Orson's new model will probably make mine like a lego replica though.

I only really made it to test out a few ideas. Its uses fully modelled view ports for the internal driver views etc apart from the actual gunner and commanders optics. I just wanted to see if it made it any easier for the driver to be able to look around properly.

Its got "variable mass" to make handling more realistic. Which i have to admit doesn't quite work 100% but it does mean drivers do need to be careful not to roll it. Which isnt a bad thing in my book. ;) And if i ever get round to discussing it properly with UNN it might even get working reactive Wrap2 armour. We had an idea for it a while back but we didn't have the time to develop it.

Anyway, it may make it out into the Public domain but it will probably be unfinished and act as a stop gap until UKF release their models.

Were you not making a Panther CLV at one point?

Yeah, i am. It just needs unwrapping.

Is there going to be sound inside it?

LOL, I dont know, what would you like? Radio 1, babies crying or perhaps the sound of boiling coffee?

LOL, I dont know, what would you like? Radio 1, babies crying or perhaps the sound of boiling coffee?

lol that made me laugh. :P

Given the choice though.... Radio 1. :P

RKSL EuroFighter Typhoon FGR4 MP Testing

Just a quick and dirty video taken during an MP Game featuring the new HUD and weapons in ArmA2.

EeTPQrVla5o

The Eurofighter will require the Air Weapons pack to work properly. This includes all the weapons and targetting pods currently used by the UK armed forces as well as some international users of the Typhoon. The pack will also be used by the other RKSL aircraft too.

RKSL-Air-Weapons1_sml.jpg

Wow. I'm always stunned by your talent. I hope the ordinance models can be used in MMA as well. I know they are UK variants but it would be fun to strap some of these to a US plane and blow some stuff up.

The Typhoon video is nasty. Thanks for the updates!

Hell the video wasn't boring at all. Looks like fun!

I was more impressed with the Aliens quote ;)

Superb work.

WOW this is just very good quality! Looking forward to this plane for sure! :)

Did I not only see a gun cue on the HUD there, but a CCRP pipper? That looks like pure sex!

Wow. I'm always stunned by your talent. I hope the ordinance models can be used in MMA as well. I know they are UK variants but it would be fun to strap some of these to a US plane and blow some stuff up....

Most of the weapons will be included in Myke's missile box. That will probably be supported by Mando.

I was more impressed with the Aliens quote ;)

Superb work.

LOL yeah, Alien and Predator are VCB fetish topics aren't they :P

It refers to my habit of going up to 8000m and dropping 2000lb LGB's on targets in MP games. It the only way i found to get around the DAR-V air defence umbrella.

Did I not only see a gun cue on the HUD there, but a CCRP pipper? That looks like pure sex!

Sadly no not a CCIP. I haven't found a way to make an accurate bomb sight yet. At least not an unscripted one. But the current system makes manual bombing far eaiser. Once you know what all the bits mean its pretty easy to accurately place rounds anywhere you want.

I'll post a 1080p video and some proper HQ screens of all the HUD modes tomorrow or Tuesday. That should answer most of the questions.

Ah, yeah. Looked again on YouTube, and not the hotlinked mini-format video here, and saw it was but a CCIP one. Still, a CCIP pipper is super-fantastic news. :)

Heck, rocket cue, gun cue, CCIP pipper. It's so beautiful it's crazy! The HUD is the prettiest I've seen in history of OFP/ArmA for sure <3

Edited by Inkompetent

Yummi Yummi...

Guess ill have to pay 30K £ to get me a pilot license..

So ill be able to fly the normal ones..Not the Pinkies...

hia hia

Looks fantastic rock! Just wondering if the targeting pod will have some functionality to it?