Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Screen heaters? :p Erm do you mean the det cord for ejecting throught eh canopy? eg: On the Harrier

Well, the purpose of a screen heater would be to de-ice the window, wouldn't it? So one has clear vision? So I think the det cord could technically be used as a screen heater. That should be considered a quick hack, though.

Anyways, your planes look very nice so far, can't wait for the EF!

Guest RKSL-Rock
well it looked like a screen heater to me :o

Hey you arent alone. My ex used to called them demisters and she work for the windscreen and canopy team at Eurofighter :D

Well, the purpose of a screen heater would be to de-ice the window, wouldn't it? So one has clear vision? So I think the det cord could technically be used as a screen heater. That should be considered a quick hack, though.

Yeah. quick end to the canopy :p Run 24v through the cord and its bye-bye plexiglass. Although i admit, you wouldnt have a problem with misting anymore :rolleyes:

Edited by RKSL-Rock

'twas a shame that there was no epic advent calender this year rock :(

hopefully you will make up for it with your extensive project list ;)

just dropped in to show some support, hope things are well, and looking foward to the relaeses!!

Been having a problem with rskl and Ace. Keep getting a message saying saying unable to play mission because it cant find rksl_radarsys. Its as if it is not in the addon folder, yet it is. Are there issues with Ace and RKSL? Any ideas.

Edited by gunterlund21

Guest RKSL-Rock
'twas a shame that there was no epic advent calender this year rock :(

hopefully you will make up for it with your extensive project list ;)

just dropped in to show some support, hope things are well, and looking foward to the relaeses!!

Epic is the right word. Last year's effort took about 10 times longer than planned to do. We didn't get much time to actually finish the addons. Which is why we were still doing the final bits on Christmas Day itself :) And i seriously doubt my girlfriend would let me hide in my office all Christmas day again.

Been having a problem with rskl and Ace. Keep getting a message saying saying unable to play mission because it cant find rksl_radarsys. Its as if it is not in the addon folder, yet it is. Are there issues with Ace and RKSL? Any ideas.

Best to talk to the ACE guys. But, before you do make sure you have the latest versions of the Flares and Core files you may have an old version without the fixes:

RKSL: ArmA2 Downloads

Epic is the right word. Last year's effort took about 10 times longer than planned to do. We didn't get much time to actually finish the addons. Which is why we were still doing the final bits on Christmas Day itself :) And i seriously doubt my girlfriend would let me hide in my office all Christmas day again.

We really enjoyed it last year, Rock, but we fully understand that ones development time is limited, especially at this time of year.

And i seriously doubt my girlfriend would let me hide in my office all Christmas day again

you could atleast beg for us :P

looking forward to the relases anyway rock!!

Edited by Schancky

I was wondering, was there ever a SA-2 Guideline (S-75) in production? I'm not requesting it, just a thought I had all the sudden.

Edited by colossus
well, already quoted so.. ^^

Guest RKSL-Rock
I was wondering, was there ever a SA-2 Guideline (S-75) in production? I'm not requesting it, just a thought I had all the sudden.

The models are done... (well the P-37 "BARLOCK" Radar is a bit crap and needs more work) but to make it practical it requires the Fire Control Script System (FCSS) and we haven't had the time to convert it.

I am probably going to let the SA-2 models "escape" in early 2010. They may not work very well as a SAM system without the scripts but they make great tactical objectives. More than likely a few other SAM systems will follow them out. :D

I was a bit quick to post that question, but I got more info then I'd asked for. Excellent news, many thanks and marry christmas :xmas:

Arma 2 1.05 patch fu*%cks the whole mod and not allowing game to start with such great mod cuz some of dum^&ss have decided to change classname of a "Civilian" unit.(BIS shame for that ,you don`t fix the problem with flares and don`t give others to use them .I want my flares back! Show me the helicopter that don`t iuses the flares in war!?)

Guys,great mod,sorry for that 1.05 makes it unplayable :(

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Guest RKSL-Rock
Arma 2 1.05 patch fu*%cks the whole mod and not allowing game to start with such great mod cuz some of dum^&ss have decided to change classname of a "Civilian" unit.(BIS shame for that you don`t fix the problem with flares and don`t give others to use them .I want my flares back! BIS it`s a Shame,shame,shame) Show me the helicopter that don`t iuses the flares in war!?

Guys,great mod,sorry for that 1.05 makes it unplayable :(

Its caused by the arma2.pbo file. Just delete that until we fix it... you'll need the flares for the new stuff due out in the near future.

Guest RKSL-Rock
:D :D :D heheheh can't wait!

Well wait no more... Check out the Complete Section of the Fourms:

1 - ArmA2.pbo and Flares Updated to work with patch 1.05

2 - RAF Puma HC1 Pack for ArmA2

3 - British Army Lynx AH7 and 9 Pack for ArmA2

4 - Santa Support Force: Lynx AH7.

More will follow but only after Christmas.... we're both knackered!

Oh and guys.... Take a moment to think of others this Christmas. If you like the addons we make for you for free. how about showing your appreciation by donating some Christmas cash to a good cause in our name:

Over the years we have offers of donations to help us keep going. We've always politely turned these down. But now we'd like you to show your appreciation of our work by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes. A charity that supports injured and wounded service men of the British Armed Forces.

http://www.justgiving.com/RKSLStudios

Regardless of whether you are British or not and you want to show your support for RKSL Studios please show it by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes.

Thank You and Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Rock and UNN of RKSL Studios.

awesome work rock!!!!!!! will be playing with these for hours :D can't wait for the sea kings to add to these stunning aircraft

Rock, your website seems to be down :(

Its been down all week mate. It is back up depending on whose DNS server you use but give it 24hrs and it should be normal service as usual.

Its been down all week mate. It is back up depending on whose DNS server you use but give it 24hrs and it should be normal service as usual.

Ah kk, glad to hear it :)

Looking forward to the jet aircraft releases! Any ideas on how soon they are likely to be released? (sorry for being the 100000000th person to ask)