Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

This is looking great, I admire your efforts to get the EF ingame. Will it still be released on arma2 or are you making it for OA now?

I agree with everyone really that this is looking pretty damn sexy. Really anticipating the release of it.

St3rv, I think that because its not require to use any other mods that it will be compatible with both OA and A2 out of the box.

Rock, in the list of ordanance that the EF can carry, will it be released with all the ordance on the list? And if so, how will the storm shaddows work?

how did the testing go rock and is the flares and community base addons like each other yet

Unfortunately we didnt get chance to do the full testing on Monday but we've got a new build to test tonight so hopefully it should be Fine. UNN has been incredibly busy re-writing everything and we've been adding more and more stuff in. If all goes well tonight we'll release asap.

This is looking great, I admire your efforts to get the EF ingame. Will it still be released on arma2 or are you making it for OA now?

Right now it will be ArmA2, since not everyone has OA yet. But i suspect that in the not too distant fute we'll focus on AO/COmbined ArmA2.

All the OA config changes are implemented and we're testing in both server platforms right now and apart from the CBA issues its looking very good.

Rock, in the list of ordanance that the EF can carry, will it be released with all the ordance on the list? And if so, how will the storm shaddows work?

Yes everything you saw on that chart is in the pack and active. And will be released in as part of the first BETA.

Right now the Storm Shadows are just basic missiles with a 1000lb warhead. No fancy scripting. You don't want to be near one when it hits. Its lethal for anything in a 100m radius. But they do fly for over 8km and are just slightly subsonic, so not unrealistic.

Remember that this first BETA release is more about the Typhoon than the weapons. The Weapons Pack is really an addon in its own right. Its a huge project and to be really honest it still needs a lot of work. But the Typhoon needs it so its "escaping" a bit earlier than it really should.

Good to hear, And hopefully ill be the one dropping the SS onto my fellow comrads rather than those dropping on me :-D

From the videos you've made about it the aircraft i noticed that you were working hard to keep the taxi speed down. Does this mean that aircraft handles in the same that the FFAA typhoon handles, IE unbelievably quick, almost unreleastic.

Sorry to compare to what i believe is a port. Just wanted to ask

Good to hear, And hopefully ill be the one dropping the SS onto my fellow comrads rather than those dropping on me :-D

From the videos you've made about it the aircraft i noticed that you were working hard to keep the taxi speed down. Does this mean that aircraft handles in the same that the FFAA typhoon handles, IE unbelievably quick, almost unreleastic.

Sorry to compare to what i believe is a port. Just wanted to ask

I don't know about the FFAA Typhoon. I honestly don't remember much about its handling. Not enough to compare it anyway.

Re handling. What you must keep in mind is that ArmA2's physics, especially when it comes to aircraft, are rather crude. Its hard to get anything to be 100% realistic. So everything has to be a compromise. Its impossible to have accurate ground handling and still retain semi realistic flight models in arma2. So we have had to accept some annoyingly unrealistic bits.

So yes the ground handling is quite light and quick. But in the air the performance is as accurate to as many public references as we can find. I don't like using games as references but in this case I've used DID's EuroFighter Typhoon: Operation Icebreaker as a baseline reference. Its not exactly up to date but it was made with the cooperation of BAe and EuroFighter so its not as bad as some other games. We've also used information from videos and the EuroFighter and RAF websites. As well as from other sources:

As well as lots of Aerospace magazines and articles. Airforces Monthly Typhoon Supplement was especially helpful.

So while it may not be a proper simulation, and we have had to accept some compromises we have tried to make it as realistic as we can within the capabilities of the game engine.

@RKSL Rock

Question about (RKSL)-Countermeasures.

Now with the "GLT FLC-Addon" (FLIR & Countermeasures) from Legislator is it possible

to use the orginal Bis-Countermeasures on every Airplane and/or Helicopter.

Do you plan to use this Countermeasures for your Addons too ?

I think that would be better and easier for all!

What do you think about it ??

Kind Regards

(ST6)Predator

As i've repeatedly said in the past we'll stick with the RKSL Flares unless something better comes along.

In all our play testing so far. Including recent testing in Arrowhead the BETA testers have all said they prefer the RKSL flare system over the other current alternatives.

Thanks for the responce Rock, Yeah i know that A2 dropped a ball when it came to adding in the aircraft, They are probably the most arcadey bit about the gam. But it is really more of an infantry sim than milsim.

I guess ive done what Germany did to John Terry and drawn as much information out of you as possible. Hope to have this bird very soon!

I guess ive done what Germany did to John Terry and drawn as much information out of you as possible. Hope to have this bird very soon!

Nah, all you need to do is ask the right questions no coaxing required :)

[best Futurama Professor Voice]Good News everyone...[/best Futurama Professor Voice]

The Typhoon and v2.03 Flares and ArmA2.pbo has passed testing. Just some documentation and last min fixes and she's ready to escape... Hopefully before the weekend time permitting.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
For someone who's native language is English i really seem to struggle typing

Excellent :)

Looking forward to it Rock, keep up the good work mate :)

Good job Rock, this has to be one of the best releases in a while. You can bet that I'll make a HD vid for you... or perhaps before if I got an early release copy ;)

ooo loveley news. I do like the Eurofighter typhoon, although I would like to see someone make an addon of the Hawker Typhoon for Arma 2, especially the rocket armed 'phoons that so succsefully shitted all over wheremacht ground fotrces in WWII. This addon will do nicely until then.

Looks so sweet!can't wait for release!! Thank you for your efforts Rock!:bounce3::yay:

Looking forward to this with great interest. I enjoy bombing around with the EF in X-Plane so it will be good to see your model released for Arma2/OA

i hope it will be here soon

I'm still writing the documentation :o

Hopefully done very soon.

Thanks for the update rock,

i hope i can still play it before i go holiday (monday)

Good luck with writing rock iam always proud of you guys work!

Keep it up!

You should of told us it will be late by 2 weeks... Now I'm just checking the forums every 5 minutes :p

RELEASE IT NOW GOD DAMN IT, TO HELL WITH THE DOCUMENTATION....

Unless you've accurately modeled all of the systems with clickable switches :-)

oh wait is Arma2. FECK!

my prediction... Sunday, As you released the Merlin on a Sunday as well. Really really looking forward to this.

Edited by CannonousCrash