Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

There is a couple of annouced projects that isnt on that list. Any chance of an update on those??

Hawks

Seaking

C130

Gripen

Also the cargo system isnt on the list anymore. Is it on standby or dropped??

GR4s and F3s are millllles away :-(

However your shopping list is immense, Hopefully you'll get them all out before BIS decide to create a new 'standalone expansion' whereby everyone in the community moves to immediately and drops the previous version :-/

Im glad to see you havent dropped A2 like some other 'mod' out there.

As a pure guess for you're special projects, I'm thinking that either a Hawk200 is on the way or possible go for the old age favourite of a Bulldog (had a lot of fun in one of those), but theres 3 specials, so would be nice to see a tucano, Unless you're going to create the JSF, or possible an A400m.. WAit oh shit i forgot about the C-17, That would be nice :-)

Gonna go try the EF2000 now, I had a powercut about 20 minutes after downloading last night!

Rock, I am absolutly stunned. This has to be a contender for mod of the year or something. The detail is amazing! You can really tell how much effort there is on this Aircraft, and even on the minor details it is visible.

Oh, and in the event that ACE does screw this mod up, I will almost certainly brave the Fanboys to ask if THEY can be compatable with RKSL! Im not one to go back on my word!

Edited by Hellfire257

Absolutely outstanding Rock.... Congrats to the whole team... One little mistake though ;P

In the manual you have air to ground ROCKETS where it should be the first part of the air to ground MISSILE H.U.D explanation .......

Anyway great job guys cant stop looking at how gorgeous this is..... You've certainly raised the bar again...

btw when i can expect the Cessna 172 plane ?

Bollocks i forgot about that. Probably after the Lynx and Puma upgrade at this rate. It needs quite a lot of work but i'll try and get it out asap. :o

There is a couple of annouced projects that isnt on that list. Any chance of an update on those??

Hawks

Seaking

C130

Gripen

Also the cargo system isnt on the list anymore. Is it on standby or dropped??

The Hawks is one of those projects that i really want to finish, but its proving hard to do. As much as they look close to finishing in the pics, they arent. They really need a serious upgrade. They are planned for part of the Ilhas Africanos projects but right now thats having to take a back seat for various reasons.

The Seakings (generation 2/3) are technically not too far from release right now. But i have a dilema. They require some concentrated effort to get up to spec. But I am going to replace the ArmA1/VBS2 era models with a new 'Gen4' model. The new model has the same sort of features as the Latest Merlin without any of the contractual issues of the previous models (they are the ones in VBS2 so have "issues" attached). I'm not that keen on devleoping two builds of the same type its a waste of time. So its probably safer to say they are "over the project horizon" right now.

C-130 and the Cargo System are very much tied together. I'll be honest, not much has happened to the C-130 in the last year. Its been unwrapped and remapped but that's about it. Without the cargo system it seemed a bit of a pointless aircraft. Nothing more than set decoration in my opinion.

But recently UNN and I have been discussing revisiting the Cargo system. It died the death in ArmA2 since to have the system working properly meant almost a total rewrite of the scripts. Something that was a lot of effort. And with so many other projects and so little time we moved on to other things. Now the time and game engine seem right to revisit it. UNN is looking into it so both projects may still live again.

Gripen and the Typhoon are also tied together. The systems developed for the EuroFighter also helped the development of the Gripen. Its probably safer to say the Gripen is a longer term project and not a priority one. I had hoped to finish it a long time ago but various other things stopped it dead. But I did manage to recruit a texture artist for it and his work schedule is a defining factor in it development so I need to go shake his tree before i make any promises.

cessna with target towing? hmmmmmmmmm...... :P

simple enough attachto command would do with any plane really

GR4s and F3s are millllles away :-(

They aren't as far as you might think. A lot is happening atm.

However your shopping list is immense, Hopefully you'll get them all out before BIS decide to create a new 'standalone expansion' whereby everyone in the community moves to immediately and drops the previous version :-/

Im glad to see you havent dropped A2 like some other 'mod' out there.

Well we could have just jumped over to Combined Operations. We could never have gone "arrowhead only" i have too many projects that tie into A2 to do that.

But the main reason is that I didn't think it was fair. I know a lot of people wanted the Typhoon and not everyone had OA yet. And it is possible to add the full gamut of OA's features and still be backward compatible it seemed rather rude to do it.

As a pure guess for you're special projects, I'm thinking that either a Hawk200 is on the way or possible go for the old age favourite of a Bulldog (had a lot of fun in one of those), but theres 3 specials, so would be nice to see a tucano, Unless you're going to create the JSF, or possible an A400m.. WAit oh shit i forgot about the C-17, That would be nice :-)...

We do have an F-35B but thats not it. All the transports have the same issues as the C-130, without that cargo system they are a bit pointless to me.

Anyway you are miles off with your guesses for #1-5. :cool:

cessna with target towing? hmmmmmmmmm...... :P

simple enough attachto command would do with any plane really

Couldn't you just shoot the Cessna? :D

I'm not sure attachto would have the desired result. the moment you attach anything to another the "client" loses its properties. So all the geometry/collision detection goes out the window. So you would probably be better shooting the Cessna. :;)

ok ok so im miles off, so im guessing they're not aircraft.. Any hints?

Are they within the UK armed forces?

HMS ocean would be nice :-D

Ooooh my guess...New Queen Elizabeth class carrier?

Hmmm Looking forward to the harriers and updated choppers..

Hey Rock when you release your first OPFOR Aircraft? i know its a stupid question......lol

Hey Rock when you release your first OPFOR Aircraft? i know its a stupid question......lol

I think you already know the answer :D

On the count of 3.

"WHEN ITS DONE!" :yay:

I think I'm most looking forward to the AH64 and the harriers because if there anything like the quality of the Typhoon they're going to beat BIS's attempt hands down. Although still cant wait for the lynxs and pumas. Also just a question about the flares, is there a way to activate them manually in the typhoon with arrowhead because I've been having a couple a goes in it and it seems it doesn't shoot off enough flares to divert many missiles at all and it may be down to my bad flying but I'm sure there was a way to do it before arrowhead...

... Also just a question about the flares, is there a way to activate them manually in the typhoon with arrowhead because I've been having a couple a goes in it and it seems it doesn't shoot off enough flares to divert many missiles at all and it may be down to my bad flying but I'm sure there was a way to do it before arrowhead...

To configure a specific key to launch flares, use the in game control options to define the key for User Action 20.

At the main menu Ingame goto:

Options > Controls.

At the selection screen click the drop down box and goto "custom controls". Scroll down to Action 20 and press a spare key of your choosing. (Default Arrowhead flares are "R")

This can then be mapped to a programable joystick/game pad etc

flarekeyconfig.jpg

Couldn't you just shoot the Cessna? :D

I'm not sure attachto would have the desired result. the moment you attach anything to another the "client" loses its properties. So all the geometry/collision detection goes out the window. So you would probably be better shooting the Cessna. :;)

ah well then :)

yea the cessna would do so :P

1. *Special Project #1*
  2. *Special Project #2*
  3. *Special Project #3*

Taranis? Lot of other UAVs on the list.

I expect though that these 3 are related to Africanos.

Looking forward to it all mate; Tonka 4s, Harriers and WAHpache especially.

Tonka 4s, Harriers and WAHpache especially.

Ditto, especially after trying the Typhoon! It'll be nice to share the workload in the Tornados too.

I think you already know the answer :D

On the count of 3.

"WHEN ITS DONE!" :yay:

lol Rock youre funny!

i guess 1.MIG-29 2.SU-35 BM 3.??????? :D

This is the best aircraft released for Arma2! Thanks for all the effort you guys have put into this.

Rock,

How's the Airbus A400M coming along? I check your webpage out every now and then to find out about the A400M and the BAe Harrier GR7 & GR9.

If Rock's A400M is anything like the real one we could get it late and have to pay for the privilege of having it;)

Just been playing around with the Tiffy Rock and there seems to be game crashes when engaging certain units, e.g. BRDM-2 with CRV-7 HEDP/Mauser/PWII or the Mi-8TV Medevac with the Mauser. Just a freeze and the only way to get out of it is to press 'esc' to go back to desktop.

This is on the Helmand Valley map running Combined Operations so that may be the problem but I see no reason why the game should crash just by engaging targets.

All said and done though, it does at last feel like a proper aircraft with proper handling. The BIS models all feel light but with mushy steering.

Edit: Bugger, wrong thread:o

Edited by -Eddie-

If Rock's A400M is anything like the real one we could get it late and have to pay for the privilege of having it;)

Its some way off.

Just been playing around with the Tiffy Rock and there seems to be game crashes when engaging certain units, e.g. BRDM-2 with CRV-7 HEDP/Mauser/PWII or the Mi-8TV Medevac with the Mauser. Just a freeze and the only way to get out of it is to press 'esc' to go back to desktop.

This is on the Helmand Valley map running Combined Operations so that may be the problem but I see no reason why the game should crash just by engaging targets.

I suspect its down to your map. We haven't tried on Helmand Valley but if I remember correctly it uses CAA. That will probably be the problem. A clash between the two classes.

If you can get the same crash with the stock game and the Typhoon then its our fault but i seriously doubt it. We've done a lot of play testing on the proper A2 and other custom maps and no one else had any crashes in testing.

Rock,

How's the Airbus A400M coming along? I check your webpage out every now and then to find out about the A400M and the BAe Harrier GR7 & GR9.

A400M is a very long way off. It needs a lot of work, work which i'm not even going to consider until the cargo system makes a reappearance.

The Harrier is getting updated atm.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

*Special Project #1* VC 10 C1K AAR

Need something to use the Typhoon Inflight Refueling Probe with

*Special Project #2* Invincible Class or Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier

For the Harriers

*Special Project #3* HMS Ocean

For the Merlin, Sea King and Lynx

A fourth guess could also be the Sentinel R1/ASTOR

My guesses :P

Any plans for GPS guided bombs in next update of the air weapons pack along with a update of to 8 grids for the BIS maps??

About the dumb bombs and them being guided. Dont know if this is possible. But can it be scripted so they as standard are not guided. But if you want them to be guided (if you as example want a Ai pilot) you could write a line in the init field and they will become guided on that plane (or in other words useable for ai)???

Edited by dkraver

*Special Project #1* VC 10 C1K AAR

Need something to use the Typhoon Inflight Refueling Probe with

*Special Project #2* Invincible Class or Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier

For the Harriers

*Special Project #3* HMS Ocean

For the Merlin, Sea King and Lynx

A fourth guess could also be the Sentinel R1/ASTOR

My guesses :P

Aw c'mon guys you are just reading off the RKSL project lists... :p Better Guesses

Any plans for GPS guided bombs in next update of the air weapons pack along with a update of to 8 grids for the BIS maps??

About the dumb bombs and them being guided. Dont know if this is possible. But can it be scripted so they as standard are not guided. But if you want them to be guided (if you as example want a Ai pilot) you could write a line in the init field and they will become guided on that plane (or in other words useable for ai)???

The next update to the Air Weapons pack won't be anything fancy. Some texture changes, a few new weapons and config tweaks. But nothing too serious. Now the one after... :butbut:

RE The unguided bombs. Im not going script them at all. But i am planning on changing them. They will still be guided-ish... they will be "dumbed down" a lot, making them less manoeuvrable so you will need to line up properly but this will affect AI use so its always going to be a trade off.