Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Do you happen to have any plans to do a Hawk 127 Rock? I know its a bit of extra work but model wise its just a nose change and possibly a new cockpit? I'm asking this because I was planning on making one myself but I gave up knowing you would make one and I don't see any point in myself making one when its going to be like a fresh dog dropping compared to anything you make :P

There is a 100 series Hawk model in WIP, but its not a priority atm anything past the first 10 projects isnt even seriously in contention right now.

rock id like to say the new dlc 4 OA looks crap compared to your work.

RKSL till i die

LMAO, please dont get a Tatoo with that :D

LOL...that sort of affirmation is just a big and free kiss ass, and that just for the sake of it..even if it was true

Hey don't knock the fans! You are only jealous :p

Not sure where the comparison is there fighter.

Its fairly certain that when the dlc comes out it will probably better than anything thats available within the community.

Don't bet on it. Textures maybe prettier right now but the WIP stuff I've seen in recent weeks/months etc is very impressive, more technically accurate and i personally beleive, far more interesting than the DLC content announced so far.

BUT, i think i heard rock is creating a warrior, which no doubt will be better than the DLC, and when UKF release their weapons, im sure they will be much better than the weapons in the DLC. anyway, sorry to OffT

I am going to arm the Ilhas Africanos Goverment with the RKSL Warrior IFV's. But to be honest I suspect the new UKF model will be far better than mine.

In answer to the ongoing DLC vs Community content debate:

This new DLC pack changes nothing for me. RKSL will still make the UK content as well as some of the non-UK content we have always made. The goal is still the same. to make the best , most accurate models we can with the most interesting and practical features we can. I imagine the same applies to the other UK teams.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

i wont get a tattoo but still your work is the best for me community or stock made.

btw few people have being saying that rksl has being helping out with DLC by providing models and stuff are u

i wont get a tattoo but still your work is the best for me community or stock made.

btw few people have being saying that rksl has being helping out with DLC by providing models and stuff are u

Thanks for the compliment and support.

As i've said in other threads. RKSL has absolutely no involvment with the BAF DLC pack.

In answer to the ongoing DLC vs Community content debate:

This new DLC pack changes nothing for me. RKSL will still make the UK content as well as some of the non-UK content we have alwasy made. The goal is still the same. to make the best , most accurate models we can with the most interesting and practical features we can. I imagine the same applies to the other UK teams.

Yeah i figured as much, Even if the DLC was the entire and complete UK armed forces, Im sure you'd still carry on :-)

EDIT: As you just mentioned, what is BAF? ive heard it but no idea, presumably its the DLC team

Yeah i figured as much, Even if the DLC was the entire and complete UK armed forces, Im sure you'd still carry on :-)

EDIT: As you just mentioned, what is BAF? ive heard it but no idea, presumably its the DLC team

BAF = British Armed Forces DLC pack

It stands for British Armed Forces. ;)

EDIT: Damn rock beat me by a couple of seconds :P

It stands for British Armed Forces. ;)

we should a community noob award...

Edit.. 2 hours later...

'we should HAVE a community noob award'

FFS

Edited by CannonousCrash

Im not moving anywhere because of the DLC. Im still gonna sit here every day and wait for the next picture of something you are gonna release. And after that im still gonna sit here every day and wait for it to be released ;)

Im not moving anywhere because of the DLC. Im still gonna sit here every day and wait for the next picture of something you are gonna release. And after that im still gonna sit here every day and wait for it to be released ;)

same here

I agree. Although BIS' models look to be good, their accuracy is a bit off, which does sort of detract from the authenticity of it all.

Im not sure. Model-wise the community-made addons were indeed often superior compared to the BIS-ones.

But in ArmA II the biggest obstacle is no longer the model, but the texture. And so far, in all honesty, only the BMD 2 by the "Red Hammer" studios can compete with the original BIS vehicles.

All other vehicles, even by such high skilled teams as the BWMod, just look inferior ingame because of the textures.

Im not sure. Model-wise the community-made addons were indeed often superior compared to the BIS-ones.

But in ArmA II the biggest obstacle is no longer the model, but the texture. And so far, in all honesty, only the BMD 2 by the "Red Hammer" studios can compete with the original BIS vehicles.

All other vehicles, even by such high skilled teams as the BWMod, just look inferior ingame because of the textures.

Textures have always been tricky. Getting a good consistent quality to match the latest BIS artists and environments is hard. Getting a model to "blend" into all environments is really hard and with BIS' latest round of textures in OA the bar just got higher. So you need to give us addon makers time to catch up.

So Rock, is your Warrior going to be as it is 'today'? WRAP2 armour (even though it'll make jack difference with hitpoints), bar armour, ballistic glass for the commander and gunners' hatches, same turret and cannon?

Just curious:p

So Rock, is your Warrior going to be as it is 'today'? WRAP2 armour (even though it'll make jack difference with hitpoints), bar armour, ballistic glass for the commander and gunners' hatches, same turret and cannon?

Just curious:p

To be honest Im not sure. I doubt it will be WRAP2. I'm going to leave the British version to the UKF guys. They will probably do a far better job than me.

And without wanting to give too much away of the planned Ilhas Africanos story line the IA Government Warriors will be a bit beaten up and outdated so it wouldn't make too much sense to give them the latest high tech wizardry.

So its probably bar armour with the Up armoured kit that predates the WRAP2. From what i've read its unlikely an export customer would have the latest armour and ECM stuff so it kinda fits with the "run down" theme I'd like for the IA government.

And technically, we are discussing a possible method of simulating practical bar and Appliqué armour. We have a theory but we've not had chance to develop it yet.

Aaaah, nice. Didn't realise you were making the OpFor Warrior and not the BluFor one.

And I'll be very interested to see how you make the bar armour close to real. I think I read all the OA Stryker's did was have extra hit points to simulate bar armour, which is a huge cheat to me.

And without wanting to give too much away of the planned Ilhas Africanos story line the IA Government Warriors will be a bit beaten up and outdated so it wouldn't make too much sense to give them the latest high tech wizardry.

They're not doing too bad; they've got the BGTI and Bowman upgrades from the looks. Must have sent them to Donnington at some point ;)

Aaaah, nice. Didn't realise you were making the OpFor Warrior and not the BluFor one.

No its not OPFOR. It will still be BLUFOR just not in UK colours. The planned IA story line will be that a small African Federation with strong ties to the EU asks for support with an insurgency. And the logical extensions of that story is pretty simple... like i said i dont want to give too much away right now.

But they will be equipped largely with outdated and "dontated" equipment from various sources. I dont want them to be a particulary strong force (if they were why would they need the EU) but they will have some familar Soviet era and 90's Western kit mix.

Im trying to sort the public website out this next week so there shoudl be more info very soon.

And I'll be very interested to see how you make the bar armour close to real. I think I read all the OA Stryker's did was have extra hit points to simulate bar armour, which is a huge cheat to me.

I don't know if we can make it "real" but we might be able to make something more "realistic". We'll see.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

They're not doing too bad; they've got the BGTI and Bowman upgrades from the looks. Must have sent them to Donnington at some point ;)

LMAO ok busted....

This is what ive used as ref.

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/dan_hay/warrior/

In my defence the conflict is set in 2017 (excuse to have the latest UK toys and still have some of the older ones kicking around) so by that time it may not seem so high tech. And it seems a shame not to take advantage of the OA engine TI capabilities when they work so nicely...

Edited by RKSL-Rock

LMAO ok busted....

This is what ive used as ref.

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/dan_hay/warrior/

In my defence the conflict is set in 2017 (excuse to have the latest UK toys and still have some of the older ones kicking around) so byt that time it may not seem so high tech. And it seems a shame not to take advantage of the OA engine TI capabilities when they work so nicely...

That's pretty fair to be honest. WCSP will hopefully be in swing by then so there will likely be some surplus vehicles out of the ones we're not fitting the new turret to or converting to Battlefield Support Vehicles.

There are already loads of OPV and BCV variants of the Warrior that we don't need, and as Artillery and Heavy Cav will probably be cut down again by the SDR; more will become available.

Hi all.

I would like to ask, what are the latest news about the RKSL Cargo system?

One of the most useful addon for ArmA I.

MfG Lee

Hi all.

I would like to ask, what are the latest news about the RKSL Cargo system?

One of the most useful addon for ArmA I.

MfG Lee

Its going to be re-written. Due to changes in the ArmA2 engine a direct port was not possible. But UNN say's he is going to revisit the cargo system in the near future so when we have some news we'll post something.

Thank you for this information.

The cargo system is such an amazing addon, can't wait to support the fighting troops with ammo, vehicles, beer...

MfG Lee :D

hi rock will the camera system be released with the uavs or will they just use the bis system.

this is the one im talking about:

hi rock will the camera system be released with the uavs or will they just use the bis system.

this is the one im talking about:

Yes the big UAV's will use a new turret system derived from that addon. The small Desert Hawk I and IIIs will use the BIS system initially.

BIG UAVs:

MQ9 Reaper

Hermes 450/WK450

Watchkeeper 460

Mini UAVs:

Desert Hawk I and III

RQ-11 Raven

BIS have nerfed the fixed wing UAV module so you cant change height and speed so there is little point using the big UAV's withthe stock module. They are just too vulnerable flying at 100m. :eek: