Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Rock am I right to think that camera system is the basis of the targetting pod you have on the typhoon? Never seen that video until now, looks fantastic.

Rock am I right to think that camera system is the basis of the targetting pod you have on the typhoon? Never seen that video until now, looks fantastic.

Yes but eventually it will be a whole lot more too :)

are u going to be putting the weapons on the MQ9 reaper such as the hellfire

are u going to be putting the weapons on the MQ9 reaper such as the hellfire

Hellfire and Paveway IV. :D

A question about one of the special projects

Which role will the yak-40 have?? VIP/government plane or ???

I just curious since i dont see that many roles for it?

A question about one of the special projects

Which role will the yak-40 have?? VIP/government plane or ???

I just curious since i dont see that many roles for it?

Well its got several possible roles in game. VIP Transport was one, Short range/Regional airliner another. Which to be honest is enough for me to make it. I wanted something small an unusual for the Africanos project.

But Soul Assassin (the Yak is a joint Project) and I want to also make it an open project that people can learn from it. The MLODs will be made available and Im going to use it as the basis of some tutorials (animations, flight model, configs etc). So it does have a rather important role.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Ahh oki thats the reason :) Couldnt figure out why it wasnt a plane that had cargo/ parachute drop capabilities.

Dont know how far along you are in the project. But have you thought about a AN-72.

Its also used as a airliner and vip transport. But can also be used as cargo and airdrops. But then again i might be a bit to special if its also going to be used for people to learn from.

Any chance of an Flight instruments or rather creating 'em tutorial?

Something a bit ... different

We've had a pretty overwhelming response to the Typhoon release that quite honestly surprised me. In a good way of course. But some of the few criticisms has been the "unbalancing" of the game. Basically, "the Typhoon is so well armed its not fair". So the I've been left with a dilemma "what do you need to counter a Typhoon?"

Answer: Another Typhoon of course!

Ok, ok that's really just an excuse but when we released the Typhoon our friends wanted to fly Typhoon vs Typhoon so we made a REDFOR config version. Now I've added some proper skins...

rksl_typhoon_redfor_2_th.jpg

rksl_typhoon_redfor_1_th.jpg

rksl_typhoon_redfor_3_th.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: The REDFOR pack came about purely as a requirement for a Typhoon vs. Typhoon MP game. I am very aware of the irony of this, especially since I've spent an hour or so today bleating about realism on the British DLC thread but It's not intended as realistic portrayal of any unit or Typhoon at all. Its just to fulfil a role in game mode.

Typhoon Update:

Work continues on the Typhoon. I've been fixing bugs and adding new features and working on the textures. But it has thrown up a few issues so I've restructured the PBOs a bit. We now have a 'silent' core Typhoon PBO. By silent I mean this file wont add anything to the editor lists without a plugin PBO. These plugins will be either released by us or you can make your own from the template we will provide. So the file structure looks like this now:

• rksl-typhoon.pbo - Core PBO

• rksl-typhoon-raf.pbo - UK RAF Plugin & textures

• rksl-typhoon-de.pbo - German Lutwaffe Plugin & textures

• rksl-typhoon-at.pbo - Austrian Airforce Plugin & textures

• rksl-typhoon-es.pbo - Spanish Airforce Plugin & textures

• rksl-typhoon-it.pbo - Italian Airforce Plugin & textures

• rksl-typhoon-saudi.pbo - Saudi Arabian Airforce Plugin & textures (no need for it i just like the paint scheme)

• rksl-typhoon-red.pbo - REDFOR Plugin & textures

For the record: On the issue of National variations.

Some nations have only bought the lower spec F2 variant and won't be upgrading their aircraft to the full FGR4 spec. Which while there isn't much difference externally (no PIRATE IRST and no towed Radar Decoys on some early airframes) there is a difference in real world capabilities. And some of the people I've spoken to from those nationalities get a bit "defensive" about the lack of A-G capability. And I've had some abuse from people about reducing these capabilities so in the interest of reducing the hatemail i've caved and everyone is getting a free upgrade to FGR4 standard whether they like it or not.

Priorities:

As a result of the Typhoon feedback we've had another look at project priorities. Simply put, the lack of a decent OPFOR multirole aircraft has meant that the Mig-29 is now sharing space with the Harrier. Currently no leader is apparent but don't be surprised if the a Mig appears earlier than expected.

Ahh oki thats the reason Couldnt figure out why it wasnt a plane that had cargo/ parachute drop capabilities.

Dont know how far along you are in the project. But have you thought about a AN-72.

Its also used as a airliner and vip transport. But can also be used as cargo and airdrops. But then again i might be a bit to special if its also going to be used for people to learn from.

The Yak40 is getting made no matter what! And I did consider the An-72 but it just seemed wrong for the project I had in mind.

Any chance of an Flight instruments or rather creating 'em tutorial?

I'm not sure I understand what you want? If its a tutorial for setting up flight instruments then sure. Its all part of the plan. i was going through the build documenting each step.... well not the whole actual model creation part but the key areas.

• Setting up the ref images
  • Placing and manipulating vertices
  • Creating faces
  • Carving windows and doors etc.
  • Model.cfg and animations
  • Unwrapping in O2
  • Configs
  • Flight model Setup

Edited by RKSL-Rock

This is totally win.

I love the Ukrainian & Russian style of aircraft paint schemes that you show your Typhoon donning. And it is on such a beautiful model that reeks of quality already!

Looks great Rock. Cant wait to try them in a dog fight. Its almost to easy killing SU-35 atm :D

Opfor camo is t3h sex....

Yeah those are basically exactly the kind of tutorials I was interested in.... Cheers to the team for all your hard work..... Any chance of some new screenies of the harriers? *Puppy eyes*

Oh yeah and did the Harriers carry gunpods..

Cheers all at RKSL \m/

RKSL studio website crashes firefox for me, is this the same for others ?

edit:

tried chrome, works. nevermind

Edited by Fox '09

Works fine for me (FF 3.6.8) although some links from the first post lead to a 404.

Myke;1708331']Works fine for me (FF 3.6.8) although some links from the first post lead to a 404.

Would you mind telling me which ones? I cant find any in IE8, FF 3.6.8 or Safari 5.0.1

Would you mind telling me which ones? I cant find any in IE8, FF 3.6.8 or Safari 5.0.1

I also get a Error 404, all the links in the 1st post apart from the Tornado GR4, both Merlins, Puma's and the Hawks.

Also in your 1st post you said you will release the seaking anyway as its textured and modeled? Are you still going through with that plan? :p

Edited by konyo

Sure mate, left the name of the link, right what i've got:

Typhoon F2 link = 404 not found

Tornado GR4 = Dynamic Rotor System

Harrier GR7 & 9 = 404 not found

Hawk T1 = Turrets on planes

Hawk T2 = Cargo system

C-130J = 404 not found

Seaking HAR.3 = 404 not found

Merlin HC3 = Fire Control Script System

Merlin HC3A = Fire Control Script System

Puma HC1 = Turrets on planes

MQ9 Reaper = 404 not found

Hermes WK450 UAV = 404 not found

Seaking (both version links) = 404 not found

Merlin HM1 = Turrets on planes

Lynx HAS3 = Fire Control Script System

Lynx HMA8 = Merlin HC3

Lynx AH7 & AH9 = Puma HC1

Apache AH1 = 404 not found

Rapier FSC = 404 not found

UK Air weapons pack = 404 not found

release schedule link works correctly "when it's done".

International Projects = 404 not found

Saab JAS 39C = 404 not found

PM link = Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

email = RKSL "contact us" site, correctly

Checked all links now, if there is something more i can do/try for you, let me know

I also get a Error 404, all the links in the 1st post apart from the Tornado GR4, both Merlins, Puma's and the Hawks.

Also in your 1st post you said you will release the seaking anyway as its textured and modeled? Are you still going through with that plan?

Oh so we are talking about the first post in this thread not the RKSL website then. I cant do anything about those links since the account that created them is not the same as the one im using now.

No the current Seakings will not be released. Actually you might as well forget about anything related to VBS2 builds. Or other models derived from my commercial models. Since its now possible to mlod anything and everything without thought for the EULA or License I'm having to reconsider all the planned RKSL releases.

@ Myke thanks but since Fox said:

RKSL studio website crashes firefox for me' date=' is this the same for others ?[/quote']

I assumed you meant the website not this forum thread.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

The RKSL Website just works fine for me with Firefox as already described above. Also wrote the the links in the first post led me to a 404. ;)

No the current Seakings will not be released. Actually you might as well forget about anything related to VBS2 builds. Or other models derived from my commercial models. Since its now possible to mlod anything and everything without thought for the EULA or License I'm having to reconsider all the planned RKSL releases.

Ohh that a shame, those babys look amazing. Especialy the RAF Rescue in yellow :D

that's a shame :(

but it has always been possible to 'rip' models from any game, so long as it uses DirectX. I suppose MLODs make the process 'easier'

anyway, good luck on the stuff!

Ohh that a shame, those babys look amazing. Especialy the RAF Rescue in yellow :D

Yeah was really looking forward to the seaking. The rescue one gave me hundreds of ideas for some missions :p