Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Because countless hours have been spent to turn the models into super addons, that cannot be release anymore.

oh right, the models are just a part of the addon, hadnt thought of that

that's why I wear the long trousers, well except when it's warm like today.

Oh God! Please say your not wearing short shorts! :P

Have to agree with Mark XIII, thanks for all the hard work Rock, will always look forward to anything you plan to release in the future if you do choose to remake any of the models.

Thanks for all you're hard work Rock, too bad about the thievery of your models and having to cancel releasing them; but making a living and not having your work stolen is more important than giving unappreciative (Some) people free shit.

If you find out where the person or people responsible live, let me know and I'll gladly throw rotten fruit at them.

ps re you releasing the typhoon skins soon? Having too much fun shooting Iranian f14s out of the sky with the yer Typhoons, want a bit more of a challenge see.

Rotten fruit is too good for people who thieve free content and then sell it. Give me names and addresses and I will arrange for the community's problem to go away. Then we can all go back to eagerly anticipating the next awesome RKSL release.

I completely understand why you have taken the position you have Rock even though I wish you hadn't (for purely selfish reasons). You may find that your work has some protection through the new Digital Economy Act which contains clauses specifically empowering copyright owners to petition ISPs to disconnect offending subscribers and even for the government to block websites distributing offending content. I've spent quite a lot of time writing to various bits of the government about the negatives of this law that I have a pretty good idea about the potential positives. PM me for further info if you like.

RKSL, I love your work. The Typhoon was so sick it qualified as fatally ill. The potential loss of your future addons has diminished the community as a whole and I hope the person responsible for the public release of the tool in question is proud of themselves.

Thanks for the support guys. UNN and I really appreciate it.

ps re you releasing the typhoon skins soon? Having too much fun shooting Iranian f14s out of the sky with the yer Typhoons, want a bit more of a challenge see.

The new skins will come out with the new Typhoon update. They are dependant on the update because of the hidden selection weren't set up correctly.

And the update is going a bit slowly but its quite significant.

• Flight model - Reduction in roll rate and top speed. The changes were necessary because the AI were unable to engage at high speeds. By reducing the max speed means they are now far more able to attack both air and ground targets. But this has very little impact on the human players. The Afterburner compensates nicely though.
  • Improved HUD - Slightly reworked and decluttered.
  • PIRATE IRST screen now displays all targets.
  • MFDs now display practical information rather than static pictures
  • Crew Ladder added
  • Brake chute detaches over a certain speed once deployed.
  • Some Texture changes.
  • RVMATs now reworked
  • PBO now split into a core addon and then separate national addons

• - Royal Air Force - every UK squadron is now represented.

• - German Luftwaffe etc

Still to do

• New Destroyed model
  • New Damage RVMATs
  • Aircraft breaks up when destroyed.
  • Localisation for supported languages
  • proper string table support for languages.
  • Spanish Versions - anyone willing to translate some thing for me PM me please
  • Italian Versions - anyone willing to translate some thing for me PM me please

And of course the weapons pack is still growing and the values need tweaking and testing.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

sounds like a beast. Just out of curiosity, why is it when I put opfor pilots into empty typhoons pilot seat in the editor they end up flying everywhere barrel rolling? I have no idea if this to do with just the typhoon addon or not, haven't tried it with other aircraft.

sounds like a beast. Just out of curiosity, why is it when I put opfor pilots into empty typhoons pilot seat in the editor they end up flying everywhere barrel rolling? I have no idea if this to do with just the typhoon addon or not, haven't tried it with other aircraft.

Its down to the Flight model. The AI cant cope with something this fast or agile. In the later versions they are a lot more capabable.

You can try setting their speed to "normal" via a waypoint. At which point they cope a lot better.

These are all great new features and really glad to see this thread return to these kind of discussions. Love your work on the Typhon! Really looking forward to a German Version.

Thanks

- Royal Air Force - every UK squadron is now represented.

1435 Flight markings? Or have the removed them again?

1435 Flight markings? Or have the removed them again?

Yup. Although they are in a separte pbo... part of a special project. :cool:

Basically they have nothing else on them but the Flight's logo/crest on the fin.

You said first you make austrian airforce too? i hope.

Yes, and the Saudis.

Awesome, it's just that I'd read that they had to repaint them a few times with different markings because the powers that be weren't happy with how it looked, or they were unhappy with the size and/or position of the design on the fin. Wondered if they'd given up completely and decided not to put any markings on them.

IIRC the original design (around this time last ear) had a white shield charged with a red Maltese cross typical of the design on most Typhoon fins, but it was removed before they even left the UK.

Last one I saw them carry was the red Maltese cross charged with a peregrine falcon like the Tonkas had.

Awesome, it's just that I'd read that they had to repaint them a few times with different markings because the powers that be weren't happy with how it looked, or they were unhappy with the size and/or position of the design on the fin. Wondered if they'd given up completely and decided not to put any markings on them.

IIRC the original design (around this time last ear) had a white shield charged with a red Maltese cross typical of the design on most Typhoon fins, but it was removed before they even left the UK.

Last one I saw them carry was the red Maltese cross charged with a peregrine falcon like the Tonkas had.

This is the one ive used for reference.

906.jpg

Article here : http://www.key.aero/view_feature.asp?ID=43&thisSection=military

Awesome, it's just that I'd read that they had to repaint them a few times with different markings because the powers that be weren't happy with how it looked, or they were unhappy with the size and/or position of the design on the fin.

Because in these cash-strapped times, having upper-MoD-management make the sqn repaint their aircraft over and over again is certainly a valid way to spend money... FPDR

Because in these cash-strapped times, having upper-MoD-management make the sqn repaint their aircraft over and over again is certainly a valid way to spend money... FPDR

I imagine it was the unit, or at most RAF who took issue with it, rather than the MoD.

My experience with the armed forces is that it's at a unit level that they get finicky about insignia and dress regulations. The MoD for the most part seems happy to paint everything completely green or grey and just stick some alphanumerics on it - its the cheapest solution and makes it easier when they inevitably amalgamate the units holding the kit. :rolleyes:

At least my lot can't really be arsed painting rats, saltires, knots, dragons and all that stuff onto land vehicles when we've finished painting it green (or tan).

In the case of 1435 Flight's Typhoons though it'd only ever effect four aircraft - hardly breaking the bank repainting them a few times, and I'm sure it passes the time out there in the South Atlantic. :)

looking good rock

It almost looks real, doesn't it?

:p

^^ it's a bloody PICTURE fighterman !
Dont be to harsh on him I had to do a double take before I realized it was actually a picture. RKSL's work is so good it looks life like. ;)

RKSL is now part of PH - Project Hilarity. Bringing high quality addons to ANYONE who wants them.

rock i didnt see them UAVS on the list so whats wip on them at the moment

UAVs are still live. UNN is working on something very special for them right now. Once we've tested that we will be releasing some very nice toys.:D