Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

I THINK that CM changes the USMC from woodland to desert marpat

oddly enough its kind of hard to tell. you know there is a problem in the lighting engine when its hard to tell if they are in woodland or desert uniforms....

They have ridiculous color correction in.

From my observation of the pictures the game looks either too brown, too blue or too red. I remember there was a review talking about this too.

It should have been called "Warfare : Dragon Rising" or something to that effect - End of confusion!

I'm annoyed that they are using the name OFP to gain sales and call it the successor to OFP.

their failure is heading into the Epic Zone.

voted No, I definitely won't buy it.

That is exactly how I would describe the BIS mods as well..

Then you clearly have no idea about the mods at DR forums. It's like 12 year old fanboys that ban people if they don't agree with them and join them praising the game.

It looks like they've given the game a movie look over a real world appearence

even nighttime has that shot in the nuit américaine style like some movies do

shooting in the day and applying blue filters to give an appearence of night.

The soldiers hands and mussle flash in Arma II look horrible

so we can't complaint complain about OFP2 too much

but yes, the overall look of soldiers is worse.

Funny picture post on CM

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5647031&postcount=10

Edited by jblackrupert

OFP 2 DR is too secret yet, they haven't published models list and etc

flashlight, laser, thermal vision looks promissing but main question is how modable it will be

are tools will be first day and etc.

for me it is too CoD'ish i would prefer old OFP style :)

and in the CM forum there are people moaning that we here (BIS forums) are outdated players who want bring past back

yes :D i love old orginal OFP and i don't care about CoDs :D

if OFP DR will be competition for CoD5, 6... i don't care :]

i care about things like we have here in OFP/A1/A2 community

yet i don't see list of weapons and vehicles of DR neither modability features

O

but main question is how modable it will be

are tools will be first day and etc.

It is already stated that there will be no mod support. Because it's a console game and mods could drive away DLC sales.

It is already stated that there will be no mod support. Because it's a console game and mods could drive away DLC sales.

than big f*** CM OF2DR ! :D :D :D

shame that they use Operation Flashpoint title, which is the greatest title ever

Source? Quote? I remember having heard something similar, though, iirc, it has only been something like "there will no modding tools be released with the game".

Any-how, that's how rumours emerge - one reads "No modding tools are shipped on release" in an interview, the next only remembers "no modding tools" and then comes along Leopardi, claiming that OFP/DR will not support mods at all...

The thing I read was that the Community Manager was unable to specify "when, if there will be any, will the modding tool be released", something along these lines. Ie : you won't know until we release them, if we ever release them.

If I remember well, that was BI's stance back in OFP days

Any-how, that's how rumours emerge - one reads "No modding tools are shipped on release" in an interview, the next only remembers "no modding tools" and then comes along Leopardi, claiming that OFP/DR will not support mods at all...

Yeah, it's like Chinese Whispers :). The last official statement I read was that the mod tools won't be available on release day. Everything else is just speculation and misunderstandings.

Devs and publishers really need to watch how they formulate their announcements nowadays, lest people misinterpret their statements and start spreading rumors. Just like the ArmA "1.0x final patch" announcements that turned into "ZOMG last patch evar!!!11!1".

Microsoft doesn't usually allow mods on their X-boxes. They want control over content.

Yes, but there might still be the possibility to mod the PC version.

So far its unconfirmed either way...

actually the last word on dev tools was from Helios who stated "I need to speak to devs who control that part of the game, but they are all on holiday so it will have to wait...."

Don't let Monty hear you, or he'll give you hell about how he knows better because he PMed viper. :don1:

Don't let Monty hear you, or he'll give you hell about how he knows better because he PMed viper. :don1:

haha true that guy wanted to rage me off the forum, uncontrollable anger no idea why.

I wasn't lying, I merely said at that time no mod tools what so ever had been confirmed (otherthan the PC mission editior) and he does his nut.

All devs on holiday before the release? Doesn't sound too good. :D

Not all but those who control that part... but it doesn't sound good either.

It's an excuse.

I wonder what more surprises will be confirmed until the release.

we here (BIS forums) are outdated players who want bring past back

And what is wrong with that? There are many great things about past gaming that excel over modern day, and it is strange that way... In the past we didn't have quite the game play (in most cases minus some special) or graphics we do today yet there is something about computer and video games of that past that have this sparkle.

Perhaps it could be that there was more variety, several years ago you could virtually have anything happening, things didn't have to always make sense to be great. But with today's society so focused on the new and visuals I imagine few have or will not turn their noses up at an opportunity to experience the past.

Laying low somewhere on the Maldives :D

The PCG has a test in the current mag but they didn't but it online... Did anyone buy it?

Edit

Just went into a mag store and noticed that the release date is yet 5 days to go... my fault.

Edited by kavoven

And what is wrong with that? There are many great things about past gaming that excel over modern day, and it is strange that way... In the past we didn't have quite the game play (in most cases minus some special) or graphics we do today yet there is something about computer and video games of that past that have this sparkle.

Perhaps it could be that there was more variety, several years ago you could virtually have anything happening, things didn't have to always make sense to be great. But with today's society so focused on the new and visuals I imagine few have or will not turn their noses up at an opportunity to experience the past.

I know this feeling you all are talking about, how the landscape, buildings and citizens are better visuals (the people need more facial gestures, but meh..), but it still feels detached or empty. Is it possible that the density/complexity of the landscape and buildings does not match the citizenry? Or vice versa? OFP:RES was well balanced in this regard.

On topic: For those who underestimate the need for small details such as the tri-barrel rotating animation, it is exactly that which breathes life, immersion, and depth into a game. In a quiet moment on a patrol, you see a farmer scratch his ass, a cute girl in a car driving past, the rudder on the Cessna move while it's flying in the distance, your teammate look at his gun, a bird lazily circling above::Edit:: forgot to say a dragonfly buzzing around your head, and a leaf or two blowing in the wind ::edit::... And possibly miss an enemy inching out, leaning from around a corner and taking a bead on your teamleader while the rest of them are flanking.

In DR, from statements and gameplay vids, you'll see: *Bang!* *Kapow!* *Flash!* *Zing!!!* Enemy! Enemy! Friendly! Friendly! And rarely, if ever, a moment as described above. No depth of atmosphere to breathe in. It's another type of game alltogether.. Or a larger one that we've seen before.:rolleyes:

Edited by Scrub

This is why I want to get ArmA2. Even if it is to just go in the editor and mess around or take everything in.

That is why OPF:RES is still by my computer now. But some features just can't be added on... Need ArmA2!