FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Argh im going insane i swear. That forum is a joke. The moderators are a joke, Polaris is just cringe worthy, the place is just so depressing. Why do they defend the game like this? I mean... We know there are faults with ARMA2, they are being patched and worked on constantly and its great to know Bohemia are doing something about it. But we dont sit there and straight up deny the faults in the game, they are there, and they are to be fixed, and discussed.

But on the OPFDR forums, you arent allowed to anything that will be interpreted negatively by the camp guar.... sorry moderators, under punishment of censorship and ban. I really feel for the Bohemia guys seeing their name tarnished with this junk.

Please dont feed the troll, this thread has been doing reasonably well recently...

Yeah, it used to be 'Im afraid its going to suck', now it is 'We said so.. :rolleyes:'. :p

Argh im going insane i swear. That forum is a joke. The moderators are a joke, Polaris is just cringe worthy, the place is just so depressing. Why do they defend the game like this? I mean... We know there are faults with ARMA2, they are being patched and worked on constantly and its great to know Bohemia are doing something about it. But we dont sit there and straight up deny the faults in the game, they are there, and they are to be fixed, and discussed.

But on the OPFDR forums, you arent allowed to anything that will be interpreted negatively by the camp guar.... sorry moderators, under punishment of censorship and ban. I really feel for the Bohemia guys seeing their name tarnished with this junk.

Exactly. They are destroying one of the best names in the gaming business with their garbage.

That forum is a joke.

And for that TOOL who thinks people here have a superiority complex, it's got nothing to do with superiority. Most people here will happily admit that A2 has it's problems.

The superiority complex comes from a forum and a group of people who think their game is the best thing since sliced bread and actively silence anyone who disagrees.

Eth

White_Hat knows how to copy paste most of the first paragraph from a Wiki page on the subject anyway, so his/her copy-pasting skills are top notch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_complex

Planck

Go figure!

Thought it fited the crowd!

You guys are so eager looking for a failure of the Codemasters game it´s almost pathetic.

Always thought the ArmA community is mature but its like Junior High here.

I love ArmA2 just played one of the randomly generated Spec Ops missions, but i´m also looking forward for DR since there are not so much tactical realism oriented FPS games out there (Sky Gods and Ground Breach just got canned) so i can play both of them.

Will DR have it´s flaws, you batcha but right now the so called and self appointed "true OPF-fans" are producing as much hot air as the Codies marketing department since the game isn´t released yet, even worse especially this forum reminds me of the Spanish inquisition. Time will tell if DR is poop or a fun game!

I give Codemasters the benifit of the doubt since guys like Magnum from Simhq.com actually played the promo build and liked it.

See you on the ArmA BF then!

Go figure!

Thought it fited the crowd!

You guys are so eager looking for a failure of the Codemasters game it´s almost pathetic.

I love ArmA2 just played one of the randomly generated Spec Ops missions, but i´m also looking forward for DR since there are not so much tactical realism oriented FPS games out there (Sky Gods and Ground Breach just got canned) so i can play both of them.

Will DR have it´s flaws, you batcha but right now the so called and self appointed "true OPF-fans" are producing as much hot air as the Codies marketing department since the game isn´t released yet, even worse especially this forum reminds me of the Spanish inquisition. Time will tell if DR is poop or a fun game!

I give Codemasters the benifit of the doubt since guys like Magnum from Simhq.com actually played the promo build and liked it.

See you on the ArmA BF then!

Actually, until you showed up it was a mature discussion. Go play on the CM forums.

Eth

So you thought the best way to improve the situation was to randomly copy&paste something from Wikipedia?

I have to say I go on here once in a while to hear realistic opinions of what features will be in CM's Flashpoint. Lately all it has turned into a OFPDR bashfest...nothing mature about it at all really.

Anyways, it's all speculation until the demo comes out. Odds are I'm not getting the game because there will be no demo for consoles, and that is the system I wanted to play it on. The mods should redo the poll options given the fact that:

a) There is no demo for consoles

b) The PC demo will be released after launch now

No need to go on a bashing spree, especially if you haven't had first hand experience of the game anyways. The game might be a ton of fun in many ways, I'll never know unless they release a console demo or I get to play at friend's place.

Those of you crying about taking the name needs to just get over it. You really have too much time if it is of any concern of yours. Play the game you like and stop wasting your time bashing a game you aren't getting anyhow....jeez

I have to say I go on here once in a while to hear realistic opinions of what features will be in CM's Flashpoint. Lately all it has turned into a OFPDR bashfest...nothing mature about it at all really.

Anyways, it's all speculation until the demo comes out. Odds are I'm not getting the game because there will be no demo for consoles, and that is the system I wanted to play it on. The mods should redo the poll options given the fact that:

a) There is no demo for consoles

b) The PC demo will be released after launch now

No need to go on a bashing spree, especially if you haven't had first hand experience of the game anyways. The game might be a ton of fun in many ways, I'll never know unless they release a console demo or I get to play at friend's place.

Those of you crying about taking the name needs to just get over it. You really have too much time if it is of any concern of yours. Play the game you like and stop wasting your time bashing a game you aren't getting anyhow....jeez

No need to tell people they have too much time on their hands because they are having a discussion. As far as the use of the name goes, it is a big deal because the original game is very well regarded in the community and obviously DR is not made by the same people and has NOTHING to do with OFP.

Think before you type. If you designed something that was commercially successful and then someone else used the same name to sell something completely unrelated (and not necessarily as good), I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be too happy.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Blatant lie in the first few seconds of this new trailer.

"You're going to see an open world the size of which you've never seen before"

As far as I know, Chernarus is way bigger than Skira (or whatever it's called).

Eth

Blatant lie in the first few seconds of this new trailer.

"You're going to see an open world the size of which you've never seen before"

As far as I know, Chernarus is way bigger than Skira (or whatever it's called

Yes, it's much bigger.

I think Codemasters are deliberately leaving off parts of what they're saying because it sounds better. "You've never seen before" sounds better than "You've never seen before on consoles".

Thus, the bullshit production-line is set to overload.

Edit: Lol, "Visual effects are really important in Operation Flashpoint"

Of course, because OFP had such great ones.

Codemasters seem to have no idea what made OFP great.

Yes, it's much bigger.

I think Codemasters are deliberately leaving off parts of what they're saying because it sounds better. "You've never seen before" sounds better than "You've never seen before on consoles".

He actually says console later on in the video to be fair but he certainly doesn't in his first statement.

This game is so falsely represented. And they wonder why it gets people's backs up.

Eth

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Yes, it's much bigger.

Edit: Lol, "Visual effects are really important in Operation Flashpoint"

Of course, because OFP had such great ones.

Codemasters seem to have no idea what made OFP great.

The consolers like shiny things, hence, that is what CM uses to hook them.

Fish like shiny things as well :D

I still play OFP from time to time and the attraction has nothing to do with the visual effects I can assure you.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Think before you type. If you designed something that was commercially successful and then someone else used the same name to sell something completely unrelated (and not necessarily as good), I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be too happy.

Why are you giving me advice on thinking before typing? Are you the one that designed it...everyone on here complaining and whining about a name had no part in designing or creating the original Flashpoint, including you.

So my point still stands, why are people who have nothing to do with the original name and aren't planning on even playing or trying out OFPDR feel the need to whine and cry that a name got taken?

ARMA has made a name for itself, of course not with quite the reputation of the original Flashpoint name, but what is crying and getting mad at CM going to do. They don't care, why should all of you get so hot and bothered by it?

In response to that video, it's all about the $$. People will say whatever they want to sell more copies. Do you really blame them?

I don't care about the name of the game (it could be called "Super Awesome Shooter") or the Ads ("This is ultimately the best game ever!!!").

I'm just upset there is no demo on console for me to try it out and judge for myself. Not bashing them, I just feel that was a very bad decision.

Why are you giving me advice on thinking before typing? Are you the one that designed it...everyone on here complaining and whining about a name had no part in designing or creating the original Flashpoint, including you.

So my point still stands, why are people who have nothing to do with the original name and aren't planning on even playing or trying out OFPDR feel the need to whine and cry that a name got taken?

ARMA has made a name for itself, of course not with quite the reputation of the original Flashpoint name, but what is crying and getting mad at CM going to do. They don't care, why should all of you get so hot and bothered by it?

In response to that video, it's all about the $$. People will say whatever they want to sell more copies. Do you really blame them?

I don't care about the name of the game (it could be called "Super Awesome Shooter") or the Ads ("This is ultimately the best game ever!!!").

I'm just upset there is no demo on console for me to try it out and judge for myself. Not bashing them, I just feel that was a very bad decision.

I'm not giving you advice, I'm basically saying go away if you're not happy with the tone of the thread.

And it's nice to know that you think that BLATANTLY lying and misrepresenting is a good way to sell a product.

When it comes to the gaming industry, it is THE worst approach. If the game is bad, it will be all over the web within about 20 seconds of it being available.

I don't know if you know anything about Age of Conan, but they tried lying about their game and it absolutely destroyed it at launch due to word of mouth.

And the "no demo" situation speaks volumes as well. It screams "This is a console game with limited appeal for PC gamers but we'd rather you didn't find that out until after you've paid us".

Eth

PS : I'm not "crying" or "getting mad". I'm simply voicing my opinion.

Edited by BangTail

When it comes to the gaming industry, it is THE worst approach. If the game is bad, it will be all over the web within about 20 seconds of it being available.

Well if the truth comes out when the game is out and destroys the game then what exactly is the problem? Let them lie all they want then, it won't make a difference. You made my point for me.

They can lie about the features in their games and it may work for the short-run but in the end it'll blow up in their face. Not need to get all worked up cause of something they lied about before the game is released.

I'll get back on topic, feel free to whine and moan about whatever you want in the mean time, just wanted to point out how ridiculous it's getting.

I can't get access to CM's forum at work, does anyone know if they have improved the amount of players on either PC or Console recently, also have they announced any fixed wing aircraft?

Actually, until you showed up it was a mature discussion. Go play on the CM forums.

Eth

<boring and flaming image removed>

Edited by W0lle
Yawn

Bye bye Tinfoil hat.

/Reported

/ignore

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Well if the truth comes out when the game is out and destroys the game then what exactly is the problem? Let them lie all they want then, it won't make a difference. You made my point for me.

They can lie about the features in their games and it may work for the short-run but in the end it'll blow up in their face. Not need to get all worked up cause of something they lied about before the game is released.

I'll get back on topic, feel free to whine and moan about whatever you want in the mean time, just wanted to point out how ridiculous it's getting.

I can't get access to CM's forum at work, does anyone know if they have improved the amount of players on either PC or Console recently, also have they announced any fixed wing aircraft?

Guy, I'm not upset, stop projecting.

We're having a discussion, it is YOU who seems to be upset about the discussion we are having. Other people's opinions seem to be irritating you.

Have a beer or whatever, you'll feel better :D

Eth

PS : There will be NO fixed wing aircraft. The maps are too small for jets.

White_Hat

So when you run out of arguments you start the flaming. This and the way how it was done might work over at Codies, here's it's neither welcome nor allowed. If you're not able to disucss on a mature level then maybe don't start discussing at all.

And now, can we try once more to get back on topic without bitching, moaning and flaming mkay?

White_Hat

So when you run out of arguments you start the flaming. This and the way how it was done might work over at Codies, here's it's neither welcome nor allowed. If you're not able to disucss on a mature level then maybe don't start discussing at all.

And now, can we try once more to get back on topic without bitching, moaning and flaming mkay?

But he is a DB! What can i say!

...and who is starting flame wars? Guess your blind on one eye, but thats okay get an eye patch and a parrot and you´ll look like a pirate. AAArggh

....and arguments!? Are you fracking serious!? This hole topic is one biased flame against Codemasters!

Edited by White_Hat

...and who is starting flame wars? Guess your blind on one eye, but thats okay get an eye patch and a parrot and you´ll look like a pirate. AAArggh

....and arguments!? Are you fracking serious!? This hole topic is one biased flame against Codemasters!

Its not biased.

It's a discussion about OFPDR.

There are people interested in the game...look at the poll dude

People are allowed to say why they will, won't or are not sure about buying the game

No need to wine about it

Not really, we're just pointing out that Codemasters have been lying to their customers and OPF-DR is nothing like the original.

Its not biased.

It's a discussion about OFPDR.

There are people interested in the game...look at the poll dude

People are allowed to say why they will, won't or are not sure about buying the game

No need to wine about it

He's spat his dummy because it's not a one sided "DR is the second coming" festival like over at the CM forums.

People are actually allowed to have an opinion here and there are plenty of different points of view. Some people are excited about it, some people aren't.

I'd hardly call it an attack on CM. A lot of the negativity is a direct response to things that the DR devs are doing/saying.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Apart from the usual boohoo that this title produces .. does anyone else like the flashgame?

I found it rather entertaining, even better than the ArmA2 one :eek: :D

..Flashgame zocken ... KLICK

edit: Seems i just hacked myself into the rewards while trying to download the flashgame haha

So if you´re too lazy fot getting a high score but willing to cheat, just click following links:

http://recruit.flashpointgame.com/en/bonus.php?i=3

http://recruit.flashpointgame.com/en/bonus.php?i=2

http://recruit.flashpointgame.com/en/bonus.php?i=1

Edited by Mr Burns

Damn I did this kind of memory game for over half a year in WoW...stupid quest but it brought some gold :D

Seems some of the diehards are getting a little impatient with CM.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5635634&postcount=10

That guys a complete jerk though, did you see his "give me the press disc" topic? The ego... At least he doesnt spend his life slating ARMA like Viiper etc though. That uprising wont last long, im sure viper and shaz will be there to close and hide the topic. I mean... Lets not let anyone see what its like until they spend their 40 pounds/60 dollars/50 euros or what have you on it.