FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

And without planes ? Can we see so far in an helo in RL ?

helo of cause can, but since we dont have to stream gfx IRL, i dont think this is the correct question to be asked

helo of cause can, but since we dont have to stream gfx IRL, i dont think this is the correct question to be asked

Sorry not to ask questions you'd like me to :D

but i'm not very sure you can see so far from helos. Made an helicopter tour in La Reunion island, i was far from seing the whole island !

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

"New" screenshot

More grain and a ridiculous aimpoint...

Wow sight views are not DR's strong point! Trees look jagged, too, yet AA is on as you can see by the ground horizon. Grain gets in the way, too IMO. Still, it doesn't look that bad at all on the whole and it could be a blast! Also the blur is a nice gimmick.

Edited by SaBrE_UK

At least they moved up the hill a bit. Maybe next time we'll see what's behind the hill...

At least they moved up the hill a bit. Maybe next time we'll see what's behind the hill...

lol :D

"New" screenshot

More grain and a ridiculous aimpoint...

same produced picture :D

Notice that it is the exact same moment with previous picture. Soldier at left in the same posture. I don't think they moved up..its just the zoomed in effect due to looking thru aimpoint.

Also notice how the post processing effecting the whole soldier on the left but not the small area in between...

I'm more confident it is a copy paste photoshop now :)

Edited by Cross

Hi all

So why have CM decided to abandon DR development?

Are they realy just going to release such an unfinished product?

What has made CM think the product is not worth it?

Regards walker

They abandoned development? How, When, Where???!!! The battle was just getting GOOD. Any info to share, please?

Also the blur is a nice gimmick.

Bah humbug, I hate motion blur. It's what console games do to mask their shoddy frame rates.

If I want blur, I'll drink.

If it's true that they abandoned development they probably found that it's impossible to polish shit into a diamond.

I was beginning to hope that my observations were false, too. Like, how in screenshots you never see more than a couple of hundred meters of empty terrain. In videos, the AI runs around ineffectively like cats in a thunderstorm; bullets may as well be projected by the eyes of the soldier like in other hitscan games because they sure as hell aren't being projected by the weapons (or even in the same direction as the weapon is facing); and it looks like it plays like CoD4 only instead of a dynamic urban environment, you're running around in barren fields.

Hi all

So why have CM decided to abandon DR development?

Are they realy just going to release such an unfinished product?

What has made CM think the product is not worth it?

Regards walker

Now you're the troll?

Walker must be one of the most die hard fans BI has, judging by the posts in this topic.

Time to broaden the horizon a bit perhaps? :)

The 30km viewdistance, if it's, true, is nothing special. Look at the shape of the island, no matter where you are the vast majority of that huge distance is ocean. If it was all landmass it would be about 5x more to render, depending on FOV, and several times more distant land to stream.

Big deal, I bet ArmA 1 could handle it on an island of similar shape on a mid to high end PC :rolleyes:

My old rig can handle a 15k view in the Sakaka map in ArmA, and it's a low end PC by today's standards.

same produced picture :D

Notice that it is the exact same moment with previous picture. Soldier at left in the same posture. I don't think they moved up..its just the zoomed in effect due to looking thru aimpoint.

Also notice how the post processing effecting the whole soldier on the left but not the small area in between...

I'm more confident it is a copy paste photoshop now :)

Don't you think you should verify your clever ideas before accusing anyone, smartass? :)

ipcbj56q.gif

I would have thought that this thread had surpassed simple bashing and trolling by now...

I would have thought that this thread had surpassed simple bashing and trolling by now...

This is the internet, it never ends :)

I still can't believe all they did was bring up the optics and command system in that picture. What a waste of a third screenshot... :j:

No. In this forum thou shall not talk good about other games. Only bad. Also thou shall not talk crap about ArmA nor ArmA2. Only good. Even if you are not intrested in the non-BIS game discussed in the offtopic forum, you must contribute to the bashing of it!

Now ontopic: If BIS gets some things fixed for ArmA2 which were bad in ArmA, I don't think OFP2 stands a chance. Even though I'm anxious for both games.

According to who? There are a lot of people on this forum, some criticize ArmA, some defend it. Some people criticize other games or other things, some people defend them. Are you saying that because some people criticize some things and some others defend something else that there is some kind of trend between all or even most of the forum members here?

Way to logic much very.

No. In this forum thou shall not talk good about other games. Only bad. Also thou shall not talk crap about ArmA nor ArmA2. Only good. Even if you are not intrested in the non-BIS game discussed in the offtopic forum, you must contribute to the bashing of it!

If you are so much into OFP:DR, you can always check out the proper OFP:DR info from

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356247

and

http://www.ofp2.info/

along with some comments like...

-Echolon is a formation (it was in ofp1) and it is in teh real world!

-Optics? How do you mean?

-I couldn't help to notice that the firearms tool-bar says MK16 "MOD 0". Is this a hint that we can make our own mod's?

-next post Sigh.... Its the name of the weapon.

:D

-----------------------

"I retain the right to remain inconsistent."

-I couldn't help to notice that the firearms tool-bar says MK16 "MOD 0". Is this a hint that we can make our own mod's?

-next post Sigh.... Its the name of the weapon.

Sigh indeed.

The recoil looks very CoD, but then again ARMA2's recoil doesn't look too good, either. An ACE style mod for OFP2 might be in order.