Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

God bless the grain! :rolleyes:

Oh, and I hope that shiny mag holder is just a missing texture.

You know, I now can't see any other explanation for it being there on EVERY DR screen. Codemasters must have put a noise filter in as part of the graphical element of the game. You'd think with all that's been criticized about the noise, CM would not use it anymore. Now I wonder if they can actually disable it. :j:

You know, I now can't see any other explanation for it being there on EVERY DR screen. Codemasters must have put a noise filter in as part of the graphical element of the game. You'd think with all that's been criticized about the noise, CM would not use it anymore. Now I wonder if they can actually disable it. :j:

I'ts not criticized on the DR forums.

The grain is a part of the game, a moderator on the CM forums stated that the ingame shots have not been touched by photoshop.

Anyway, cool to see a proper reload animation, in your face BI :p

Anyway, cool to see a proper reload animation, in your face BI :p

Which looks crap to be honest.

What sane guy leaves a finger on the trigger while reloading?

That statement kinda sums it all up. It's the DR forums. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, they're pretty much just like us over here. There are people here who will defend BIS like Gods, and it's the same over there. Fortunately, the BIS community is much more mature than theirs.

Oh come on, you guys are digging for negativity here.. How far would OFP and Arma come if we used the same attitude to it?

In Arma the finger is kept on the trigger 24/7, even in relaxed walk-patrolling..

Edited by sparks50

I would have guessed :lookaround:

Yep, but beautiful fingers.

In Arma the finger is kept on the trigger 24/7, even in relaxed walk-patrolling..

Not while reloading though :p

Lol, judging from that pic it looks like #4 in that dude's fireteam is reading a book inside or something. Damn lazy smacktard.

EDIT ...and #2 is setting up ArmA 2 on his laptop. :D

Oh come on, you guys are digging for negativity here.. How far would OFP and Arma come if we used the same attitude to it?

Uh, no it isn't. Unless the characters are firing, the trigger finger is left on the trigger guard.

Err...compared to the critics Arma gets/has gotten I think DR has it easy.

The only thing I can really complain about would be the grain..seriously whyyyyy!

Now if we wanted to pick at it like Arma gets theen we could say...Why is the compass so high and visible to begin with on infantry.

Why is there RELOADING text while we see ourselves reloading? (and a progress bar..I hope thats a progress bar otherwise that is a small magazine.)

Why is that other soldier using a pistol instead of a rifle?

Why is the soldiers fingers not aligned correctly with the mag while reloading?

Why are his hands so shiny etc.

Edited by NodUnit

Uh, no it isn't. Unless the characters are firing, the trigger finger is left on the trigger guard.

Fair point, I was using the ACE mod for reference, apparently not a good idea when you want facts from the vanilla game:rolleyes:

Arma2009-05-2101-08-06-68.jpg?t=1242861116

NodUnit: There is supposedly a hardcore mode that removes the dig compass and other visual helpers.

Ah, good to hear it's optional. The overlay itself doesn't bother me too much (just find the redundant parts a bit amusing).

I just hope in the compasses case there will be a 'pull up compass' like OFP and Arma has.

Though I was only pointing at those parts as something of an example, not direct criticism (minus the reloading part).

Edited by NodUnit

Why is there RELOADING text while we see ourselves reloading? (and a progress bar..I hope thats a progress bar otherwise that is a small magazine.)

I don't think that's a progress bar. Also the magazine size would make no sense since the ammo is shown directly above in numbers.

It's more likely the fire mode. Rainbow Six had the same visualization.

1 bullet for single shot. 3 bullets for burst fire. 5 bullets for full auto.

umm when is placebo coming back again?

I'm back, and I always preferred "Opf" :)

the only thing i hate is that the gun take up too many space on the screen, and the noise filter, i still think cody watched too much Band of Brothers and start thinking noise=realistic, just like the "real is brown" stuff

I'm back, and I always preferred "Opf" :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't start this again! die! die! :681:

I don't understand why so many people are taking sides. I visit both forums and there is a great community on both sides. Helios a forum manager over there said the grain has been toned down after CM listened to there community. It's so damn annoying for people to point out little things like the finger on the trigger. We have 2 games and 2 engines to play on now. This gives us choice and options. Both of these games will be great. There are a ton of FPS. But only one Military sim. Now there is two. What is the big complaint? People need to grow the F up. It makes everyone sound like a bunch of school kids. No one has even been able to play DR so if you give it a chance and actually play the game I bet you will enjoy both titles. Now drop the child plays.

There are a ton of FPS. But only one Military sim. Now there is two.

Since when dragon rising is a sim now?

Since when dragon rising is a sim now?

I dono, since they say they are gona stay true to the original and not make it a BF2 clone.

I dono, since they say they are gona stay true to the original and not make it a BF2 clone.

Well from i've seen it's exactly a bf2 clone.

Well from i've seen it's exactly a bf2 clone.

Fortunately i dont see it like that, all hands on previews says its the exact opposite of bf2. So meh.

Fortunately i dont see it like that, all hands on previews says its the exact opposite of bf2. So meh.

It's BF3. Like BF2 with new gfx and effective bullets and one big map. BF3 in CoD 4 style hardcore mode.

I rather save my money for BF:BC 2 than buy DR lol: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/battlefieldbadcompany2/video/6210068/battlefield-bad-company-2-multiplayer-trailer?hd=1&tag=topslot;watchlink;1#embed_video

Looks a lot cooler than OFP:DR.

Edited by Leopardi

Nice BFBC2 video indeed... but just as CGI/staged as OFPDR first trailers...

Let's wait for true gameplay to see how both compare.

This trailer makes me want to have a Winter Map for Chernarus... All the rest is already ingame (Vodniks, Blackhawk, A10, T80, revive, destructible buildings...)