FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

jees, did anyone see the "medic" system? hold the med pack, and wait til you are auto healed... this game sure has ALOT more arcade elements than sim.

It's not realy so, a quote from one of the Videos: "Every Marine has a first aid kit and can use the pad to fix things up, but it don't actually heal you, you just stop bleeding out."

I like some of the sfx and particles, they obviously improved the streaming engine, though the gameplay is very arcadish.

People should stop bashing the game for what it's not : it's clearly not targeted at the same demo as Arma 2.

I think it will serve its purpose and help educate younger gamers to more open world/slightly more tactical games.

Our hero Clive talks about OFP:DR AI and features.

Nothing new really but hadn't seen the interview before.

Edited by Rok
disable smilies

Hmmm, looks like CoD4 being played on a huge island, no more, no less. It surely will appeal to action gamers, but plz don't compare this to ArmA2 any longer.

Apples and oranges really.

Apples to oranges indeed...

Just look at their forums, it will be successful. This game is what all the BF2 and CoD players wanted and they got it. Some even visit BIS forums and start asking about a fucking DLC or to make a new physics engine in a patch for Christ's sake...

I am a BF2 and CoD player and I certainly don't want that wannabe crap on my PC.

)rStrangelove;1299147']but plz don't compare this to ArmA2 any longer.

Apples and oranges really.

Yeah, and CM shouldn't even compare it with the original OFP at all. But the fat guy keeps doing it. ( i wonder why)

To be honest I start to feel sorry for them... :hang: (imo it looks more and more ridiculous)

They base this game in "no in game videos"..

I wouldn't have the courage to release such game mentioning its a simulator :confused:

Yeah, and CM shouldn't even compare it with the original OFP at all. But the fat guy keeps doing it. ( i wonder why)

To be honest I start to feel sorry for them... :hang: (imo it looks more and more ridiculous)

They base this game in "no in game videos"..

I wouldn't have the courage to release such game mentioning its a simulator :confused:

Its like Ubisoft and their promise to deliver realistic flight experience in the game HAWX. A supersonic Harrier doing 100g+ maneuvers... *sigh* I'm sure CM is heading in that direction.

Edited by Raptor13270

"We all know what red barrels do!"

Please, may god(or MythBusters) come to save the day..................

lol, i would like to be able to create horrible things like that (I would have a job in the game industry):rolleyes:

why most of you want a copy of OFP1, personally i want a new game not an updated copy

Because we love OFP1 for what OFP1 is, notthing more, notthing less

P.S. I dont think they will host ARMA2 server over [LOL], but if they does, tell me

Edited by 4 IN 1

Because we love OFP1 for what OFP1 is, notthing more, notthing less

ok, but you can't ask to CM to make a copy of OFP1; because they didn't make OFP1 .

now "OFP" is just a name; the real son of OFP1 (in my opinion) is Arma2. Same engine (+ modern of course), same team, same spirit etc etc

CM-OFP2 won't be a new OFP1, that's all. All the bashing against OFP2 for this reason is totally useless.

It's being obviously showcased on a console. Isn't it just a matter of it being somehow dumbed down just for consoles? I'm a PC-only player, so I don't know, but it seems that every preview for console I saw was actually "worst" than the pc version in terms of AI. Also the player's survivability seems to be always increased on consoles.

It's a matter of the controler, right? So, untill we see OFP:DR demoed on a PC it's hard to say how it'll look.

CM-OFP2 won't be a new OFP1, that's all. All the bashing against OFP2 for this reason is totally useless.

So why call it OFP2 then?

I really think they need to change the name to dragon rising, it doesnt deserve to be called Operation flashpoint as the only thing it has in common is the war theme, everything else is a total change, i know its a different dev team but its insulting to see such a great sim turned into another console run and gun! I was keeping a eye on how Dragon rising was shaping up and was quite tempted to get it along with ARMA2, but it looks like Arma2 will be the only game im buying when its released in the UK. Red barrels, head shots, Ammo nicely placed next to your target. Come on....!!!

Very disappointed :mad:

Because OFP was an amazing game -> people will buy because it's OFP.

ok, but you can't ask to CM to make a copy of OFP1; because they didn't make OFP1 .

now "OFP" is just a name; the real son of OFP1 (in my opinion) is Arma2. Same engine (+ modern of course), same team, same spirit etc etc

The problem is that while i know damn well OFP:DR wont be OFP:CWC or OFP:R, they(CM) sell the game as such

The problem is that while i know damn well OFP:DR wont be OFP:CWC or OFP:R, they(CM) sell the game as such

business and money; mate :p

then i think we still own to rights to blame them about that, just like what we did for UBI for GRAW, RS:V/V2 and EA for just about every thing they release :p

The game is now called Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, they stopped using Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising after BI complained about it.

How nice of them :)

I still think they could go further and rename it to Operation Failpoint: Arcade Rising after seeing the latest gameplay footage :p

;1299097']Our hero Clive talks about OFP:DR AI and features.

Nothing new really but hadn't seen the interview before.

That video is awesome

"The AI is unscripted"

*que to early prerendered vid with awesome 'AI^1' stealth kills/house clearing which dont resemble the real game at all*

^1: Obviously, there is no such thing as AI in a prerendered world.

The game is now called Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, they stopped using Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising after BI complained about it.

No.

Actually, they didn't want to have a OFP 2, but a sequel with Operation Flashpoint War Crisis, Operation Flashpoint Resistance and Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.

No.

Actually, they didn't want to have a OFP 2, but a sequel with Operation Flashpoint War Crisis, Operation Flashpoint Resistance and Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.

Which they can't, because BI owns the rights to make sequels. CM owns the right to use the words "Operation Flashpoint" on the box. Nothing more, nothing less...

Sparks is closer to being correct.

I commend the efforts of the dev team and await their take on the series; it won't be the same game as we know it, but I'm sure it will be at least a cut above the pack.

Remember, Ghost Recon, SWAT 4, Rainbow 6 (at least the earlier games of two of those) are all great tactical games that went down a slightly more shooter/FPS based system and still keep great tactical/command systems and a healthy dose of realism.

Which they can't, because BI owns the rights to make sequels. CM owns the right to use the words "Operation Flashpoint" on the box. Nothing more, nothing less...

And if they can use Operation Flashpoint on the box, why they couldn't add 2 after and have so Operation Flashpoint 2 ?

The choice to not put a 2 after the name is just a marketing decision. Nothing more, nothing else...

What they can't do, it's to say from the creator of OFP or anything would can make believe than someone yet worked on OFP development . I'm sure you know what I mean :D

Edited by M@Nu-SoLo