Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

More tea chaps? Looks like we may have an interesting next month what what?

On the other hand there is an EPIC campaign for ArmA1 called MOLOCH - lots of anachronysms but still an epic experience because of story and characters. If this is the case with this campaign then some HESCO cubes sure won't stop me from having loads of fun=)

I've downloaded the CWR demo and the Red Hammercampaign, but everytime I play it, it crashes at the first mission, right after the beginning.

ATM, I'm playing on my laptop, and everytime, it shuts it down.

Anyone encountered the problem?

@Wiki

I just saw intro, then cutscene on boat and played first mission no problems for me. i played this campaign few months ago and there was no problems with missions.

@W0lle

Maybe CWR2 mod team can contact with guys that made this Red Hammer remake. Maybe you can ask them if you can add this campaign to CWR mod. I think, would be cool if we have all campaigns from OFP in full version of CWR. Its only suggestion. If you can't do this maybe you can add info in readme that there is also a Red hammer campaign reamake made by SHJ or something like this i dont know. I do not want you to think that i try to force you for something, its only suggestion, maybe it's a good idea?

Edited by tom3kb

Maybe CWR2 mod team can contact with guys that made this Red Hammer remake. Maybe you can ask them if you can add this campaign to CWR mod.

As said numerous times before: We can not use the Red Hammer campaign in CWR² because it was made by Codemasters, not BIS. They don't want their work to be used in the Mod; and so does BIS. That's why some 3rd party had to do that job. :)

As said numerous times before: We can not use the Red Hammer campaign in CWR² because it was made by Codemasters, not BIS. They don't want their work to be used in the Mod; and so does BIS. That's why some 3rd party had to do that job. :)[/color]

Ok, thx for info. Sorry that i dont search first :)

@Down

Unfortunately, you're right :) this is the worst official campaign, made for OFP game.

Edited by tom3kb

It's not like it was the greatest campaign ever or anything like that. Besides that level where you defend Montignac there isn't a single level that really sticks out to me.

that's why retaliation campaign was/is(permissions and work load required to port) the best for opfor :)

You are talking about Peacemaker campaign aren't you? Then yes - that's one hell of a campaign!

Yep. It's a shame the guy who was supposed to convert it decided otherwise. So as of now it's unlikely we will be able to include Retaliation in the final release as planned.

But "yeah sure I can do!" guys we had a lot in the past 3 years. :D

@tom3kb

are you german?

if yes, could you unpbo the campaign and translate all the briefings and notes in english please?

no need for the radio chat, nor the cutscene, they are already in multilanguage.

just need a translation for birefing and notes.

thanks

Damn I never played that one....

You serious? It's the best OPFOR campaign ever made for Flashpoint, and one of best overall (ULOTC takes the cake IMHO). Other noteworthy OPFOR campaigns were Operation Freedom (3 parts), and Real Enemy, which is copy of Resistance campaign, exept we fight aganist Americans, not Soviets.

Edited by boota

Well I didn´t have Internet back in those days so I was kind of stuck with the stock campaigns...

this campaign is transferred to CWR2, on this portal http://www.flashpoint.ru/threads/%D0%9C%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%86-%D0%9E%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80.48581/ (russian community), but it should make it playable on ARMAII,this is a very early alpha, gathered from the fact that ported FIRRAL another Demo 1 and e1k collected on the knee for 15 minutes in a campaign without any ramifications and savestatus'ov and it resembles the original only similarities. Now e1k slowly try and restore the balance of performance mission. e1k delay work on the project for the period before the next vacaion in October, for the time to do anything is missing.And you can help in the transfer of the campaign on CWR2.,seeing the original campaign (OFP) in English http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6179&newlang=eng

if every early alpha version to give you...?

Great to hear that, I hope they make it as it's a hell lot of work to port such a massive thing properly. :)

@Wiki

No im not German, I'm Polish. I know little german language from school (maybe not the best ;) ). But now i dont have to much time to make translation. Sorry :( (ps: Tonci87 is german maybe if you ask him pretty...who knows)

@ Tonci87

You can always play this campaign (Retaliation: Peacekeepers) now if you have OFP or Arma cold war crisis. For me and i think for many people here this is one of the best campaign made for OFP.

Edited by tom3kb

I've played Retaliation in OFP times and yes, it was great. Of course, CWR2 is about reliving the experience, but there's 2 original campaigns already for that purpose. So in order to get something fresh (unfortunately, without full voice-over, unless someone is willing to help me out...), I decided to work on a Soviet campaign. (too bad Retaliation devs didn't receive enough donations for a sequel.)

Anyway - Soviet campaign I'm still working on will probably take place on 3 islands: Kolgujev, Nogova and Malden (still deciding whether to add 5 missions on Everon or not).

What do you guys think about long (25-40+ missions) campaigns? I suppose very little of community are interested in them due to frequent lack of time.

I've played Retaliation in OFP times and yes, it was great. Of course, CWR2 is about reliving the experience, but there's 2 original campaigns already for that purpose. So in order to get something fresh (unfortunately, without full voice-over, unless someone is willing to help me out...), I decided to work on a Soviet campaign. (too bad Retaliation devs didn't receive enough donations for a sequel.)

Anyway - Soviet campaign I'm still working on will probably take place on 3 islands: Kolgujev, Nogova and Malden (still deciding whether to add 5 missions on Everon or not).

What do you guys think about long (25-40+ missions) campaigns? I suppose very little of community are interested in them due to frequent lack of time.

The long campaigns are usually the best....

Yes, i love long campaigns with many missions. In OFP times pepole make campaigns with~15-20 missions (you can say such a standard length :), there were of course campaigns with only a few missions, but there were also a lot of campaigns with more than 30 or 40 missions). Now in arma 2 if we have 10 missions its very good. Another issue is the length of the mission in OFP Cold War Crisis~40missions?=10hrs of playing, Resistance~20missions=10hrs of playing. I think now in arma2 all missions are longer.

@Inlesco

I really cant wait to play your Soviet campaign.

Edited by tom3kb

I prefer long campaign with short missions like OFP (and CWR²) rather than long missions like manhattan or the ACR campaign - or worst, Warfare missions in a SP campaign... which really DOES suck to my mind.

That's why I loved the OFP campaign, and why I will love the CWR mod.

@Tonci87:

tom3kb said you are german:

is it possible for you to download the Red Hammer campaign, unpbo it and translate all the briefings and notes in english or multilangages?

thanks

I prefer long campaign with short missions like OFP (and CWR²) rather than long missions like manhattan or the ACR campaign - or worst, Warfare missions in a SP campaign... which really DOES suck to my mind.

That's why I loved the OFP campaign, and why I will love the CWR mod.

@Tonci87:

tom3kb said you are german:

is it possible for you to download the Red Hammer campaign, unpbo it and translate all the briefings and notes in english or multilangages?

thanks

Sorry, no time. I didn´t even get past the second mission yet...

Definitely pro long campaigns. I think that's also one big factor, why the ArmA 2 campaigns don't reach the atmosphere of the OFP ones. It feels too rushed.

A longer campaign also means you get to know the 'country' better and kinda feel at home.

Just remember when we came back to Montignac and suddenly it hit us "Omg, that's THAT town, where everything went to hell."

Definitely pro long campaigns. I think that's also one big factor, why the ArmA 2 campaigns don't reach the atmosphere of the OFP ones. It feels too rushed.

A longer campaign also means you get to know the 'country' better and kinda feel at home.

Just remember when we came back to Montignac and suddenly it hit us "Omg, that's THAT town, where everything went to hell."

Spot on zimms.