Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

My first initial guess would be that it was some kind of a Jawa, but I am not sure. I found this but I think it is close but no cigar.

I think it might be this one though, even though there is no pictures of it that I can find that shows the front: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrscharroo/6305763522/

http://www.velorexy.cz/clanky/priprava-knihy/kniha-13/790_22_s.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrscharroo/6305238305/in/photostream/

So, the name of that car is Jawa Motorex 350 CC

Edit: Never mind, can't be that one... It's got the door in front of the car :S

Added this one, just for curiousity.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrscharroo/6308915679/

Edited by aLmAnZo

Pretty comprehensive list of cars of this type over the years here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_car

Couldn't find any real close matches. Quite convinced now that the OFP car is a Mini mash up, the body and fairing proportions just scream Mini to me. And the mash up is probably for IP reasons.

@Max, if no actual can be found, is CWR looking to say, do an acurate Mini or a better quality mashup?

We have not really decided. Pending the results of the contest, there is definitely an opportunity here to introduce something like, say, the Nogovan Motor Company. Maybe the NMC buys mini frames and rebadges, retrims, and rebrands them, kind of like what Tesla does with Lotus. Lessons learned from the Trabant, and then AGAIN on the XM, and then AGAIN on the Ah-1F were that reference is everything. If this thing turns out to be some super obscure car from Lithuania, with a single model year 60 years ago or something, I think it would just be easier to do a mash-up. Doing an accurate mini might be a little more than the car is worth, too. But then again, at least I have an existing car mesh to work with. We'll see how the contest goes :)

Edited by Max Power

We have not really decided. Pending the results of the contest, there is definitely an opportunity here to introduce something like, say, the Nogovan Motor Company. Maybe the NMC buys mini frames and rebadges, retrims, and rebrands them, kind of like what Tesla does with Lotus. Lessons learned from the Trabant, and then AGAIN on the XM, and then AGAIN on the Ah-1F were that reference is everything. If this thing turns out to be some super obscure car from Lithuania, with a single model year 60 years ago or something, I think it would just be easier to do a mash-up. Doing an accurate mini might be a little more than the car is worth, too. But then again, at least I have an existing car mesh to work with. We'll see how the contest goes :)

Lithuania doesn't produce cars... and thx for offending.

Surely this is sarcasm. He clearly, in no way meant to offend the Lithuanian people or their country.

Touring the forums looking for something to take offence to? :rolleyes:

Did you know that Canada produced cars in the 70s? Would that be considered obscure knowledge in Lithuania? Do you think that car would have a lot of great modelling reference in Lithuanian? Calm down.

If you must know, I chose Lithuania because I was thinking about former Soviet countries that I don't know much (read: anything) about, and thought of Upton Sinclair's The Jungle. I find the protagonists in that book to be quite sympathetic.

Edited by Max Power

looks like a chinese knock-off if you ask me (chinese members please take offense in the fact that your car industry is a "copy-pasta" one...)

Edited by PuFu
fucking iphone

looks like a chinese knock-off if you ask me (chinese members blease take offense in the fact that your car industry is a "copy-pasta" one...)

Either way it doesnt look like how a mini should. :(

It indeed looks like a mini as that was my first car, with the very early push button start down by the handbrake.

The bottom set of headlights were smaller and were infact the indicators for left and right (orange).

So like someone said prob some mash-up?

Thanks to Schnapsdrossel we now can present you:

Women! To arms!

female_sm.jpg

High resolution

You mad girl?

female2_sm.jpg

High resolution

Edited by W0lle

lol, delight to see female civilian fighters appear in cwr2. Male fighter won't feel lonely anymore.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

While, this guy seems full of hate from her eyes.

Wow this mod looks great I like it when mods add female fighters,:p Keep up the good work!

Awsome! And on International Womens Day*, how appropriate.

*At least in my time zone.

Yeh, nice.

Lookin good. Can't wait to get back there!

since we are at it, what's the status of the soviet imba women called Angelina? :)

Same status as the mad girls above, just that she's wearing a beret already. Quite some work to do though until she looks like Angie.

We surely post some pictures of the couple once they are finished. ;)

Same status as the mad girls above, just that she's wearing a beret already. Quite some work to do though until she looks like Angie.

We surely post some pictures of the couple once they are finished. ;)

cool, can't wait to meet her in-game :D

CWR2 is doing some justice to the women representation in Arma 2, in which women are usually either old ladies or prostitutes, that can't even carry a weapon.

Good job once again!

CWR2 is doing some justice to the women representation in Arma 2, in which women are usually either old ladies or prostitutes, that can't even carry a weapon.

Good job once again!

I agree.

This unit opens up loads of new mission scenario possibilities!

Then again old ladies can give you a malicious reprimand if needed.

You are not true OFP-fan, if you dont had Angelina naked in your dreams... :D

Nice job.

You are not true OFP-fan, if you dont had Angelina naked in your dreams... :D

Nice job.

:plain:

I'm okay with this. :smile_o: