Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Hi,

First off I want to thank all of you for bringing CWC to ARMA2, i know its very time consuming and takes great dedication. There are a few things I'd like to add or say. 1st off the M16A1 is shown with a 20 rns mag, while most of the exisiting missions have it using a 30 rnd mag. Is there any way that can be updated for realism purposes.

There is no way to show a different mag depending on what kind of magazine is being used in game. The model you see was supplied to us as is. It's not really canon in OFP so it's really just a bonus. I would like to make an m16a1 myself without the geometry artifacts and stuff on top but unfortunately we'll have to live with this one for now.

Also there is no CAr-15 SD. I'm sure that they have been supressed for a LONG time.

We're currently not planning any suppressed rifles for the mod. Tthere are a few suppressed submachine guns.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere that there were going to be 3 camps, the original CWC, resistance and a Camp kinda like Red Hammer. I have been unable to find any info on the 3rd Camp. I got the Red Hammer Camp made in German but got frustrated with it cuz of all the bugs. Just am interested as to what to expect. and am on Stand By for the full Monty........Again I am honored to play what you have done so far, bit just like oliver......

Please Sir, I'd like some more....

We won't be including Red Hammer because it is owned by Codemasters. I'll let Mr. W0lle talk more about the campaigns since that is his thing.

Edited by Max Power

Also there is no CAr-15 SD. I'm sure that they have been supressed for a LONG time.

There was no silenced CAR-15 in OFP, and nowhere we said that we include one. I don't get it why you come now and say there's no silenced CAR-15.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere that there were going to be 3 camps, the original CWC, resistance and a Camp kinda like Red Hammer. I have been unable to find any info on the 3rd Camp.

There are two campaigns, Cold War Crisis and Resistance. We never said anywhere that there will be three campaigns but we repeatedly say since years that Red Hammer is not included because it's Codemasters property. It was planned to include a campaign made by the Russian community (Retaliation) but the guy who was supposed to port it over never made even one mission so we had to scrap that idea, unfortunately.

I remember that few months ago Inlesco write that he makes cold war era campaign from Russian perspective ~20 missions (13 missions was almost ready then). But now i'm not sure if he is in Cwr2 mod team or it is his own project.

There was no silenced CAR-15 in OFP, and nowhere we said that we include one. I don't get it why you come now and say there's no silenced CAR-15.

There are two campaigns, Cold War Crisis and Resistance. We never said anywhere that there will be three campaigns but we repeatedly say since years that Red Hammer is not included because it's Codemasters property. It was planned to include a campaign made by the Russian community (Retaliation) but the guy who was supposed to port it over never made even one mission so we had to scrap that idea, unfortunately.

A real shame, judging by the description it seems to be a really good campaign (Retaliation) I might just reinstall OFP to play it.

@Tonci87

Retaliation is great, it's Cwc from soviet perspective. For me this campaign is the same good as CWC, maybe even better, becose we play as "bad guys". :)

I remember that few months ago Inlesco write that he makes cold war era campaign from Russian perspective ~20 missions (13 missions was almost ready then). But now i'm not sure if he is in Cwr2 mod team or it is his own project.

That campaign is his own project, should be ready anytime soon from what I heard.

Retaliation is a real shame yes. Some weeks ago I looked at it again but that's nothing you convert quickly. More like Converting Ambush/Infantry x10 and that x20. :)

Never say never but at the moment it might be better to focus on the two important campaigns and then work on additional content. Maybe we're able to find someone who would do it. ^^

today is THE day!

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting....

it finally ends now!

Bury all red hammers and forget them. Prepare for a full-scale war on Kolgujev, Malden and Nogova. And - welcome to hell. They say - nobody returns alive from it.

A snapshot from mission 1x below! CWR2 Russian campaign is still alive!

2dwdidy.jpg

So wait, is that Red Hammer, or the other Russian campaign that was teased by some of the other CWR guys?

So wait, is that Red Hammer, or the other Russian campaign that was teased by some of the other CWR guys?

Do not quote me on this, but I do not believe it is Red Hammer (as that is still copyrighted by CM unfortunately.. sound files, etc). I believe from the information in the post that it is being made by Inlesco as his own project.. and it contains

~20 missions (13 missions was almost ready then)
which means it isn't Red Hammer. If you remember, Red Hammer was rather short. Although, I really did enjoy it..

From old Inlesco post:

"Community,

let me inform you that there is a new campaign in the works for CWR2. Basically, the campaign portrays the Cold War era conflict from Soviet perspective. Traditionally, it'll feature cut-scenes, mature storytelling, varied objectives and a bit of dynamics for replay-ability. Also, player will take control of several warfare roles - from an ordinary infantry grunt to experienced pilot, passionate tank-squad commander or strict infantry group leader.

In total, if everything goes as planned, it'll include 20+ different missions. Almost 13 of them are already created - but testing is quite an issue. At this moment, that's all.

"

So it there a soviet campaign for CWR2, or is this something the community is still patiently awaiting?

So it there a soviet campaign for CWR2, or is this something the community is still patiently awaiting?

We wait for Inlesco and his Soviet campaign. And we have Red Hammer campaign made by Shj studio (i write about this few times ;) ). Briefings are in german. Cutscenes, radio messages, talks from oryginal in english.

We wait for Inlesco and his Soviet campaign. And we have Red Hammer campaign made by Shj studio (i write about this few times ;) ). Briefings are in german. Cutscenes, radio messages, talks from oryginal in english.

@tom3kb,

I've tried downloading Red Hammer Shj Studio from http://www.arma2base.de/ and http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/ but when I try to extract the file I get an "Unexpected end of archive" error. I was planning on translating it to English using the original Red Hammer campaign from my OFP GOTY version as a reference. Do you know of an alternate link, I can't seem to find one.

Did you try different zip-programs? 7z, winrar?

Yes, I used both. I also tried repairing the archive with winrar, no luck. Has anyone successfully downloaded and extracted the file recently?

@tom3kb,

I've tried downloading Red Hammer Shj Studio from http://www.arma2base.de/ and http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/ but when I try to extract the file I get an "Unexpected end of archive" error. I was planning on translating it to English using the original Red Hammer campaign from my OFP GOTY version as a reference.

I download this campaign from both sites few months ago never have any problems. I dont think there are other mirrors for this campaign.

Ps: i'm not sure about this but if you plan to release eng version you should first ask guys from Shj studio, if they dont have nothing against that.

Ps: i be back in home after ~7 days, i can send you this campaign as PM then, if you will have still problems with dl links. I think it's something on your side with "broken archive".

@tom3kb,

I've tried downloading Red Hammer Shj Studio from http://www.arma2base.de/ and http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/ but when I try to extract the file I get an "Unexpected end of archive" error. I was planning on translating it to English using the original Red Hammer campaign from my OFP GOTY version as a reference. Do you know of an alternate link, I can't seem to find one.

Here's a working link to the Red Hammer campaign.

Thank you very much for the link Variable!

Of course if I am successful I will ask for permissions before I release anything.

We need a faq. It would have only one question in it... but I fear it would cut 90% of the traffic out of our threads.

edit:

No here's an idea! So we have this faq with the Redhammer question and answer on another site, right? And we put ads all over it to get some ad revenue! :yay:

Monetize "Will there be Red Hammer?" FTW

Edited by Max Power

We need a faq. It would have only one question in it... but I fear it would cut 90% of the traffic out of our threads.

edit:

No here's an idea! So we have this faq with the Redhammer question and answer on another site, right? And we put ads all over it to get some ad revenue! :yay:

Monetize "Will there be Red Hammer?" FTW

Nice Idea actually^^

I'm currently looking for beta-testers for the brand new CWR2 Russian campaign. If interested, please contact me.

I'm currently looking for beta-testers for the brand new CWR2 Russian campaign. If interested, please contact me.

Is this campaign Retaliation per chance, or something else? I only ask because I recall some CWR2 guys namedropping that as another campaign, but I'm not sure if that was scrapped.

@Foffy: Nope, it's not related to Retaliation. A completely new experience in terms of scale, mission design and length (etc). But currently it has no voice acting and it's hard to find people who would be interested to help in any way.

@Foffy: Nope, it's not related to Retaliation. A completely new experience in terms of scale, mission design and length (etc). But currently it has no voice acting and it's hard to find people who would be interested to help in any way.

There is an Arma voice actors group, and a thread somewhere.