Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

how do I remove the knife? It often takes away my binos when I start a mission and I'd rather have them.

There is a bug, when any vechicle is being destroyed game and server crashes.

I discovered that yesterday when my team was testing SLX2.

Hey Solus, you ever gonna add an SLX vehicle mod where doors open when the vehicle is destroyed and people enter/exit them? I loved this in ArmA.

afaik that's is not possible without BIS releasing sample models of ArmA2 vehicles.

I'd love if someone could prove me wrong though.

afaik that's is not possible without BIS releasing sample models of ArmA2 vehicles.

I'd love if someone could prove me wrong though.

I'm sure they will eventually. I mean I dunno why they wouldn't release this, they released sample models of soldiers.

how do I remove the knife? It often takes away my binos when I start a mission and I'd rather have them.

When you start the game you have 3 of these items, you just can't see them. But when you swap stuff, you can have only 2 at once

This truly is a great add on. Too bad, it interferes too much with the AI, rendering all kinds of missions, in particular user missions, unplayable.

Solus, the file is unavailable from FileFront.

This truly is a great add on. Too bad, it interferes too much with the AI, rendering all kinds of missions, in particular user missions, unplayable.

How so?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

For example: Due to increased spotting capability and the ability of the AI to call in help from surrounding units via radio, AI will react in a way the mission was not designed for.

Also, I noticed in some missions, that your AI squad members will sometimes move off on their own, with a "Move" command visible on their icons. This can happen in any situation, combat or non-combat. Or they will go into "Wait" mode or do not fire mode.

Another problem is the surrender and flee script. Try sneaking up on a vastly superior enemy with a Special Forces squad and all of you team will surrender.

I believe Solus still doesn't have a new notebook/pc to work on this as his current notebook failed on him.

For example: Due to increased spotting capability and the ability of the AI to call in help from surrounding units via radio, AI will react in a way the mission was not designed for.

Also, I noticed in some missions, that your AI squad members will sometimes move off on their own, with a "Move" command visible on their icons. This can happen in any situation, combat or non-combat. Or they will go into "Wait" mode or do not fire mode.

Another problem is the surrender and flee script. Try sneaking up on a vastly superior enemy with a Special Forces squad and all of you team will surrender.

The increased spotting ability is a very nice addition considering how the vanilla AI became blind after 1.03. However i agree that the radio call for help can break some missions (no fault of Solus really, and I do like this feature, it is just that not many missions are designed with it in mind) so I unpboed GL3 and tried to disable the radios. The only problem is I am not sure if I disabled the scripts or simply disabled the radio models....need more testing.

The move thing I believe the AI do to get to a better firing position or cover. I don't recall seeing it in a non-combat situation.

Absolutely brilliant mod ...

... units always run now? I tried setting up a mission where a bunch of sentries were walking around a building but they always ran. Anyone else got this? Now how to fix it? I tried going through the .pbos to find something but couldn't get it.

Edit: I agree with the comments about the "safe" feature too, I've shot myself too many times now, and it does clutter the action menu.

Edited by LJF

they need to be on limited. They seem to walk then. If there on normal they will run alot which can look silly when on a guard patrol.

I'm loving the safe feature personally :D

Does anyone know the class name for the AN2 radio thingy. I want to add it to some ammo crates for a mission.

The increased spotting ability is a very nice addition considering how the vanilla AI became blind after 1.03. However i agree that the radio call for help can break some missions (no fault of Solus really, and I do like this feature, it is just that not many missions are designed with it in mind) so I unpboed GL3 and tried to disable the radios. The only problem is I am not sure if I disabled the scripts or simply disabled the radio models....need more testing.

The move thing I believe the AI do to get to a better firing position or cover. I don't recall seeing it in a non-combat situation.

Another good example is insertions in hot zones. The pilot can see the enemy extremely far away making him stray off course even if he is set to never fire and careless. This made my Seal campaign unplayable with this mod. It's a great mod for multiplayer, but I believe BIS has there reasons for making the AI the way they did.

to be honest, the mod requires mission makers to THINK differently. just playing through a campaign/mission made for vanilla will always make things differently.

The key to a good mission is always understanding the ai, be it how they respond to scripts/instructions/triggers etc to pure combat behaviour.

The AI in the stock game is an improvement over the older BIS games, but its still has work to be done, and luckily people out there are able to tweak it to more a more realstic potential.