Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

It's really weird, when i use this mod i get the strangest bug. After my abrams has taken a shot or two to the forward armour, usually all of my crew become wounded. At this point my character starts yelling "Hold fire!" "Fire at will" "Hold fire!" "Disengage!" "You're free to engage!" "Hold fire!" "Fire!" over and over, one after the other, and my crew responds and goes into either hold fire stance or fire at will stance repeatedly. It's pretty annoying, i wonder if anyone else has encountered this behavior?

I ask you: does the ArmA 2 SLX mod have bugs in the single player campaign "Harvest Red"? I remember mods like SLX in OFP and ArmA - Armed Assault made only a lot of bugs and problem in the SP campaigns (scripts which didn't work and so on)

It would be awsome if you can fix that you can carry wounded soldiers and even th AI on the shoulders and not only drag them from the original game =)

keep up the good work!

I know that most Tanks are getting destroyed by Sabot, its just so ugly when the Tank gets hit and everything thats happening is that the tank turns black. Or if a plane drops a 500pounder Bomb on a tank and it just smokes a litell bit. Then I really prefer the Arma 2 Standart Explosions

It's really weird, when i use this mod i get the strangest bug. After my abrams has taken a shot or two to the forward armour, usually all of my crew become wounded. At this point my character starts yelling "Hold fire!" "Fire at will" "Hold fire!" "Disengage!" "You're free to engage!" "Hold fire!" "Fire!" over and over, one after the other, and my crew responds and goes into either hold fire stance or fire at will stance repeatedly. It's pretty annoying, i wonder if anyone else has encountered this behavior?

Ahh so its not just me who gets this problem! :j:

You know what i think would be really cool? Instead of the tank turning completely black immediately (which tbh looks a bit silly to me), have it just stay intact-looking for the most part, and have the crew bail on it. Then if you want it to catch fire for whatever reason, it can, and later after it's burned for long enough, it could then turn black, which would make more sense. Damage that would cause the crew to bail like this (or get killed on impact) would be caused by sabot rounds, and other armour-piercing munitions, like Javelins, as they tend to penetrate and cause severe disabling damage, rather than blow the tank to bits which is an annoying recurring feature in games these days. Having a tank sitting there intact but abandoned would be a fun feature for other friendly players to roll along and find, as it could scare them into taking cover, not immediately knowing it has been abandoned.

The only time i really see a tank being blown to bits on impact would be if an aircraft bombed it with a maverick or something.

I know nothing apart from what i've researched though, so i could be wrong about this. It just seems logical and aesthetically appealing to me.

Heya solus, just wanted to tell you that hang I had during a cutscene playing badlands, was from SOWMod not SLX.

Played again without SOW and it worked fine. (cept for the fact i died (well injured and forced to the floor) in the cutscene from exploding vehicles around me!)

Hi Solus, had tested out the latest 1.3 release, my 2 cents are:

1. Planes such as C130 crashes without explosion at high speed abit too weird. Not sure whether it's intended.

2. AI still shoot at wall.

3. Civillians's anim of slashing enemy with knife bit too fast making it comical.

4. Dragging wounded anim's too slow.

LOVE the rest especially the birds fly away in flock.

Love this addon...

I have one remark regarding the GIB, I used a sniper rifle fired at the leg or torso and it made the character explode into pieces. I can understand this for attack helicopter bullets or grenades/missles...I can even understand an exploding head when hit in the head (which would be quite cool), but exploding body when hitting the leg doesn't seem too realistic...

Otherwise superb addon...

I love the effects on this mod. But i hate the ugly radiobackpacket on the soldiers. cant make something to hide it? only in the inventory but not visble.

And second: Change the name when you drag people so it don´t say: get out, go to back seat and so.

But other wise great mod =)

Edited by Bushidozeb

This mod is great, exactly what I have been looking for, however I have picked it apart since it is modular, taking out what I don't like and what I disagree with.

However, I can't find out what is linked to the new stance change set up, myself and my friends on my server disagree with having prone to stand locked, so does anyone know which .pbo deals with this? Or is it included in another bigger file?

In the SLX_Wounds.pbo what can be edited to make it gib easier like if shot by hi-cal rifle?

I would love to see more... Muhuhahaha!

If you have a dead guy in a vehicle, the blood effect keeps pouring out onto the floor underneath, it doesn't look too good. Can the effect from the vehicle be removed?

I fixed the combat mode changes for wounded people in vehicles so you don't say stuff, and I'm going to raise the tanks armor and total hitpoints so that sabot hits will disable the tank section that is hit and allow crew in the non hit section to survive without being seriously wounded all the time. The sabot hits have little impact on the total hitpoints so tanks can a lot of sectional hits and not turn black, but if the engine or hull is destroyed the tank will turn black and probably burst into flames. And when tanks do get totally destroyed they will have smoke puffs to hide the change to the blackened model.

Muahaha: Thanks for spotting those! I'll see what I can do. I think the AIs shooting at the walls is a bug in regular ArmA 2.

p75: Could you please explain more of the situation? Was it a 7.62mm or a .50 caliber? Where did you shoot? What range?

Bushidozeb: The radio could be configured in the settings, but I would need to add a new settings file.

felldian: The prone to stand is in SLX_Anim_SteepLying.pbo, it allows lying down on steep surfaces by removing the prone to stand key action, but you can still use the stance down key action to stand up. If you want to use it you can change to using the stance up and down actions instead of the direct stance actions in the key setup.

INVICTUS: You can search for these two lines in SLX_Wounds.pbo\s\SLX_Wounds.sqs and change the 5 to a lower number.

if( ((abs (_velocity select 0)+abs (_velocity select 1)+abs (_velocity select 2))<9) || ((_unit getVariable "SLX_HitDmg")<5) )then{if(damage _unit==1)then{_2ndOnly=True} else {goto "end"}}

?((_unit getVariable "SLX_HitDmg")>5):goto "DoGib"

Lunatic: Sure.

Edited by Solus

Really liking the SLX mod. On my Dedi Server I get this error while in mission after start.

Can not play this mission........ missing SLX_Modweapons_sounds.

However mod pbo is present.

??

Any one else having an issue where when you get killed the game just kinda sits there for several minutes? If I let it sit long enough the screen turns blood red for another few minutes then finally I can exit / respawn / change my options what ever.

(can't pull up menu to exit game or any thing only alf+f4 gets me out)

Any one else having an issue where when you get killed the game just kinda sits there for several minutes? If I let it sit long enough the screen turns blood red for another few minutes then finally I can exit / respawn / change my options what ever.

(can't pull up menu to exit game or any thing only alf+f4 gets me out)

I got exactly the same issue sometimes :<

So how does this work if you want to run it on a server? Is this like a server-sides mod where the server has it and players who don't get it streamed to their client machine? Or what happens if this mod is allowed on a server and some clients have it installed and others not? Maybe they are dumb question but I'm probably not experienced enough using mods with the ArmA series.

Hm, I just got a weird occurence where the AI soldiers somehow get in into civilian vehicles spawned by ALICE/SILVIE... dont know exactly how they get in there, just noticed in a middle of a firefight. is that intended?

The AI seem handle very well with this mod and I am impressed with your work solus. However there are a few things I found which could be changed.

1] Every now and then the ai go into hold fire mode. Dont know if this is intended but its a major bugbear when I cant command effectively my own squad members.

2] The wounding system is very nice but in one situation I was wounded and my own squad medic didnt come to heal me even when requested. Though in hindsight the other 5 members of my team did clear the area of vastly superior numbers without loss (Thumbs up on that point).

Which PBO do I remove to get rid of the dragging wounded members thing as at the moment I find the first aid module sufficient for this task.

Overall awesome work buddy your time and effort is very much appreciated.