Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Isn't this supposed to be a discussion about the beta patches? What's all this bickering over armaments and real life versus the game? What has it got to do with patches? Any MODS care to clean up this thread so it contains relevant information only?

Isn't this supposed to be a discussion about the beta patches? What's all this bickering over armaments and real life versus the game? What has it got to do with patches? Any MODS care to clean up this thread so it contains relevant information only?

I second that.

This says that the cobra can carry AIM9s, and here is a picture of it doing so. Or do you mean that the Cobra can carry A-A Missiles, but doesn't in active service?

Yes, you're right.

They have the capability in theory. And maybe also tested too.

But they are not in use/service! There is no Apache/Cobra/Ka-50 in service that are using A-A Weapons. And that is the difference.

Discussing correct content is relevant in beta patches too.(my 2 cent)

But if any mod is in another position, please move it to the correct thread and do not simply delete it. :)

Edited by Duke49th

Yes, you're right.

They have the capability in theory. And maybe also tested too.

But they are not in use/service! There is no Apache/Cobra/Ka-50 in service that are using A-A Weapons. And that is the difference.

But if any mod is in another position, please move it to the correct thread and do not simply delete it. :)

While I don't like feeding trolls and I also don't like pulling the "I was in the military and thus have a slightly more valid point" im gonna pull both.

The AH-1z can and will use Aim 9s as a form of self defense weapon when running into enemy air assets. The reason TODAY we don't equip them with AA is because, what air are we gonna run into in todays current conflicts? Thats the whole reason they are NOT on them right now, because they would serve no purpose.

But if tomorrow we went to war with Iran who has air craft, we would damn well be putting those Aim 9s on the cobras because they might run into Iran's AH-1s and we would want to shoot them down before they got a chance to attack.

Its all about equipping for your current situation. They don't have them now because they don't need to. But depending on who we are at war with tomorrow, we may just start slapping them on.

I agree with your point, but now it's not the right time to discuss such a detail. There are so many other problems, which should be fixed first.

It's not THAT important to have correct vehicles in the game. They fly, they drive, they can shoot.

I think it's not really bothering, if a UAZ has a rocket launcher on his top, facing the issue, that the AI is driving repeatedly against a tree or can't turn left or right properly at a road junction.

I don't care about Cobras with AA weapons that fly themselves to death cause they are hitting the trees while flying too low.

how on earth can anyone honestly think such things.

no one cares if 'you' dont think its important for the AI to be accurate because 'you' dont use it. thats nice, but dont suggest its not important. accurate AI is a HUGE part of arma 2. not everyone wants to just start a multiplayer death match and collect more killpoints all the time.

no one cares if 'you' dont think its important for the AI to be accurate because 'you' dont use it. thats nice, but dont suggest its not important. accurate AI is a HUGE part of arma 2. not everyone wants to just start a multiplayer death match and collect more killpoints all the time.

Amen for sure to that...;)

And off topic I know but I sure get sick and tired of the kids on forums using pseudo military speak while spouting of their "wealth of knowledge" about the various weapons systems and armaments with the inevitable opposing point of view from some other kid. Gawd - give it a rest.Few of us care and those that really know and use the systems simply don't think it's worth their time to bother replying.

IRL the guy with the gun on the front line only hopes that when he pulls the trigger/hits the FIRE button , something comes out the other end and hits what he was aiming for. :p

Right now the patches should be addressing the TECHNICAL problems with the game , not the content.

Edited by BeerHunter

I did not say anything other than that.

(If you weren't replying to my post, just ignore this one ;) )

Let nothing compared with the AI which can not normally drive, but it is also because you can fix it. After all nachalnoy version everything was normal.

Ja das ist eine kleinichkaeit, aber das kann man auch korigiren neben bei. In die 1.2 v. hat funktionirt. Das ist keine frage von realismus, sonder korektur das was patch zestört hat.

So back to beta patches, it seams the changelog has stopped progressing at all.

Is this the end of Arma2 updates ?

Which changelog ? I bet i am missing something.

On the beta patch page, to the right of the download link it gives you a log of what has been fixed, i had a quick look and it seams it is the exact same one i read a while back.

IIRC the last thing i remember being "done" was the matrox triplehead display thing (might have missed something)

I don't remember which build numbers they are, i just tend to pop in from time to time, checking on an progress with the betas, so i know what to expect from the proper release patch (i don't use the betas myself)

This isn't the end of updates. They are just taking a break I'm sure or working on one as we speak.

On the beta patch page, to the right of the download link it gives you a log of what has been fixed, i had a quick look and it seams it is the exact same one i read a while back.

IIRC the last thing i remember being "done" was the matrox triplehead display thing (might have missed something)

I don't remember which build numbers they are, i just tend to pop in from time to time, checking on an progress with the betas, so i know what to expect from the proper release patch (i don't use the betas myself)

There's probably fixes that are too minor to be written in the log (and it would consume additional time).

no.... Odd you would even say that. Or am i feeding a troll?

no.... Odd you would even say that. Or am i feeding a troll?

Simple question gets attacked, nice work, unless this is reverse psychology and you are in the troll looking for feeding ?

Simple question gets attacked, nice work, unless this is reverse psychology and you are in the troll looking for feeding ?

You just did the same thing... are you perhaps the troll looking for feeding? ... (I guess we could go on like this forever ;)).

Anyway, the "simple question" was far from reasonable. Yeah, there has been no new beta/changelog for just over three weeks. So what? The delay between patch 1.02 and 1.03 was longer than that and there hasn't even been a new patch incorporating the latest beta improvements yet. Not to forget that BIS generally doesn't stop supporting their games after only a few months.

And as if to drive home my point, the Arma2 Linux server was just released. :)

EDIT: Also, a new beta was just released! Yayz!

Edited by MadDogX

New? I just got an e-mail through a notification system that one forum member over here created, but isn't the version number still the same? I'm confused.

(I kept 1.04.59210 due to performance reasons, so I'm kinda confused if the latest one is really like.. new?)

Hit me with a baseball bat please. The version number really is new, I'm just an idiot.

New? I just got an e-mail through a notification system that one forum member over here created, but isn't the version number still the same? I'm confused.

(I kept 1.04.59210 due to performance reasons, so I'm kinda confused if the latest one is really like.. new?)

I got that 2: New ARMA2 Beta Patch 59833 Available!

But its not.

Someone please post the new stuff from the changelog. I can't access it at work. :)

I got that 2: New ARMA2 Beta Patch 59833 Available!

But its not.

Actually, seems like it's avalibile by now, but under the build number 59323.

59323 changelog here (nothing new logged though):

(current patch candidate)

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

[59279] Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).

[59088] Mouse lag can caused by GPU render ahead buffer be limited using GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N in ArmA2.cfg.

[59047] Fix: When player was a helicopter pilot, the AI gunner sometimes had no weapon selected on mission start

[59030] Fix: Helicopters - when manual fire on, do not allow AI gunner to switch weapons

[59002] Fixed: Soldier were walking on non-existant heaps of debris from destroyed buildings.

[58998] Fixed: Autocoordination caused rudder oscillation in high speed flight.

[58990] Fixed: Crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.

[58972] Hotfix: Possible crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.

[58961] Fixed: Immortal freezed soldiers occured in MP.

[58943] New: Added mouse smoothing to game options

[58931] Fixed: Broken kill scoring in MP (two points for unit kill).

[58924] Fixed: Input key actions are no longer active while chat mode.

[58901] Fixed: Diag_log used with long text argument caused crash.

[58897] New: Enabled multiple parameters for MP mission.

[58873] Mouse filtering strenght adjustable using mouseSmoothing=NNNN in user config.

[58868] Fixed: Mouse scrolling in diary.

[58837] Mouse smoothing disabled for fast movement.

[58831] Mouse smoothing can be disabled in user profile file using line mouseSmoothing=0;

[58816] Fixed: Enemy kills made by player using stolen enemy vehicle are no longer considered as friendly kills.

[58806] Fixed: Switching to Utes from Chernarus caused Utes to contain infinite landscape.

[58798] Fixed: Time of day synchronized on client after connection to server.

[58789] Command line argument -cpuCount=NNN to override cpu count detection.

[58730] Fixed: Simulate speed of sound

[58728] Fixed: fire from rifle distort sound

[58705] Fixed: Crash by malformed input to a diag_log scripting function.

[58702] Fixed: Muzzle flash was seen dark in some weapon optics.

[58699] Improved: Audio volume settings

[58667] Fixed: MP: Ships and boats used excessive bandwidth and CPU power.

[58655] Fixed: Players are no longer forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.

[58644] Fixed: bike rider can be no longer healed

[58626] Known issue: Players are forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.

[58609] Fixed: no particles effect when hit object with destructNo

[58601] Fixed: Player connected to loaded game was sometimes frozen.

[58590] Fixed: Game crashed when launched on a system with more then 8 CPUs/cores.

[58580] Fixed: Possible crash with laser designator active.

[58571] Fixed: Sometimes crew of a near vehicle was visible through the vehicle.

[58552] Fixed: Infinite looping of commands 'Stop' in radio.

[58537] Fixed: Leaning 'limits' do not work in TrackIR

[58536] Fixed: Clients were often endlessly stuck in 'Receiving...' window after MP Load.

[58495] Improved building destruction

[58488] New: Functions getPosATL and setPosATL to allow controlling position relative to terrain.

[58487] Fixed: Rainbow could be visible even with sun below horizon.

[58481] New: command line option -showScriptErrors introduced to show errors in scripts on-screen

[58472] Fixed: missiles should pass through vegetation

[58414] Fix: 3D editor - civilian and resistance units did not work correctly

[58405] Fixed: grenades may explode only on the final impact

[58405] Fixed: when a grenade bounces on a ship deck, the proper particle effects is shown now

[58357] Improved: Better airplane HUD visibility both night and day

[58349] New: Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

[58305] Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

[58291] Improved: better handling of gravitation for shots (esp. for grenades)

[58251] Fixed: Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

[58245] Fixed: terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

[58240] Fixed: grenade could destroy a building just by impact

[58237] Fixed: Radio messages sometimes echoed

[58212] Fixed - Team switch did not work when player died

[58207] New: More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

[58199] Fixed: Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

[58190] Fixed: Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

Patch 1.02

[58147] MP - when unit is respawned, its tasks, diary content and skills are transferred to the new entity