Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

A long time ago, I created a scripted camera fly-through of Chernogorsk which shows you your average FPS at the end. You can find it at dev-heaven: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1745. I suggest testing it with and without the new beta.

Actually, it looks like Suma has created a modified version of my script, which you can find if you scroll down to the latest comments on that issue. He also mentions that the performance in towns may still have room for improvement, which is awesome. :)

Oh my god a new patch! And here, I thought the game was dead. ;) :rofl:

Thanks BIS!

Amazing!

With the latest beta i can up the viewdistance from 1800 to 3000, up terrain detail from normal to high and still have much better performance overall. Most obvious when going into the big towns. Before Chernogorsk was lagging and textures was constantly changing, now its silk smooth. Also before my hd was constantly thrashing when in the big towns, now its a kind of "smoother" hd activity going on but no lagging or texture switching. I can even fly a heli into Chernogorsk without stutters and texture problems.

If this is any indication of 1.05 i cant wait!

Thanks BIS. The patch seems to be an excelent one. :)

Woohooo

No more m240 killing t-90 or t-70, if u shoot the main armor there is no damage no matter how many mags u use

If u shoot the tracks or guns or external fuel tanks it will cause damage after 5-6 mags of 100. But u try shoot the gun with every bullet 500 times on battlefield, i did it from 1 metre away on empty tank lol

I also emptied 15 mags into external tanks and they went read after 5-6 mags but never did the tank explode. I guess it means less fuel or something

Now this is awesome, good work BIS

This sounds really good, anybody any idea when official update is planned for release :-)

Do they ever? BIS doesn't announce that kind of thing. Probably sometime by the end of the year I'm assuming though. If I recall correctly, they released a long awaited official patch around Xmas. Damn that was a flood of good releases around that time last year.

Do they ever? BIS doesn't announce that kind of thing. Probably sometime by the end of the year I'm assuming though. If I recall correctly, they released a long awaited official patch around Xmas. Damn that was a flood of good releases around that time last year.

So far they've released a patch for Arma2 approximately once a month (on average). An official patch is overdue by now, especially since this one is fixing some very important issues.

LOL your right, anyway im used ro waiting like this after all these years:)

don't be so happy, still there are a lot of work to do (AI, sound positioning system, damn FLARES for air units). anyway, good job, BIS(=

I encountered a strange animation bug when throwing grenades, seems to be a byproduct of the new animation changes.

ArmA2_1.jpg

Edit:

don't be so happy, still there are a lot of work to do (AI, sound positioning system, damn FLARES for air units). anyway, good job, BIS(=

Well, this patch fixed many things that people have been asking for, for a long time. So yes, we can be quite happy with it. It is an awesome patch.

Edited by Zipper5

Great to hear some positive performance feedback! Installing mine now!

I have a faviourite area to test performance in the main city (cant remeber how to spell it!).... I basically position the camera in this one spot with some town name engraved.

In 1.03 I used to get about 33fps, then I got 39 in the 2nd last beta... the last beta gave me only 37fps so it seemed to lower the perf.

I'm gonna see how this does :)

EDIT: Well I'm now getting 38fps so it seems to be similar to the last beta patch, and less than the 3rd last one!

However there is a HUGE speed increase in texture loading.... no more stuttering and textures poping in and out of view.... very good!

Yapa

Edited by Yapab

i7 and 295 GTX very poor performance ~20fps [1680x1050, all settings middle, 1200vd], keeps crashing (now with blue screen).

q6600 and 8800ultra runs perfect without any lag at 1680x1050, all very High, 4500vd.

Thanks for the patch!

[59842] Reduced town/village stutter (fixed streaming of textures used by Super shader).
Will take a look if this helps with my fps issue's:

@Zipper5: O M G the world is going down!!!

Edit: Not really a fps tweak. But I have constant >10fps in a city in mp with warfare. :D And the ugly lod switches and texture reloading seems to be 95% reduced. (But I also have a new hard drive...)

Edited by Duke49th

I have no other betas loaded (removed them before 1.04 official install). All betas ive used before and all has been fine.

Ive installed this latest beta and I get this error on load :

"No Entry '.profilePathDefault'.

Then it bombs to desktop.

Running it as :

"(drive):\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe"

I notice there's an update listed about an addition config entry introduced

[59088] Mouse lag can caused by GPU render ahead buffer be limited using GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N in ArmA2.cfg.

, is this trying to re write my config but having problems?

I run normal icon using standard 1.04 exe out of the beta folder and all is running fine so config is all ok.

Any pointers? What am I missing?

Edited by mrcash2009

Are you 100% sure you've got \ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta in that shortcut?

edit: well your shortcut is pointing to the beta folder, but missing the -mod=beta param :)

I've got worse performance with latest beta. In villages/cities I have 18-21 fps, without beta 22-35 fps, so I'm still confused :(

IGNORE - FIXED ... im an idiot. "Start in" path was looking at beta and needs to be the standard folder ... totaly missed it.

Edited by mrcash2009

Wow, I had high hopes when I read the change log but after playing for two minutes I realised it's unplayable now. Stuttering everywhere, Including at the main menu. Annoying since it's fixed a few things this time round and the game has always run well for me 90% of the time.

I think the grass layer only hides proned character. Standing up and crouching character, they seem to be 'standing' on the grass layer. The feet should at least be hidden also... Does anyone have this also?

If you haven't already, try checking if you got ArmA2.cfg in ArmA2 folder in your Documents. If you do, try deleting it and start ArmA2, it should create a new one (You'll probably have to change some of the Video Options ingame to your likings again).

edit: I had one arma2.cfg in my beta folder also, but that was back with 59210.. On 59857 I don't have it there :butbut:

Edited by Cole

I dunno whats wrong I cant even get it to work keep getting

"Error compiling pixel shader pssssMSpecularAlpha:1" then CTD