Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

@[TwK]Danny: Perhabs you should reduce the view distance. The texture quality hasn't that big impact on fps. view distance and object density are the true performance killers.

But in the end you're right, the performance is far from beeing ok.

Originally Posted by randir14 View Post

Btw who is the girl in your avatar picture?

I belive her name is Reon Kadena. And no...I don't have her number. :)

Nope, it's not:)

The girl from my Profile Picture is Reon Kadena. But not my regular Avatar Picture.

Okay, now I'm quit with Off-topic...before Placebo or Wolle kills me:D

Edit: Hey, where is the new (Beta) Patch? I know you guys from BIS have no more pressure because of the lack of a serious rivalry. But we still need patches...no time for holiday ;)

Edited by Duke49th

Edit: Hey, where is the new (Beta) Patch? I know you guys from BIS have no more pressure because of the lack of a serious rivalry. But we still need patches...no time for holiday ;)

The current changelog says it's a patch candidate, so my guess would be that the silence is due to them preparing 1.05 final and we won't see any more betas until that's out.

Stop keep asking when the patch is ready, it will be release when they are ready, and thats all you need to know

The current changelog says it's a patch candidate, so my guess would be that the silence is due to them preparing 1.05 final and we won't see any more betas until that's out.

Many issues on the bugtracker have as target release version 1.05 BETA / 1.05 BETA SERVER.

I don't think BIS will release a FINAL patch without prior collecting some feedback through a BETA release.

If they do then i am missing the whole point of the beta program ;)

How to release a beta patch if its no longer compatible?

How to release a beta patch if its no longer compatible?

That was standard for A1 ;)

Seriously, I see no reason why a new beta patch shouldn't have a new higher version number. If it isn't compatible to 1.04 anymore but helps testing changes, release it as 1.05(beta).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

DE Hallo! In Ka-52-Raketen sollen auch die luftziele abschießen können. Die Erkännung von Landzielen soll mindestens auf 2000 meter möglich sein.

Hi! The Ka-52 missiles will be able to shoot down air targets. The Erkännung of land targets at 2000 meters should be at least possible.

Sory for my eng)).

DE Hallo! In Ka-52-Raketen sollen auch die luftziele abschießen können. Die Erkännung von Landzielen soll mindestens auf 2000 meter möglich sein.

Hi! The Ka-52 missiles will be able to shoot down air targets. The Erkännung of land targets at 2000 meters should be at least possible.

Sory for my eng)).

Um... Could you take that in english?

Tophe - you see, second paragraph was a translation of the first.

@Dimon: Please mark your translations as translations to avoid irritations. Or better better use bad English instead of German.

With "Erkännung" he meant "Erkennung" and that means: detection/recognition ...

On topic:

I remember this was so in Armed Assault ..... and was critized by some cogamers for being not realistic. There is a thread about that ... dunno where, but there is. ;-)

Edited by Herbal Influence

That was'nt even good german!

It meant "Erkennung", but the right expression is "Zielauffassung" -target aquisition...and 2000m is much to short.

Edited by Beagle

That was'nt even good german!

It meant "Erkennung", but the right expression is "Zielauffassung" -target aquisition...and 2000m is much to short.

Oops, sorry, sure you're right.

Just a minute ago I edited my post concerning your first point. Didn't see yours before, for it was on next page.

Cobra has 2 Stinger. and what is with KA-52?

KA-52 have modern locator system, so he see target much further away, AT rocket can shoot up to 8-10 km, so making it blind to 2km pointless, i did`t make any test but i think in game that featurest downgrade... wich make him not a lot different from MI-28

I realy dont want to sound smart ass, but its ZielERfassung -Target acquisition.

but we all got what you guys meant i think :-)

For me the betas runn pretty good, i have no real probs, that keep me from playing.

however, the flickering texture issue, dose bother me somewhat.

if a fix could come from Nvidia,( because i thingk its more an nvidia problem, then a BIS problem ) that would be great

@BIS , keep it up the beta program is fantastic, and the progress is good:-)

a big thanx from Switzerland :-)

Edited by markushaze
spelling

Arma 2 is a simulator and here is some info about Vikhr missile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K121_Vikhr

"The missile is designed to engage vital ground targets, including armoured targets fitted out with built in and add-on explosive reactive armor, at a range of up to 8 km when fired from a helicopter and 10 km when fired from a fixed wing aircraft in daytime and up to 5 km at night, as well as air targets in conditions of air defense assets activity."

And as i know ,vikhr also flies above speed of sound 600m/s, Mach 1.8 :) Great wepon of destruction ,wich is made by Russian engineers. There is also 2 things i miss in Arma Mi-28 helicopter and some tank modifications , T-72 is no longer in service ,T-80 is still in service and it`s also main battle tank same as T-90 russia just have 2 main battle tans T-80 and T-90.

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Been a while since we had a beta build...wonder if it's safe to assume that the next one will address some fairly major problems (ie optimization , AI etc. ?).

Yes quite a long time... we've already finished OFP:DR COOP and it was FUN, but not as good and in depth as ARMA2 ofcourse.

Would be nice to see some more activity, hopefully they arent relaxing since OFP:DR is not really a competitor to ARMA2 for PC gamers.

Yapa

i hope so, i'm tried of tweaks man, two hard drives, move pagefile, RamDrive, tweak mods, uninstall/reinstall OS.

Cobra has 2 Stinger. and what is with KA-52?

In RL the Cobra have no A-A weapons. Same for Ah-64.

Do not take the Wikipedia as reference.;)

The Vikhr have low A-A capabillity. It is designed for A-G but can be used for slow aircrafts.

The Vikhr have low A-A capabillity. It is designed for A-G but can be used for slow aircrafts.

This says that the cobra can carry AIM9s, and here is a picture of it doing so. Or do you mean that the Cobra can carry A-A Missiles, but doesn't in active service?

They never fire them in anger doesnt mean that they cant use them

however, the flickering texture issue, dose bother me somewhat.

if a fix could come from Nvidia,( because i thingk its more an nvidia problem, then a BIS problem ) that would be great

I've tested and seen this flickering textures (a.k.a Z-fighting) on ATI/AMD HW as well so my guess is that it's a ArmA/ArmA II engine thing but hopefully things can be improved to make it less an issue...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

They never fire them in anger doesnt mean that they cant use them
The point is they wont waste the space to have A to A. If they would have to fight air to air they dont go up, they dont fly. You will never see them fight Air to air. Thats what jets are for.