Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

huge performancedrop with newest build_59323:

fps in intro screen:

build 59210: 75fps

build 59323: 47fps

Yes. And im sure thats because of the water.

Patch 59323.

Reporting terrible popping up of textures, flashing and serious decrease in FPS.

Sounds still not fixed? At least that's what it appears like to me.

Patch 59323.

Reporting terrible popping up of textures, flashing and serious decrease in FPS.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -maxmem=2047

you need the "-mod=beta" in the string.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Yes. And im sure thats because of the water.
chk with your AF on off to VH.

looking to berezino in editor as an infantry (no water) the performance drop is less huge but noticable. From 40fps to 37fps.

Are you guys sure the water problem started with the beta? Because it started happening to me with the normal 1.4 patch.

Haven't installed the latest beta yet but why do you guys have FPS drops? Doesn't the new patch just have:

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

[59279] Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).

???

Does the beta change the muzzle flash somehow? It doesnt really switch texture (rotating flashes) but rather something like flickering muzzle flash. it looked kinda okay'ish though...

or it was a mod I'm using. dont know for sure

Haven't installed the latest beta yet but why do you guys have FPS drops? Doesn't the new patch just have:

[59279] Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).

???

I dont know for a 100% certainty, but do you really think it takes 39 builds to implement the TH2G resolutions? i.e. id imagine other things have been changed.

???

Maybe you missed that little detail that only some changes are logged. BIS are making changes that isnt in the changelog. This is old news.

Flying over the sea drags my performance down heavily in the latest patch - but no patch before it.

And no, im not schizophrenic or suffering from any other reality bending condition. I only want to give stats on my beta testing so BIS get some info.

ANother thing I noticed about the AI, no more walking through fences in combat. But they dont go over it either... I guess thats an improvement (the no walk through fences that is)

also it seems a bit sharper...? not counting the sea view, its maybe 1 or 2 fps less...

I also notice performance drop over sea too AF on very high

Ok I just tested and I'm getting an enormous FPS drop. I tested on Utes and the bad FPS was all over the island, not just the water. AF is on normal.

ANother thing I noticed about the AI, no more walking through fences in combat. But they dont go over it either... I guess thats an improvement (the no walk through fences that is)

Nice find.

Despite the complete lack of info in the changelog i had the impression too the AI was somewhat tweaked in the latest build ...

Major drop in performance since last beta. Some flashing textures and freezing. :mad:

8800GT/E6600/Vista/4Gb.

I really like the reworked steering of the wheeled vehicles. After OFP1 this is the first time they are really controllable by mouse and keyboard again.

Editor placed waypoints does not work anymore on a dedicated server with Build_59323.

Infantry mostly does not move anymore. Cars are driving very slow or are driving in a stop-and-go style.

With the dedicated server Build_59210, and earlier versions, the waypoints work fine.

• complete changelog
    I'd really prefer if the changelog would be complete, no matter how small the changes were. It's cumbersome to check all the reports over at the Community Issue Tracker and see if things got fixed or not...
    (the usual mod request over there is: Needs feedback, will expire on due date if none given..... yeah sure. I'm not willing to check if things possibly got fixed or not after every beta patch. On the other hand, I'd be willing to do that, if such a bug/topic would be mentioned in the changelog.).
  • a new thread per beta patch
    Second, this thread sucks big time because it's one big mess. I'd suggest to open a new thread for every new beta patch there is. One complete changelog per patch set's the threads (on)-topics. Anything not mentioned in the changelog should be offtopic, unless there are new problems which need to be mentioned.

Agree with both your points Ruebe, especially the first one. I'm happy to spend time in verifying that issues have been fixed but it doesn't make sense to do so unless there is some reason to think that they have been addressed.

Edited by sbsmac

• complete changelog
    i'd really prefer if the changelog would be complete, no matter how small the changes were. It's cumbersome to check all the reports over at the community issue tracker and see if things got fixed or not...
    (the usual mod request over there is: needs feedback, will expire on due date if none given..... Yeah sure. I'm not willing to check if things possibly got fixed or not after every beta patch. On the other hand, i'd be willing to do that, if such a bug/topic would be mentioned in the changelog.).
  • a new thread per beta patch
    second, this thread sucks big time because it's one big mess. I'd suggest to open a new thread for every new beta patch there is. One complete changelog per patch set's the threads (on)-topics. Anything not mentioned in the changelog should be offtopic, unless there are new problems which need to be mentioned.

+1

/kc

I want a complete changelog too, because there seem to be changes that aren't logged and that's just counter productive sometimes. Really.