Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Hmm ... i am wondering WHEN some of the most voted issues listed onto the bugtracker will be finally fixed.

Many issues are sitting there by months already.

Now we get fixed tripleHead, game fix for >8gb RAM, hardcore mouse settings ... great for the masses ;).

What about AI, PERFORMANCE and GAMEPLAY fixes ? What about CAMPAIGN bugs (Manhattan anyone?) ?

Can we get a list of BIS priorities ? I'm starting to be quite concerned about them :(.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Hmm ... i am wondering WHEN some of the most voted issues listed onto the bugtracker will be finally fixed.

Many issues are sitting there by months already.

Now we get fixed tripleHead, game fix for >8gb RAM, hardcore mouse settings ... great for the masses ;).

What about AI, PERFORMANCE and GAMEPLAY fixes ? What about CAMPAIGN bugs (Manhattan anyone?) ?

Can we get a list of BIS priorities ? I'm starting to be quite concerned about them :(.

BIS is working on Operation Arrowhead...:butbut:

I mean those under the forum nick. Like i have now gunnery sergeant etc. ;)

I don't remember we had those before.

Interesting, I hope it will be useful ingame XD

Anyone else having problems when installing these beta patches?

The beta patches before 1.4 worked fine but now when I try to install the new ones, it says that I don't have 1.4 installed (I have installed it).

Anyone else having problems when installing these beta patches?

The beta patches before 1.4 worked fine but now when I try to install the new ones, it says that I don't have 1.4 installed (I have installed it).

Delete the old beta folder and try again.

beta 59210 compared to full v1.04.59026 - about the same result using Arma2Mark.

beta 59323 compared to beta 59210 (with same settings and drivers):

Dunno what has changed but in Arma2mark I got a drop of ~6% in total.

Most noticable was the first test "UAV race", drop ~15% in average fps.

The next full patch needs to include some major performance and gameplay fixes. Dragon Rising is out next week so ArmA 2 needs to do something to keep players.

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

WOW the 3 people in the world who use TH2Go are gunna be so happy now. The rest of us are really happy for them!

No need to be sarcastic. It was probably a quick fix, and patches are made with both small and large fixes.

The next full patch needs to include some major performance and gameplay fixes. Dragon Rising is out next week so ArmA 2 needs to do something to keep players.

I wouldn't be too optimistic for the new AI abilities need cpu a lot.

And I like it.

I wouldn't like BI to go beyond again.

And for Dragon Rising (I deny to call it "OFP") news of today was, that it will have no dedicated server hosting, meaning you can only play with certain friends.

And last not least, I cite whisper:

Well, the amount of MP letdown and limitations (compared to original OFP) is going to make it a no go for me.

If you want to compare to ArmA :

- ArmA doesn't have a 4 players coop limitation

- ArmA doesn't have a 32 players PvP limitation

- ArmA doesn't have a 275m tether limitation

- ArmA doesn't have a 2x2km zone limit

- ArmA isn't limited to 3 pre-built MP game modes

- ArmA isn't limited to only 63 "entities" live maximum

CM lost the freedom of OFP, completely.

Edited by Herbal Influence

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

WOW the 3 people in the world who use TH2Go are gunna be so happy now. The rest of us are really happy for them!

You do realize all that probably means is a bunch of numbers was added to the options? Not exactly a month worth task occupying 15 programmers...

Is it just me or did the lod loading times go down in this latest patch?

Also the ai is definately a lot better?

Don't make me laugh.

I'll buy Dragon Rising and probably enjoy it, but I have no hopes for anything even remotely near the scope and size of ArmA2. DR is glorified free roaming COD.

I'd gladly trade Dragon Rising release for 20-25% ArmA 2 performance improvement.

Don't make me laugh.

I'll buy Dragon Rising and probably enjoy it, but I have no hopes for anything even remotely near the scope and size of ArmA2. DR is glorified free roaming COD.

I'd gladly trade Dragon Rising release for 20-25% ArmA 2 performance improvement.

You know that and I know that, but there have been plenty of posts from people who have given up on ArmA 2 because of bugs and performance problems. I only want ArmA 2 to succeed, I don't want Dragon Rising to attract people away from an already small community.

Well, they better get these bugs sorted out soon 'cause I hear a new version of Tetris is coming out on the iPhone soon and at this rate . . . .

Anyways... The triple-head fix is obviously just a test/hotfix and obviously not what all the programmers were working on. If 14 programmers are working on code for some new fixes and one programmer comes forward saying "Hey, I fixed to triple-head issue", they're not going to say "alright, let's release a beta with that and everything else we've been working on even though the coding is incomplete just because one thing is read"

Also good to note that not all fixes are listed, hence why some people are seeing performance improvements and some are seeing AI changes.

Well i think most of the people are experiencing like you say "ass feel" performance increasing.

I really don't think any of these patches after 1.02 have increased performance...

With Version 59323 the Dedicated Server has high CPU load even if there is no runnung map.

Two servers run on i7 920@2,8GHz. 2 cores for each server.

I start it as service on Win2008.

Anybody with the same issue?

Only the two ArmA2 Servers are running without an open map here.

issue with one core being loaded more than should on dedicated server is known and will be fixed in upcoming build

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Well, they better get these bugs sorted out soon 'cause I hear a new version of Tetris is coming out on the iPhone soon and at this rate . . . .

Anyways... The triple-head fix is obviously just a test/hotfix and obviously not what all the programmers were working on. If 14 programmers are working on code for some new fixes and one programmer comes forward saying "Hey, I fixed to triple-head issue", they're not going to say "alright, let's release a beta with that and everything else we've been working on even though the coding is incomplete just because one thing is read"

Also good to note that not all fixes are listed, hence why some people are seeing performance improvements and some are seeing AI changes.

not to mention it would automatically fix owners of HD5xxx cards with AMD EyeFinity running 3 or more monitors ...

You do realize all that probably means is a bunch of numbers was added to the options? Not exactly a month worth task occupying 15 programmers...

You're obviously right, but fixing such "tiny" thing makes me worried if BiS took seriously all community notes. I prefer big and necessary fixes rather than small bugs showed for probably 0.001% gamers. BiS should focus these few extra hours on performance fix.

Ok i found something that drags the performance down - on my system at least. I tested flying on Utes with a harrier with nothing on the map but me in my jet. That normally is pure smooth with no lag at all. When i flew over the island it was as usual, but when i came out over the sea (looking at the sea) i lagged a lot. Tested this a lot now without addons, fresh start and all that, and it is a fact.

Flying over the sea in any previous build of ARMA2 was always like a haven - no lag at all - but now i see a pretty huge drop at least if i compare to before where the sea didnt do anything to my performance.

Over land however i experience the same performance as before - wich is pretty good. It can always be better, but its good to me. The sea however BIS either did something to or its an indirect effect of changing something else.

PS. I dont know wich patch fixed the hay-thingys, but good work BIS! We can drive over those fields with tanks without getting stopped by hay. :)

Alex

I don't know if it's only me, but I've noticed that when running latest build 59323 all 4 cores are at 60-70 load all the time. Might be windows 7 tho (I upgraded recently from Vista). No noticeable performance gains.

huge performancedrop with newest build_59323:

fps in intro screen:

build 59210: 75fps

build 59323: 47fps

I don't want Dragon Rising to attract people away from an already small community.

LOL ArmA 2 won't lose any milsim dedicated fans to Dragon Rising, if that was the case they would already have left for BF2 ;)