Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

well im able to join 1.04 servers without any problems.

That doesn't mean you aren't running the beta. As I said, check the main menu.

Does not work here. With 1.03 beta exe I am unable to join 1.04 servers - which was to

be expected.

I'm using 1.04 with last beta exec, just because I prefer launching game w/o DVD which makes too much noise and could get scratched

Same here, can't be bothered waiting for a 1.04 crack...

Using the beta's you can run ARMA2 without Steam too. (For Steam owners)

Can someone upload a last beta exe, because when I want to install last beta it says that version 1.04 is more recent than 1.03.

Can someone upload a last beta exe, because when I want to install last beta it says that version 1.04 is more recent than 1.03.

Now why would it say 1.04 is more recent than 1.03....

What are they thinking!!! :rolleyes: :cool:

I know what they are thinking. I just one to explain why I need beta exec. Ty some kind of guy!

I suspect all this talk of using the beta exe's to defeat the copy protection will likely see the end of such Beta's being released in the future - at least that's how I would feel if I was BI!

Or maybe they'll realize that SecuRom 7 doesn't do anything except for inconvenience people so they should just remove it altogether and save us the trouble? That's how I would feel if I was BI!

I suspect all this talk of using the beta exe's to defeat the copy protection will likely see the end of such Beta's being released in the future - at least that's how I would feel if I was BI!

Oddly enough I was thinking exactly the same thing and it would be a shame but really , the patches usually don't contain all the new content and fixes that come with the final patch and you can't go online to play (AFAIK) unless you install the complete official patch.

The reason I didn't install the 1.04 patch is because the vast majority of it addressed MP , which I don't do , so it was a toss up.

Update for MP and go back to having to find the disc every time I wanted to play or stick with the beta and no cd benefit.

Had the patches contained anything relevant (ie performance , AI improvements , content etc.) I'd be running 1.04 myself right now , no questions asked.

Or maybe they'll realize that SecuRom 7 doesn't do anything except for inconvenience people so they should just remove it altogether and save us the trouble? That's how I would feel if I was BI!

They will remove CD checks at the very least. They always have after a certain ammount of time. With OFP it was with the last patches, with ArmA it was with 1.14.

Sounds like the DVD is scratched or dirty. I've had similar problems with various CDs/DVDs and cleaning the disk usually does the trick - unless it's scratched beyond repair.

No, it's not, and it's the case since I've got the game.

I've read somewhere that securom likely to produce similar issues on older dvds, but I have the latest firmware installed and I'm not intended to buy a new dvd-drive because of arma only. All the others are fine and I'm able to write dvds correctly as well.

Its not up to Bis , its up to the Publisher/Distributor. Anyhoo i hope for some new betas soon....Or did they all go to Mexico for a few weeks?

...Or did they all go to Mexico for a few weeks?
Europes substitute for "Mexico" is called "Mallorca". :p

[59088] Mouse lag can caused by GPU render ahead buffer be limited using GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N in ArmA2.cfg.

[59047] Fix: When player was a helicopter pilot, the AI gunner sometimes had no weapon selected on mission start

[59030] Fix: Helicopters - when manual fire on, do not allow AI gunner to switch weapons

These seem to be the new ones.

Nice.My CD drive which sounds like a washer was allready killing me.:rolleyes:

What i would like now would be that the community can post a bug list,with the most annoying things. So we could vote which are the most important and gamebreaking bugs,which should be fixed fastest.Yea,theres allready the troubleshooting section and list on dev heaven,but like i said,a list with the most gambreaking bugs where people can vote would be good.Dont wanna open a thread for that allready,what do you guys think or..BI?;-)

Wohoo new beta! :)

Himmelsfeuer: what mlenser wrote. Also check my signature and many others. Straight link to the ARMA2 issue tracker.

Time to dive in BETA style!

EDIT: GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N is that not the same as PreRenderedFrames no? Or is it a complement to the latter? I have no clue just checking. I have experimented with the PRF since 1.04 but it never helped. Way too much lag in 1.04 (mouse-lag-ish-something...). Lets see what we can do with this beta.

Alex

Edited by Alex72