Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

would i be right in assumin that the latest beta patch contains all the fixes from the previous betas?

Correct (If you read this thread you couldt have found several answers to this)

DarkPhantom;1437773']Just Wondering if anyone is having problems when exiting the game ?

Since I have being installing the patch since day one and updating every beta patch release I have noticed in this latest patch 59025 is when I exit from the game by pressing exit :rolleyes: it goes straight to a grey screen and freezes :confused:..... only way I can get out of it is to press CTRL ALT Delete and hit Task manager to shut down Arma 2...:j:

The beta patches has improved my game play by 50% so BIS is on the right track with these little fixes.....

Care to write specs of your system? I would imagine the developers would like to see them since it may be computer specific.

Edited by sparks50

Probably should 'unsticky' this thread now as it is now redundant :)

Or a mod could just rename it to "... build: 1.04.5xxxx" and we could wait for the next beta. :)

Why should they stop using the current beta system? It's awesome.

I'm using 1.04 with last beta exec, just because I prefer launching game w/o DVD which makes too much noise and could get scratched

I'm using 1.04 with last beta exec, just because I prefer launching game w/o DVD which makes too much noise and could get scratched

Hows that possible?

For SP it is.

nope you are wrong im able to play SP and MP without the DVD since the beta were rolled out and now that has continued over to 1.4

So there is beta for 1.04 yet?

errm not as far as i know there isnt, im just saying i havent had to use my cd since the 1.3 beta were out and now i still havent need to use my cd on 1.4 patch

If you are using beta exec then ur are not using 1.4.0.59026 exec...

does that not mean ur are still playing beta

the file size is 16404K v 10808K

are u saying that the 6 megs diff is cd check???

I have installed 1.04 patch and I must now use cd....

PS... BTW dunno why windows reports 1.4 and 1.04 at the same time for the same file????

The 1.03 executable was like 1.6 MB as well... Therefore... CD Check/Securom/FADE? is 6 MB...

I stuck with the beta patch too rather than the 1.04 patch and don't have to use the disc.

Noticed that most of the patch fixed MP which I don't do so chose the no disc requirement vs the MP fixes.

Will have to install the 1.04 patch before I can use the 1.05 beta's but that's OK 'cause presumably the 1.05 beta's will be no disc as well.

Dont get why its so hard with the disc?

My ARMA2 disc is in the DVD at all times so i dont even notice when it starts...

My ARMA2 disc is in the DVD at all times so i dont even notice when it starts...

Mine isn't stuck in the drive all the time so it ends up under a pile of papers , back in its case that I may have put back on the shelf , stuck in a drawer or under a pile of papers somewhere. :p

Now i just have to quit my spread sheet app , click on ArmA2 icon and I can be playing in a couple of minutes rather than having to holler.." Honey , have you seen my ArmA2 disc anywhere??" :p:D

To tell the truth: it's doing much noise, and I'm working/playing on my PC when my parents want to sleep ;)

Plus it's still a CD-Check delay.

I hate Suckurom. Didn't even touched "official" exe.

Edited by zGuba

errm not as far as i know there isnt, im just saying i havent had to use my cd since the 1.3 beta were out and now i still havent need to use my cd on 1.4 patch

Look at the version number in the main menu to be sure you're actually running 1.04...

1.04 brought back the disc check for me.

Edited by Maddmatt

Well, you have definitely more luck than me then. My DVD-RW does accept my arma2 DVD only 1 in 10 times. And with every try I need to wait a good 1 minute to learn whether it works or not. It cannot even stay in the drive forever because windows stucks when booting if not able to read it and I have to eject to convince to finish booting up. Lol?

Well, you have definitely more luck than me then. My DVD-RW does accept my arma2 DVD only 1 in 10 times. And with every try I need to wait a good 1 minute to learn whether it works or not. It cannot even stay in the drive forever because windows stucks when booting if not able to read it and I have to eject to convince to finish booting up. Lol?

Sounds like the DVD is scratched or dirty. I've had similar problems with various CDs/DVDs and cleaning the disk usually does the trick - unless it's scratched beyond repair.

Securom, like most/all other dvd copy protections, are known to not work well, or at all,

with some dvd drives.

Quite understandable if you look into what they are doing.