Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

magic=))

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer") - could someone please test this feature (i'm working now):)

Edited by abel

Beta_59857 is up for grabs.
[59842] Reduced town/village stutter (fixed streaming of textures used by Super shader).

[59808] Fixed: DOF in 3D scope view

[59741] Analogue throttle working for helicopters as well.

[59736] Fixed: Startup sounds are not spatial and stick to audio channels

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer")

[59691] Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)

[59668] Improved: Hitpoint can pass only a part of the hit to the total damage (passthrough setting no longer ignored).

[59446] New: IK weapon animations are now blending with primary animations.

[59351] Fixed: VoN direct speaking distance fade out

:eek:

Improved town performance, distant grass layer, analogue throttle for helis. I need some fresh underwear...

The inverse kinematics fix (IK weapon animations) is also good to see. I had noticed occasions when the anims were a bit wonky, for example when going prone from standing stance with certain machine guns.

magic=))

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer") - could someone please test this feature (i'm working now):)

Same here. I reeeaally want to know how this was implemented. :D

Edited by MadDogX

Awesome! Been wanting the grass layer to return since ArmA II's release. Thanks ever so much, BIS! :D

Edit: Holy Hell! When they say that the performance in towns has been improved, they mean it! When I get close to Chernogorsk my game doesn't start to stutter like hell like it used to, it remains perfectly smooth... Wow...

Edited by Zipper5

I dont know what they did, but they did superb job. Chernogorsk is smoothly smooth. :D

[59842] Reduced town/village stutter (fixed streaming of textures used by Super shader).

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Now we're talking BIS!!!

[59691] Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)

This sounds like a damaging threshold, so that tanks can't be destroyed by small arms fire for example. Needs testing I guess. :)

Awesome patch. After the patch using JTD smoke & fire mod don't make arma 2 lag. Even when forests are on fire. :D

Great work BIS !

Sounds unreal. Great work BIS. Will test as soon as i get my butt home. :)

I wanna marry the whole BI crew.

cmon guyz, show us screens with distant grass layer...

Quote by myself "Lots of people (such as http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89278 and most of the other people posting on this thread :p) are becoming impatient,

in this thread Rellikki mentions news, could any mod/dev give us some info on the .59883 build teaser the other day?

Rellikki also mentions "once the time is right" could this mean they're working on a patch till CM release one and then BIS will strike them down with theirs?!? :eek:

tbh i didn't have any issues with the latest build over .210, i'm running the game very smoothly but i'd also be interested to find out what caused that small performance drop over water from 210>323

because all we got in the changelog was this:

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

[59279] Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).

But then again Rellikki also says "Constantly asking for them won't help." so i guess i should stop vergeing btw. on&off-topic"

omg shoot me for being so ignorant, should've just waited 1-2 hours and my questions would have been answered...

amazing work BIS, as always. ;)

Edited by SASrecon

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9747/test3.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8450/test2cl.jpg

heres 2 tests i made of the grass layer, performance is AMAZING can't believe i'd be able to fly to and away from large cities like i just did xD

-----edit-----

damn it pufu, beat me to it...

I also just tested the animation merges and it works a treat. you won't get AI finishing reloading before they die any more ;-)

(i tested it by setting a 30sec fuse in a satchel and reloaded my weapon in the last second, he still reloads but he falls down dead, which is an improvement on the soldier staying stood up and reloading)

> I'm currently uploading a video about this and i'll put it here when i'm done

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxIlM0ZBvZE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxIlM0ZBvZE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Edited by SASrecon

Again, BIS is showing the gaming community that what they lack in marketing they have in customer support! Pretty much the other way around than the holder of the "Operation Flashpoint" name.. Awesome job! Thumbs up!

Weird, I wouldn't say stutter in cities/villages was reduced too much, performance is pretty much the same as in 59210 for me.

And the 3D Resolution setting seems to eat twice more resources than in 59210, which unfortunately forces me to use the unfinished* antialiasing. :plain:

I'm not amused about that.

*not applied to shadows, white line around certain objects that aren't antialiased either..

[59808] Fixed: DOF in 3D scope view

[59741] Analogue throttle working for helicopters as well.

[59736] Fixed: Startup sounds are not spatial and stick to audio channels

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer")

[59668] Improved: Hitpoint can pass only a part of the hit to the total damage (passthrough setting no longer ignored).

[59351] Fixed: VoN direct speaking distance fade out

My head just exploded. This is the best game dev ever.

Any ArmA Mark scores of before/after this beta?

Ofcourse it's released during my screwy work days, and no game time available.

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL5NeQ8dQsA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL5NeQ8dQsA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

heres another animation-merging clip from the enemy's point of view xD

(god-mode on:eek:)

You should just be able to make out that he crouches at the same time as reloading.

Edited by SASrecon