Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

the game looks great, I wish the footage was a bit longer thought

have they mentioned the date of release?

Nope, nothing. Only that Game Page will do another interview someday again...

Nope, nothing. Only that Game Page will do another interview someday again...

Why cant they just talk to us directly without having this game page? I mean how long does it take to write a few info on the Arma web page? or is it to do with "game page" paying them for exclusivity?

Why cant they just talk to us directly without having this game page? I mean how long does it take to write a few info on the Arma web page? or is it to do with "game page" paying them for exclusivity?

Its to do with the fact that the game isn't even at beta stage (I assume) and they have no idea how long it'll take. Did you see all the 'missing string' thingies in the bottom left? still a lot of work :(

But the rest was beautiful! :yay:

Eugh, what's with the incredibly crappy video stream? I can't watch passed the intro. The video stalls but the audio keeps going. Anyone able to provide an alternative?

Eugh, what's with the incredibly crappy video stream? I can't watch passed the intro. The video stalls but the audio keeps going. Anyone able to provide an alternative?

Patience, mate. It worked for me after several attempts. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

There wasn't much new stuff shown and it was really short... I'm a bit disappointed actually, maybe the translation will make it more informative.

I dig the flir and the new radar and hud are ok but I hoped for more (a new sneak peak on the town generator maybe?)

Its to do with the fact that the game isn't even at beta stage (I assume) and they have no idea how long it'll take. Did you see all the 'missing string' thingies in the bottom left? still a lot of work :(

But the rest was beautiful! :yay:

I dont think the "missing strings" are a major thing (probably some text commands missing), yes it proves the game isnt finished yet, and the footage looks to be from the campaign, they still working on it.

but lets not forget that its been a month now since the recording of the footage, so hopefully the "missing strings" are fixed:D

Edited by itsme

a new sneak peak on the town generator maybe?

Wasn't that covered in the previous interview? hmm.gif

EDIT: Here we are,

Could be more though. I will look futher.

Edited by colossus
added link

Looking forward to the English translation. The Chinook interior looked really detailed and it was nice to see flares on the vanilla Apache.

The Bradley model looked an awful lot like the one in ACE 2. Just saying.

The Bradley model looked an awful lot like the one in ACE 2. Just saying.

What can I say? That comment was...

Nice....

Edited by Guest

What do you expect? :confused: they are modeling the same thing?

Anyone get that game site to show the videos?

EDIT: Downloaded the playlist file for Winamp wich kicks in the commercials very easy and nice, but the actual show link has an error and wont start. So i guess its messed up at the site.

Edited by Alex72

Anyone get that game site to show the videos?

I did. Took a while though.

It looks okay, but.....

DID ANYONE NOTICE THE AI? WHEN THE APACHE SHOT THAT TANK WITH A HELLFIRE? NO REACTION AT ALL FROM THE AI (WHO WERE A FEW METERS AWAY FROM THE TANK)...WORSE...THEY EVEN CONTINUE TO WALK TOWARDS THE EXPLODED TANK...

THAT DESTROYS SOO MUCH OF THE GREAT REALISM WHICH IS SET OUT...PLEASE BOHEMIA FIX THOSE KIND OF ISSUES...

Besides that, it looks promising. I hope someone can throw up a translation. My guess is the game is set for May this year.

Having played the Battlefield Bad Company 2 BETA for the pc makes me realize that Bohemia must improve the death animations and explosion impacts. It adds soo much to the content of the game.

There are alot of things Bohemia does right, but the finishing touches (as the example mentioned above) seem to destroy the world where Arma 2 plays in. It is like the guys do 95% and then call it quits. I also hope they modelled the enemies AI to their counterparts in real life, meaning that they fight in an ambush style of attack. Oh well, we'll just wait and see. Judging from this video I'll be happy with the product, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off and I whished Bohemia would have put in that final 5% to make it an excellent instead of just a good product. It is all in the details!

Will Bohemia have learned from Arma 2's failures? To be honest...if I look at the AI as seen in the video...I'm sad to report that they didn't as of yet :(

Edited by p75

It looks okay, but.....

DID ANYONE NOTICE THE AI? WHEN THE APACHE SHOT THAT TANK WITH A HELLFIRE? NO REACTION AT ALL FROM THE AI (WHO WERE A FEW METERS AWAY FROM THE TANK)...WORSE...THEY EVEN CONTINUE TO WALK TOWARDS THE EXPLODED TANK...

THAT DESTROYS SOO MUCH OF THE GREAT REALISM WHICH IS SET OUT...PLEASE BOHEMIA FIX THOSE KIND OF ISSUES...

Noticed that too :p

I hope BIS have a beta-test stage with this game; I think they should rely on the community to beta-test this one; thats the stage where major bugs like those get found-out.

On the Armaholic website, it mentions that Land Rovers were included in the video. Perhaps there are some Commonwealth forces in OA? :D

On the Armaholic website, it mentions that Land Rovers were included in the video. Perhaps there are some Commonwealth forces in OA? :D

Czechs use Rovers.

I believe we already saw the Landies in an earlier video that was translated by Deadfast.

It looks okay, but.....

Besides that, it looks promising. I hope someone can throw up a translation. My guess is the game is set for May this year.

Having played the Battlefield Bad Company 2 BETA for the pc makes me realize that Bohemia must improve the death animations and explosion impacts. It adds soo much to the content of the game.

There are alot of things Bohemia does right, but the finishing touches (as the example mentioned above) seem to destroy the world where Arma 2 plays in. It is like the guys do 95% and then call it quits. I also hope they modelled the enemies AI to their counterparts in real life, meaning that they fight in an ambush style of attack. Oh well, we'll just wait and see. Judging from this video I'll be happy with the product, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off and I whished Bohemia would have put in that final 5% to make it an excellent instead of just a good product. It is all in the details!

Will Bohemia have learned from Arma 2's failures? To be honest...if I look at the AI as seen in the video...I'm sad to report that they didn't as of yet :(

They always needed a second to switch to combat mode, OA is no different and the vid cut away before they had the chance to do that.

Though it annoyed me too. :p

Czechs use Rovers.

D'oh!

They always needed a second to switch to combat mode, OA is no different and the vid cut away before they had the chance to do that.

Though it annoyed me too. :p

Same here.

I believe we already saw the Landies in an earlier video that was translated by Deadfast.

They're in the new video around the 13:00 mark being blown to shit by the Bradley.

By the looks they're left hand drive

Death animations and explosion impacts. It adds soo much to the content of the game.

what can i say...

I'm having problems downloading the video, all my usual methods don't work.

Is there any chance anyone could send me the extracted OA part?