Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

and now I have British troops !

keep em coming.

Total living world game.

Cool.

BB

Well OA is a exelent tecnically but the campaing is way too short. Its still alot better than ARMA 2 whit that stubid warfare thing.

Thank god we have the Armaholic missions etc. !

If you guys make the brits, i will plan my next holiday to go to Czech Republic and give to you guys one of my grans AMAZING cakes. :)

Now thats a deal huh?

PS and if its the para's il give you two.

I had no responce so far so i guess you guys arn't into cakes

*wipes sweat off forehead*

I had no responce so far so i guess you guys arn't into cakes

*wipes sweat off forehead*

Or maybe they are holding the Challenger hostage till they get their cakes, get your ass over there quick. :p

You could be right

BI all i need is a time and a place . . . . .

(And four weeks notice)

(And some Money)

(Oh and a phone call to my gran's)

No official thread yet so I'll leave a comment here.

AAN-Online News Article

[sarcasm]Gee, I wonder what the next DLC (or upcoming "addon" hinted at in the facebook contest) is going to be? Hmmm....[/sarcasm] ;)

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I spot a summer version of Chernarus in the first picture along with a Tatra T 810.

Looking good. As well as the AA-12 pic on Facebook. Hope it works like a shotgun, hehe. :)

I figured it was either CZ or Bundeswehr - which I hope will be next.

Edited by colossus

I figured it was either CZ or Bundeswehr - which I hope will be next.

Picture from the BI Wiki (link):

Sound_3_thumb.jpg

Thats a CZ 805, the current most badass assault rifle in the world! :p Since BIS already did the sound recording for it, I think it is a good guess it will be in...

I hope the devs will include an in-game kit to change the barrel so we could use both western and eastern ammunition :)

Looking at AAN news site, next will be summer chernarus and czech troops...

Looking at AAN news site, next will be summer chernarus and czech troops...

I hope by then all units from Arma2 Chernarus get updated with FLIR and thermal signature and etc..etc...

Looking forward to this.

+1 to previous comment.

That would be nice to have a patch where all troops from original Arma2 are able to use backpacks, like units from OA! Also please don't forget to add an engineer to the Russian side. :-))

+1 to previous comment.

That would be nice to have a patch where all troops from original Arma2 are able to use backpacks, like units from OA! Also please don't forget to add an engineer to the Russian side. :-))

There's a LOT of work involved in doing that, each model will need new thermal textures applied to it and the models will have to be reworked for backpacks.

Here's another big question, which Arma map is this? It's visible on that ION site along with two others, one of which is Shapur and the other Zargabad.

New map perhaps?

blockquote><p>I would guess that it

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h70/ballistic09/new_maps.jpg' alt='new_maps.jpg'>

(Map name follows the period after the mission name.)

Taken from part 2 of BI's editor tutorial video on youtube.

Also taken from that same video:

map_update.jpg

;)

I'd PM'd RiE about those other maps and they aren't "maps", they are just nods to inspirations and environments from other games. (Just Cause, Final Fantasy and apparently an RV park in Texas! :p)

Can anyone confirm that OA's campaign can be played in co-op?

If so, is the limit 4 players?

Finally, is OA's co-op campaign more solid than A2's co-op campaign?

i.e. Have they resolved the frequent desynchronisations? Corruptions of saved games? etc. ?

Hi

I have Arma2 + Arma 2 OA, 1.08 + 1.55. I have installed first Arma 2 and then Arrowhead, and I have installed ACE 2 also.

All is fine, except I can't see Chernarus and UTES map in Arrowhead, and It's supposed I could see all the Arma 2 content in Arrowhead.

I have Arma 2 in /Bohemia Interactive folder and Arrowhead in Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

What's wrong?

Regards

doth games should be installed in the same root folder (ie arma2 foder )

you shouldn't happend to have steam?

Both Game's .exe has to be in the same folder.

I.e. arma2.exe and arma2oa.exe must be in the same folder Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2. So as the Common and Expansion folder (Arma 2 OA Contents folder).

So I could only Suggest you re-install the OA Game into Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or the Move ALL FILES from Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to ArmA 2.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Keep it simple, make sure after the correct installation, you have to run the game from arma2oa.exe NOT arma2.exe.

Basically the Combine Operations Runs from the OA Based improved Game Engine with the ArmA 2 Contents (AddOns&Dta folder) loaded into the game. Therefore you gain access the A2 contents with features like FLIR Thermal Imaging and Countermeasures.

As for vehicles like the MV-22 Osprey, it is due to the old modelling that restrict the use of Countermeasures(Flares) [info from Dwarden]

Edited by avengerzx

Anyone know if there is a way to get first aid in the first mission of OA? Sometimes I get shot in the leg and can't walk or run but then medic doesn't do anything when I say I am wounded etc. Yes I searched the forums and couldn't sift through 500+ results after searching for "first aid" (with the quotes and without). Thanks.