Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

He says max settings, yet some are only on medium? Huh? lol I think I am missing something ^^

I also like it how the average fps is lower when he decreases the view distance.

I love my ATI...

:nener:

max settings? where did he say that? it says that mosts ettings are on high with PP on very high and 2k+ draw distance

I can see that now nVidia will start blaming BI for "bad coding":p

max settings? where did he say that? it says that mosts ettings are on high with PP on very high and 2k+ draw distance

Ah, I read it in the wrong context. He says "Highest playable settings".

Pretty bad review imo.

Anyone else getting worse fps than Chernarus? Just did a test then:

Chernarus:

* In-game: 24 fps

* Menu: 51 fps

Takistan:

* In-game 20 fps

* Menu: 41 fps

Not to mention Zargabad:

* In-game: 8 fps

* Menu: 35 fps

In many areas it's unplayable, especially the campaign which runs sub-30 fps for the majority of the time. ArmA2 standard with ACE (which made it run about 20% slower) ran better than this does - with higher settings.

ArmA2 standard with ACE (which made it run about 20% slower) ran better than this does - with higher settings.

What settings are you using, exactly?

They had PP on very high in all three test setups and are surprised about low framerates?

Hey HardOCP, SSAO says hello. He's sorry for eating all those frames, but maybe next time you just shouldn't invite him to the party... :rolleyes:

Which is what they wanted. It's not a review or benchmarking of the game, they are using the game (and several others) to benchmark and stress test the capabilities of the video card, hence having SSAO all the way up makes sense. The only part where the writer seems remotely surprised is how AA totally cuts the frame rate down for just a minor bump to 2xAA.

Edited by BOTA:49

Which is what they wanted. It's not a review or benchmarking of the game, they are using the game (and several others) to benchmark and stress test the capabilities of the video card, hence having SSAO all the way up makes sense. The only part where the writer seems remotely surprised is how AA totally cuts the frame rate down for just a minor bump to 2xAA.

but he was getting an average of 47fps with most settings on high! thats alot better then my 20-30fps average on my 260gtx

I get alot worse FPS than Chermarus...when played in ArmA 2.

When I load of Cherno in OA, it looks SO bad for some reason, I have to put up the setting to make it look better than as if it was on Low stetting, then my FPS is terrible. In ArmA 2 it was great.

What settings are you using, exactly?

I think I fixed it, have to have post on low because of SSAO or whatever it is, at least I think that's what it's doing, fps drops when I put it to medium though. Still runs worse than Chernarus however.

I get alot worse FPS than Chermarus...when played in ArmA 2.

When I load of Cherno in OA, it looks SO bad for some reason, I have to put up the setting to make it look better than as if it was on Low stetting, then my FPS is terrible. In ArmA 2 it was great.

I just posted the same thing in the OA impressions thread. I started playing some of my old a2 campagins in OA (due to lack of SP content in OA yet) and chernarus doesn't look as good as in a2. If you look at ground vegetation especially, things look "harder" for some reason, rather than the soft realistic look in A2. Don't get why they made this change. Also FPS seems worse for the same A2 missions when I play them through OA. I'll have to test that out this week

Chernarus looks exactly the same for me. Performs the same as the latest beta patch for Arma 2 did as well.

Finally, Arrowhead arrived today for SBP Team and other Slovenian players :)

aroa2.jpg

:yay:

Play.com IceBreakr?

They used forever to ship mine. And when I got it, I got the Rig N roll game I preordered half a year ago, on the very same day, in separate packages... Really weird.

Edited by sparks50

Finally, Arrowhead arrived today for SBP Team and other Slovenian players :)

Congratulations! Have a nice play.:war:

Lol, wow, I'd find it weird to have 6 (that I can see) copies of OA in my hands. :D

Very cool picture indeed.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I wonder why the Steam advert for OA has changed...

OA_new_Steam_ad.jpg

Since patch 1.05 or so, the delay in sound over distance has been very hit-or-miss. You will usually hear the crack of the bullet before the bang of the gun for the first shot, but subsequent reports may come in any order. Sometimes you will get multiple bursts of machine gun fire heard backwards. It was the most irritating glitch in Arma 2, so I was wondering if OA had fixed it. If it has been, then for the love of god patch it in backwards to the original game. If it hasn't, send a nagging PM to your favorite dev.

:( mebbe if i give ma units MC helmets they'll be badasses?

:( mebbe if i give ma units MC helmets they'll be badasses?

No , thats because BIS got MC helmet , so they used :p

Gah, that ShackNews competition is limited only to the US. Was gonna see if I could win one for a friend. :p