Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I had no stuttering what so ever and i find choppers VERY easy to fly. clearly had no clue what he was doing. this is not cod where you can pick up and play within 5 minutes.

Edit: does the campaign remind anyone of Generation Kill? C.F Kane even looks like the commander lol

Maybe I should go into the ACE thread and request Charms candy packs which through scripting will enhance the likely hood that the AI will see you, much like in ArmA2 in it's early days when the AI had super hearing.

no shuttering here as well, orthrough FPS drops when a lots of dust and smoke is created ie. chopper takeoff/ tank rolling and such

Edited by 4 IN 1

Dang what kind of computers they run in Japan?I have view distance at zilch and I put every setting to low or disable and it still microstutters.

As usual they reviewed the campaign , which as most of us know is buggy

Its only a 1 page "review" , so I dont think they spent long playing it

ironic considering the site has informer in its title.

They dont even mention the multi at all , hatchet job review at its finest

yup. pathetic review indeed

These reviewers

Have they ever heard about the editor

Oh Guess their IQ levels are too low to figure it out

Maybe BIS should put Editor at the top of the menu and have it flash red 100 times a second so that the next BIS game will get better reviews.

Hello, can someone explain me which content is actually in ArmA2 but NOT in OA?

I know OA features the U.S. Army while ArmA2 features Marines, what I dont know, are there any vehicles (not reskins) in ArmA2 that arent in OA?

Hello, can someone explain me which content is actually in ArmA2 but NOT in OA?

I know OA features the U.S. Army while ArmA2 features Marines, what I dont know, are there any vehicles (not reskins) in ArmA2 that arent in OA?

AH1, AAVP7, Ships, Harrier AV8, F35. Those are the few first that came into my mind. ;)

Not to mention all the russian, the chedaki and the NAPA Stuff

Just bought my copy today WOOT!

From some store galled GAME in England, as I've just moved here from Canada.

Their logo is pink....

Their logo is pink....

Sorry, but GAME = Purple.

AH1, AAVP7, Ships, Harrier AV8, F35. Those are the few first that came into my mind. ;)

LAV-25 and the Osprey as well.

Their logo is pink....

Purple my friend, PURPLE!

Could that be to do with co-op? As in each player controls one of the characters? If so, that's sweeeeet.

It is so. ;-)

It's totally different from the Arma 2 co-op campaign.

Everyone has their own objectives.

Herrera (I think he's called) is always driving something heavy.

Pierce is a pilot (need I say more?)

Drace is the special ops and the last guy is the grunt team leader.

And while you work together, you are never in the same group.

Any word on a time for a demo of OA yet? Sorry I know theres a search... *points at self* but you know... lazy American :)

yup. pathetic review indeed

Yeah, he can eat my "turret section"....

Edited by Kremec

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/armaiioperationarrowhead/reviews.html

In fact, this sort of inconsistency is something of a theme in Operation Arrowhead's campaign. After a somewhat baffling introduction which stuttered like an inebriated Gareth Gates on my PC, I found myself taking part in an airborne invasion of an airfield in the fictional country of Takistan (no prizes for guessing which conflict-ravaged country BI's new landscape is based on). The mission itself was intense and exhibited what ArmA 2 did best – realistic infantry combat and heart-and-minds warfare against the backdrop of a much bigger ongoing conflict. Weirdly, the playable mission also ran much smoother than the unplayable intro, although the frame-rate still has a tendency to drop drastically in built-up areas.

Have you no shame dude? You go to forums to shill for your own useless reviews which have no depth or useful content whatsoever. No wonder people are so down on video game journalism. That review is so shallow and so lacking its obvious he spent only a couple of hours in the game... You realize 90% of the game isn't covered in that write-up? That kind of script is what real reviewers call de-fluff. Didn't hardly play so writing fluff.

Sure anyone can write a reviewand should be allowed to - but normally when it's so poorly done the EIC doesn't run around advertising it hoping to get more click-thru's.

Back to the game itself. The more I play, the more I see - the more impressed I am. I don't know why but my favorite town so far is "Rasmun". I picked it at random as a place to bomb and reversed it so I'm defending it. The area flows so seamlessly together it's beautiful.

Edited by jpinard

Any word on a time for a demo of OA yet? Sorry I know theres a search... *points at self* but you know... lazy American :)

Not yet, still being finalised :)

I hope it comes soon. I am moving, so I won´t have internet connection past the next week. After that i´ll go to holiday so it won´t buy OA before I´am back and my Inet is ready again. I could use this time to play the demo and explore the game a litle bit^^

Sending the mother on a hunt tomorrow while i'm at school. She is armed with a picture of the case and the name and is instructed to ask the gamestation folks if they have a game called operation arrowhead in stock

You know you can download it right? Sprocket is much more reliable now than it was on release day also. I understand though if you dont have fast internet connection.:j:

You know you can download it right? Sprocket is much more reliable now than it was on release day also. I understand though if you dont have fast internet connection.:j:

Not everyone has a credit card my friend :) . Plus he might want the "solid copy" version .

These reviewers

Have they ever heard about the editor

Oh Guess their IQ levels are too low to figure it out

Maybe BIS should put Editor at the top of the menu and have it flash red 100 times a second so that the next BIS game will get better reviews.

If they don't mention the editor and the quite strong community content that has been produced with it, then I agree with you. But at the end of the day, how many people do you think really want to create their own content?

BIS keeps touting the sandbox horn despite for years having been told by reviewers and community alike that they want quality campaigns. Now I'm sure BIS knows best what's right for them, but then you can't really call foul on the reviewers.

you can't really call foul on the reviewers.

When they make a comment like "the expansion doesn't improve on the original and doesn't fix any of the problems ArmA 2 had" which is used as the closing line of the metacritic entry for Strategy Informer I think you most certainly can call foul on that "reviewer". Opinions on the campaign for example are subjective, some will think it's great, some will think it's not, that's fair enough, but you simply cannot review OA, compare it against A2 and say "the expansion doesn't improve on the original and doesn't fix any of the problems ArmA 2 had", that's a patently inaccurate statement.

Well played Placebo, well played! I wanted to yell out "Owned!" but I havnt quite reached the Im-crazy-yelling-out-randomly stage just yet. :p

well it's been awhile since I posted, but OA has brought me back! This expansion is awesome and I'm hooked once again! I'm posting just to say thanks to everyone involved in the developement of this amazing game!

a patently inaccurate statement.

Defects are in the eye of the beholder.

Where You see all of BIS' hard work like weapon optics, destructable and enterable buildings and largeaddressaware, others likely still see performance issues, lack of hollywood-style gameplay, and subpar reload animations. To them, little has changed.

It does often feel like reviewers are just advert whores who haven't played anything other than flavour of the month xbob games, and maybe that's exactly who they are, but we still need to face the facts about arma... The masses will probably agree with the reviews and the metacritic quote.