Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Even if it was DLC and just a few units :P bye looking at those screenshots ill buy it! :)

Viva la support to BIS

It will be very funny , when those Brits will not be in OA or DLC :sly::slayer3:

If ;) I mean the screenies say it all really...

I mean the screenies say it all really.

Not to mention the "news ticker" on the latest Operation Arrowhead preview video, which hints at British forces. Along with the article on the AAN website.

Edited by Laqueesha

Dont mind what price they put on the DLC, I will buy it.

Dont mind what price they put on the DLC, I will buy it.

I have some fine gently used BIS underpants here only $4,000,000.00 to a gentleman of your standing. I just need to find a way to fit them through the internets.

In all seriousness though i'm happy to pay for DLC so long as it is reasonably priced and easily accessible. None of this $9.99 for 1 new unit crap that some other companies put out there.

I hope that Brit army will come in release or at least on some future patch.

The ideia of DLC's with diferent army's is very nice. But for me is a no go If they start make it to sell like others games DLC's , i wont be able play on server's who start to use it :\

The Brits are in OA i have seen some screens, I read that they are under the NATO faction....I hope the SAS are in the game too, I saw a gameplay preview and towards the end im sure 2 of the guys speaking to the Americans had British accents, possibly SAS working with them? The SAS have a long history working with US special forces. Either that or they are PMCs.

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=11657-oa5.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=11657-oa6.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=11657-oa7.jpg

Yeah I've seen those too but it doesn't mean that they will be in the game from the offset, seeing as they aren't listed under BLUFOR in the preview version. Its unlikely they were put in last minute and I'm inclined to agree with EricM that I doubt they are under INdependant.

Again, like EricM thought, you will probably see them later on in a patch o some kind of DLC depending on how BIS do things. They do look top notch though!

That guy with a Brit accent at the end of the vid, being the constant pessimist I'd guess he was a PMC rather than British Military but who knows.

I will say right it doesn't matter to me if the DLC costs or not, I'll still get it. BIS deserve the money anyways. ;)

This. ^

Now the real question is: Is this DLC going to be free or are we (the community) going to have to pay?

When you have paid the last time for BI DLC?

In the past 9 years there was not a single DLC from BI (in fact there was no DLC at all) the users had to pay for.

Please refrain from posting such comments which only leads to pointless discussions, thanks.

In the past 9 years there was not a single DLC from BI (in fact there was no DLC at all) the users had to pay for.

Listen to W0lle guys you're kind of over-reacting to the situation.

DLC from BIS DOES NOT= DLC from Conmasters or Actifail. :)

Unlike Conmasters and Activision BIS has standards.

Don't worry!

Edited by Flash Thunder

I guess in this case, "DLC" can also mean patches and such? Patches are free, therefore there is a chance that this "DLC" will be free also? :confused:

Edited by Laqueesha

I guess in this case, "DLC" can also mean patches and such? Patches are free, therefore there is a chance that this "DLC" will be free also?

Well done sir, you finally hit the nail on the head :thumb:

---[edit - to stop this thread being filled my mine & Laqueesha's posts]---

To DM;

Please refrain from posting such comments which only leads to pointless discussions, thanks.

Edited by SASrecon

Man, how spoilt are you lot that you EXPECT any and all "DLC" from BI to be free?

Man, how spoilt [sic] are you lot that you EXPECT any and all "DLC" from BI to be free?

Maybe because that was the case since 2001? Just a thought. :confused:

When you have paid the last time for BI DLC? In the past 9 years there was not a single DLC from BI the users had to pay for.

This. ^

Edited by Laqueesha

They didn't charge us for Eagle Wing much less the apache that came with it for that matter. And someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the apache or bradley DLC for OFP at some point?

They didn't charge us for Eagle Wing much less the apache that came with it for that matter. And someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the apache or bradley DLC for OFP at some point?

The Apache was part of the patch that included the "Eagle Wing" mini-campaign. The Bradley however, as of right now, is only available through downloadable, community-created mods/addons.

If I may add, there was a patch for ArmA 1 that added a variety of new weapons to the game. This may count as "DLC" as well. ;)

The Apache was part of the patch that included the "Eagle Wing" mini-campaign. The Bradley however, as of right now, is only available through downloadable, community-created mods/addons.

If I may add, there was a patch for ArmA 1 that added a variety of new weapons to the game. This may count as "DLC" as well. ;)

I am talking about the Bradley that was in Operation Flashpoint, wether it was DLC or added through the Resistance expansion not community ones for A2 silly.

the apache for example, was a single model (and the campaign with it). Sure, that was for free, but do you seriously expect to get a whole faction (Brits) for free? Come on..

the apache for example, was a single model (and the campaign with it). Sure, that was for free, but do you seriously expect to get a whole faction (Brits) for free? Come on..

10 chars of this

I have absolutely no problem with paying for high-quality DLC from BIS(with adequate price of course).

It depends on how big the Faction is, if it was infantry, the helicopter and armor I would say not very likely, with the helicopter it hinges on a maybe..

Personally I think we're all making too big of a deal right now, the bad habbit of worrying about something far too much when it is too early, all that happened was one picture leaked and suddenly everyone is up in arms about DLC again when there has been no word from the developers themself, just how many pages thus far have we commit to the DLC dispute?

Been seeing this DLC going on. Im all for it, if they make DLC for the game thats top class. They need to go to the DLC for extra units and so on.... makes it easy on there part and good for the community and its players, and also by making the game go furthermore in its ways. Instead of game release after game release of content that can just be added to the game by DLC. More option im all for, ill buy.

Personally I think we're all making too big of a deal right now, the bad habbit of worrying about something far too much when it is too early, all that happened was one picture leaked and suddenly everyone is up in arms about DLC again when there has been no word from the developers themself, just how many pages thus far have we commit to the DLC dispute?

Try 'ere, mate. ;)

This time, we also have plan to release some significant DLC for OA, more details about these plans will be revealed later.

Try 'ere, mate. ;)

That tells us nothing as to wether or not DLC in question means pay for or no, which is what I'm getting at..why are speculating on it so much, more so assuming that Downloadable Content instantly means Pay to Download and again why are we fretting and disputing over it so much that we have dedicated so many pages to endless figure eights of the same discussion.

i dont think that i am alone when i say this, but the term "DLC" leaves a sour taste in the mouth...

it does not matter if its free or not, i still dislike that term

but really i do think you guys are going a bit off the deep end on this. our questions should be answered in a couple weeks

Edited by That guy