Sign in to follow this  
Prydain

Bayonet/knife poll

Would you like to see a knife/bayonet be added to arma 2?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a knife/bayonet be added to arma 2?

• Yes definitly i have encounters with AI where it could have saved my life
    • No it would work and knifes arent used for combat in real life
    • Yes but only a bayonet
    • No none of both

I would much rather have properly Optimized game and AI than knife/bayonet, I have actually never died because I was out of ammo/reloading while encountering enemy. :rolleyes:

I'm sure if they implement bayonet\knife, we'll see kamikaze AI going against your teammates who won't shoot down enemies who'll kill your mates XD

I wouldn't mind bayonets/knives/whatever being implemented if BI can get it to work well without spending a huge amount of time on it. Otherwise I'd say it's worthless to spend BI time on and would benefit more from being implemented through a mod.

I would much rather have properly Optimized game and AI than knife/bayonet, I have actually never died because I was out of ammo/reloading while encountering enemy. :rolleyes:

THIS!

It would be of no use unless the mission designer made it so.

OR

your a suicidal banzai! :p

THIS!

It would be of no use unless the mission designer made it so.

OR

your a suicidal banzai! :p

In fact it would ease the work of addon makers who are fed up with modern mods and want to implement historical ones. And it won't be a hard work for BI as it did exist in OFP under the strokegun ability, even if it needed a little work to be fully efficient.

It annoys me that people vote no in this poll, are you really going to lose any sleep if they added bayonets and knives into the game. Go spoil somebody elses fun.

It annoys me that people vote no in this poll, are you really going to lose any sleep if they added bayonets and knives into the game. Go spoil somebody elses fun.

Obviously the people who vote "no" feel no need for this implementation and would rather see BI work on something else.

I don't think its much like " NO I don't want any extra feature!" but more like " No, because I would rather have better AI or better optimization."

Army drops bayonets in training revamp

A mistake in my Semper Fi opinion, I'm sure The Corps will be brighter.

"Shocked when they get slapped in the face..."

Thats embarrassing. If thats true of the majority, then they need to send these guys (and girls) to an MMA camp because no amount of crunches is going to change that reaction.

"Shocked when they get slapped in the face..."

Thats embarrassing. If thats true of the majority, then they need to send these guys (and girls) to an MMA camp because no amount of crunches is going to change that reaction.

I well remember the day we were in our dojo at barracks practising hand to hand fighting.

At a certain point the sergeant turned off the lights, leaving us in pitch black without being able to see anything. We were then ordered to kick and punch around.

You'd hit unseeable people, and get hit without seeing where it came from, just taking the blows and keep standing. No preparation other then mental, 'i could be hit anywhere any second'.

At the end when the lights turned on again, i was still standing in the middle of the other room, while others were lying on the ground crawling into a corner lol. All i could think was: :rolleyes:.

Pointless revive!! woooooop!

Bayonets are a necessity

All together now!

"We want Bayonets!"

Very minimum give it to the BAF units.

Edited by Hellfire257

All the arguing is redundant.

The game is a military simulator based on real life combat.

The game includes Brits now.

Bayonets are used in real life and is extra-loved by the Brits.

I see no harm in them being included in a simple and sensible way of "Fix the blade before entering close combat, press a button to stab what's in front of you." so I vote yes.

You could always offset it with SLIGHTLY slower turn time, longer gun collision box, the ability for it to slightly wound anyone the end of the gun comes into contact with if they're ran into by you (So wouldn't want it when lots of friendlies are in front of you.).

Maybe not that last one but, I was just trying to satisfy the "cons needed" school of thought and to give an incentive to not have bayonets fixed 24/7. Lol

Wouldn't a bayonet affect accuracy over long distances?

I think you're right, because of the added weight to the front.

I'm all for the bayonet.

It is a bit daft that we don't have them tbh. If anyone else says "they're not used in modern combat" then I'll point you to the guys in my squad who have only recently left the army that will tell you you're talking bollocks.

Give us bayonets, they don't like it up 'em.

Only if you are throwing it like a javelin.

Edited by Baff1

Just asking because, like Kirby, i'm trying to think of an in-game reason why one might not fit a bayonet permanently. The collision box argument sort of defeats itself, since close-in fighting is when you definitely would want a bayonet fitted.

Pointless revive!! woooooop!

You should read the forums rules...

Bayonets are a necessity

No bayonets are NOT a necessity, it is a wanted feature. There is a difference

This thread will go back to the roundabout it was left in//

Okay, no bayonets are not a necessity i was being an idiot, but they are a very real feature of modern combat in modern warfare environments. No matter what people say about they would be useless, they clearly wouldn't because they have been used since the invention of firearms and are still used today, so it is a proven force to kill. And adds the chaos to the game which can get the adrenaline pumping.

Bayonets are a necessity because it means we can go hey diddle diddle straight up the middle

Back when the UKF blokes in OFP had bayonets, that was the hot stuff

Given how intense some of the domination we've been doing on Lingor in recent off-nights I could see it getting used

You see Capt. Mainwaring, they dont like it up em those...//////////......

:D I love Dad's Army.

No matter what people say about they would be useless, they clearly wouldn't because they have been used since the invention of firearms and are still used today, so it is a proven force to kill.

Early firearms didn't have them.

Instead when it came to CQB early soldiers would reverse their guns and use them as clubs.

The French devleoped bayonets in the 17th century. It caught on.