Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Patch 1.03 & Dedicated Server Released .

Tip: don't load anything else on Steam while it's downloading, the fucking thing just reset.

Never had that happen to me. I've played games on Steam while downloading a patch for another game or another game itself... sorry for your dilemma.

hey guys i just updated arma 2 through the steam update to 1.03. After a long download, i tried the game and no servers came up in multiplayer!

I waited an hour and tried it again with all security and firewalls off. Still no servers showed up ( and yes its under internet not lan option) . I tried hosting a game myself and was able to , but noone joined. Am i the only one with this problem after the steam patch??

in soviet Chernarus, steam downloads you!

i love how a 134 mb patch is 4.3 gigs through steam. glad i'm no where near my monthly bandwidth cap.

This is a fucking joke. I am downloading the 9GB patch at 20kb/s.

I never got given a choice if I wanted to download it or not. It just started when I logged into steam.

Oh well. See you guys online this time next week or so.

PS. Fuck you Steam.

Edit : Oh!! check this out. Max speed. Slow speed is due to my ISP plan. I am traffic controlled.

Joke.jpg

Edited by Driftit

Heh....

Launch ArmA2

Mutliplayer

Gamespy results:

Several hundred servers.

Players: 0

Somebody on the BIS end needs to "exercise" figuring out the PR hit that's costing not only BIS but the hosts......

"Official" comment...??????

"exercise" for us to figure out?!?!?!?

That's the best we get? A criptic message?

W T F ????

So would Planck or one of his handlers PLEASE enlighten us "moron" customers while our server bills add up?

I'd like to echo this. This dismissive and condescending behaviour towards BIS's customers is APPALLING.

hey guys i just updated arma 2 through the steam update to 1.03. After a long download, i tried the game and no servers came up in multiplayer!

I waited an hour and tried it again with all security and firewalls off. Still no servers showed up ( and yes its under internet not lan option) . I tried hosting a game myself and was able to , but noone joined. Am i the only one with this problem after the steam patch??

You do not have a problem Bohemia does. There are few if any 1.03 servers running.

The reason is the stuff they said they fixed...isn't

There is update was not thouroughly tested (obvious) if it was, it was done poorly.

I personally have alot of money involved in dedicated servers for Arma 2. I would like a non political accurate response from Bohemia as to why it is so difficult to put out a workable no scratch that use the word useful patch?

I mean fixing a rainbow bug...come on.

I need MP to actually work..not some rainbow.

Help us all out Boehmia and fix this POS before OFP2 comes out. Or you know where everyone is headed.

If it takes some time to get right..then take it.

Like I was taught from childhood.. If your going to do something..do it righ the first time.

Yeah its looking like its a 9gb patch, only downloaded 4.3gb at 50%

FFS

Never had that happen to me. I've played games on Steam while downloading a patch for another game or another game itself... sorry for your dilemma.

I was at 55% when I wisely decided to play ETW and pass the time, that's when it reset :( I knew I should have just waited. Bah

Edit: Drift, that's fucked, sorry man.

I mean fixing a rainbow bug...

The Rainbow bug is fixed?? Oh frabjous day!! Now off for some juicy new 1.03 multiplayer...erm

I wish there was only one multilingual version of this game. By version I mean ATM we have retail, German, Steam, etc etc.

All need specific work which would not make the patching job quick and easy (not that it would be anyway)....but I would have thought that it would simplify the process somewhat.

Thanks

Frosty

While speculative, that’s still not the “right†answer.

If that were the case, who here wouldn’t have volunteered to beta test a patch?

No, this was a very disappointing turn of events.

I totally agree that these things take time. One aspect the OPFP/ArmA community is that many have here a long history with the industry (some of the most fanstastic stuff has come from the tallented people who create our mods). Many here understand the hardships of pushing a build to market. And ArmA2 ain't the first rodeo for most of us.

But BIS = major fail for tossing out a patch w/o support for the dedicated servers when they knew it was going to leave the most popular and critial part of of the game left holding it's johnson while the hooker is in the head (ie: time is money to those of us paying for servers).

ymmv

Edited by Thirdup

I got an error message with my retail version :

Error detected in the file ADDONS\air.pbo (00000000!=00000001)

Tried to download twice on differents servers.

Legit version, no mess in addons folder, wtf ?

Tip: don't load anything else on Steam while it's downloading, the fucking thing just reset.

Just happened to me too :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was 30 something percent along, when my crummy internet went out for a while... Steam just reset the download... now I'm at 2% again...

oh, just to clarify... there's no such thing as a 9GB patch... it's just that during the first gig, the percentage seems to be off... when you reach about mid-download, the percentage looks right again... go figure...

well, here I go again... 4% and counting... :icon_ohmygod:

Cheers

You guys and the pathetic threats. Your not going to get a response if you cant post like an adult.

Its quite basic:

• BIS ran a news post saying "ARMA II Patch 1.03 Released" which was missing the "client only" in the title.
  • Users downloaded or autodownloaded the patch as is normal with games.
  • Not until later in the threads do we find out there is not a patch for the servers.
  • A majority of servers now sit useless as there wasn't a warning that the client files were released there are currently no dedicated files.
  • Even marking this patch as a beta would have helped

If anything BIS the players and server owners are more upset that we didnt get a clear answer. And we know how politics can get in the way. All we ask if for a official answer (which hasent been given, and if you think it has please repost it). I think the community would be much more forgiving if you spell out the deal.

I think even a "We had some issues with the dedicated exe and will be releasing it soon, sorry" would have been more acceptable and understandable than what has been posted so far.

The official answer so far have been more frustrating then helpful.

Edited by CodeRedFox

Preacher;1394129']I'd like to echo this. This dismissive and condescending behaviour towards BIS's customers is APPALLING.

What is appalling is the bullshit I've read in this thread. I've never seen such behavior from administrators. BIS has provided us with a free dedicated server package for so long that you people forget that it is gratis and have the audacity to come here and vomit on their shoes? Repulsive. I'm amazed at the forbearance that has been shown by the mods.

They gave you a work around' date=' one that works, until the [b']FREE[/b] software is ready for release. Keep your panties on ladies, use -server for a few hours.

oh, just to clarify... there's no such thing as a 9GB patch... it's just that during the first gig, the percentage seems to be off... when you reach about mid-download, the percentage looks right again... go figure...

I have DU meter, so far its at 5.5gb at 60 % so its definatly more than 4 gb for me :(

Edited by Akuras

Sucks that my first post since 2003 was a bad one. And I know it was steams fault not Bohemia's.

But a friend had his autoupdate while he was at work. 4.7gb. And now he is going to hit his ISP data cap half a month early. He had it set to NOT autoupdate.

Not cool. But no point complaining to Steam. They will just tell you 'Too bad mate' in the most uncaring manor they could muster at the time.

What is appalling is the bullshit I've read in this thread. I've never seen such behavior from administrators. BIS has provided us with a free dedicated server package for so long that you people forget that it is gratis and have the audacity to come here and vomit on their shoes? Repulsive. I'm amazed at the forbearance that has been shown by the mods.

They gave you a work around, one that works, until the FREE software is ready for release. Keep your panties on ladies, use -server for a few hours.

I would use the -server if they actually fixed stuff correctly. Look at your server.rpt with no mods running.

Since OFP the server.exe has been free. Therefore the expectation that a server version free of charge has been set as a standard.

The multplayer use of this game is what makes it what it is. Without it..it sucks..Plain and simple.

The modders who really make this game shine have been aptiently waiting for the tools necessary to mod this game correctly.

These are all things that have been set as the standard for this game.

If Bohemia no longer wants to support the Arma 2 community in this fashion, then they need to say so.

Alot of people including myself have spent thousands on dedicated servers for the multiplayer experience. By not appeasing this part of the community satisfactorilyand putting out abismal patches should not be tolerated. It hurts all of us tryig to get more people to buy the game.

I have personally bought this game for people as a gift. Now what do you think they are saying?

Just installed the patch then. Have had 2 game crashes trying to load my saves and a bsod so not looking real good so far. :(

You guys and the pathetic threats. Your not going to get a response if you cant post like an adult.

Its quite basic:

• BIS ran a news post saying "ARMA II Patch 1.03 Released" which was missing the "client only" in the title.
  • Users downloaded or autodownloaded the patch as is normal with games.
  • Not until later in the threads do we find out there is not a patch for the servers.
  • A majority of servers now sit useless as there wasn't a warning that the client files were released there are currently no dedicated files.
  • Even marking this patch as a beta would have helped

If anything BIS the players and server owners are more upset that we didnt get a clear answer. And we know how politics can get in the way. All we ask if for a official answer (which hasent been given, and if you think it has please repost it). I think the community would be much more forgiving if you spell out the deal.

I think even a "We had some issues with the dedicated exe and will be releasing it soon, sorry" would have been more acceptable and understandable than what has been posted so far.

The official answer so far have been more frustrating then helpful.

You also forgot that Steam users have to redownload the whole game again for a 143MB patch, that is not "normal with games".

Is this why patches take so long to get released? So that Steam users don't have to redownload the game all over again all the time?

i just downlaoded the patch for my game and i cant believe it NO LAGG IN CHERNAGORSK or forest or not much anywhere! i have a duel core 1.80 Ghz and i get 40 fps in some places! plz post you comments on the patch (::yay::yay::yay:

Just installed the patch then. Have had 2 game crashes trying to load my saves and a bsod so not looking real good so far. :(

You should restart the mission you are playing, NOT the whole campaign just that mission. I believe it even says so in the change log!