Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Patch 1.03 & Dedicated Server Released .

BIS can do something , atleast tell valve to

Didn't you read the devs' posts? Valve is apparently working on it.

Didn't you read the devs' posts? Valve is apparently working on it.

Ranting fast, hurling "amateurs" in the face of devs, and such, is way easier than reading and comprehend posts. It's BI it automatically means "bad" and "free rant"

Still, BIS should have forseen the large percentage of users who bought it via steam and the method of how steam works.

I doubt it would have required too much work to separate the files into one for the information (health, speed, ect) and a file for the models/textures.

At the moment, they have a file for each category (kind of like a zip). There's a single file for buildings, animations, and so on.

Those files contain both the information such as health (which the devs could change) and models/textures (which is unlikely to be changed)

I downloaded the torrent and it got half way through installing then said some file was corrupt and to redownload the patch. I had to reinstall the game and download from another mirror to get it working...

Thank you for the quick response with the dedicated server. :yay:

It would not have been a big deal if steam didn't -force- you to update.

i hope patch 1.04 will work on making the game playable for everyone, so every 1 can shut up already :P

I hope patch 1.04 fixes the global economy crisis, and puts an end to poverty.

And fight terrorism with ultra AI settings.

Send the AI to hunt terrorists. No more terrorists in a short time. :p

Hoping there will be a 1.04 dedicated exe in the next patch ;)

With implemented real time rope physics and rag dolls and others for water and cloth, and dismemberment zomfg!!!! And red exploding barrels too!!!!

I need to lay off the sugar...

No. You do not have to wait. Download and install the patch from your choice of FTP.

Not if u purchased the game itself for your dedi, then u can update as normal..

The patcher has a blacklist of cd keys. It checks the windows registry before proceed.

But for the dedi you don't need it, there is no installation required for the dedi.

Would be useful to have a separate patcher only for data, that doesn't require to be Administrator and doesn't check the windows registry, to be used by people running dedi servers. Maybe it's someting legal that prevents BI from doing this way.

ArmA 2 has been working sweet right up till I installed this 1.03 Patch. I live in Austraila and dont have or use anything Steam related. I have the genuine Retail DVD ROM patch. Patch was installed Successfully however now when I try and resume my Harvest Red Campaign it crashes to desktop 1/4 the way through the loading bar. Anyone know the answer?

Specs:

Core 2 Quad Q9550

GA-X48-DS5

4gb 2X2 G'Skill 8500 DDR2

2 X HD4850 Crossfired

Saves from previous versions will in all probability not work after patching to 1.03, the patch notes did mention it.

Planck

Hmm - 35 pages of moaning about Steam. While I do sympathise (really, I do. BIS need shooting for the mess that ArmA II is), I was hoping to read about the efficacy of the patch on AI. Guess I'll actually have to play the game to see if it's any good :) .

Sadly, they've cocked up the patch notes file, lol. Lots of errors just in that, so I'm not holding out much hope for the game. Oh dear.