Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Patch 1.03 & Dedicated Server Released .

If you have nothing remotely constructive to offer you can post elsewhere. Trolling is not acceptable.

DecoySA won't be posting here anymore.

If you have nothing remotely constructive to offer you can post elsewhere. Trolling is not acceptable.

And who may I ask is trolling?

I have been a faithful follower of the OFP/ARMA franchise since their conception. All I/we ask is for answers and assistance.

I even gave praise for the product that I bought despite my obvious issues with your product AFTER my purchase. My comments were written as to speak my point of view without stooping to "abusing" BIS or any individual.

I do not and will not lower myself to teenage like rants of abuse. I do believe what I have written is not constructive.

Regards

Gecko_Hunter

Edited by Gecko_Hunter
mis type

And who may I ask is trolling?

The post above me when I made the comment, which wasn't yours.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Gecko, Placebo was referring to DecoySA's post.

Thought it was pretty obvious his post was trolling and thus the one I was talking about, didn't want to sully the forums by quoting and repeating it, my mistake.

Yeah at first i didn't even believed the OP because the thread seemed like a joke. After reading in the troubleshooting forum i noticed he wasn't shitting us.

I bet now we can prepare ourselves to read lot's of whining about how performance is still horrible. ;)

nah, when Placebo speakith so shall it be. :p

;1394568']Was I speaking to you? Fool...

Go away and play with your toys.

Flouncy said he's in Aus with capped internet, then I said that I'm in Aus with a crappy 4GB cap too. You told Flouncy that it's his fault for having capped internet, and insulted him without knowing any facts, and seeing I'm in the same situation you're insulting me as well.

Now tell me, why is it my fault that this part of inner-Sydney only allows for "broadband" via the 3G network?

Thanks BIS for the dedicated server. :D

I hope it works better than the beta version before.

This is really fustrating...

1) Patch is downloading 25kb/s I get 800kbs-1mbs usually

2) After 45min it is only 1% done, is it downloading the whole game!? Shoulda gotten the retail if so

Yeah, I'm done with Steam stuff. Started the "update" at midnight, 7 AM this morning only 33% done and it has already downloaded 1.5 Gigs. I have a very slow DSL connection (59K max download) and have NO other viable options for a better connection (the phone equipment in my area is very old and the phone company refuses to update/upgrade it).

Had I known this, I would have never bothered with Steam at all.

Edited by Baker65

Just patched trough Steam @ 1,1 MB/s... did take about an hour, but I'm glad it's just Steam's money that I'm using while I did that.

If anyone's having it slower than that download rate, I recommend downloading from Steam's Benelux server, as it seems to be the best place to download from. For me at least ;)

Yeah, I'm done with Steam stuff. Started the "update" at midnight, 7 AM this morning only 33% done and it has already downloaded 1.5 Gigs. I have a very slow DSL connection (59K max download) and have NO other viable options for a better connection (the phone equipment in my area is very old and the phone company refuses to update/upgrade it).

Had I known this, I would have never bothered with Steam at all.

not steam's fault , but BIS fault

i've got a lot of steam games, updates are small and fast, no "download the whole shit again" like arma2

they though "woww , 4gb ? not a problem , really, we can download it in 10min using our 80gb connection "

not steam's fault , but BIS fault

i've got a lot of steam games, updates are small and fast, no "download the whole shit again" like arma2

they though "woww , 4gb ? not a problem , really, we can download it in 10min using our 80gb connection "

The patch using data diferences in addons is aprox 130MB. The addons that contain those changes at the end are more than 7Gigs. Most probably in other games the patches do overwrite much smaller files.

BIS are such a joke, can't release a fully working game on release day and then can't even get the patches right.

such a bunch of amateurs !

Then wouldn't it be best to delete the game and move on. I've always found it a waste of my time and energy to spend too much more time thinking about something which disappointed me. Even if I have to bite the bullet when I've dished out some money. Hell at least you didn't have to get a sub prime mortgage to purchase the game. ;) :yay:

Edited by Manzilla

The patch using data diferences in addons is aprox 130MB. The addons that contain those changes at the end are more than 7Gigs. Most probably in other games the patches do overwrite much smaller files.

then figure out something , we can't download 4gb every 50mb patch you guys make

i'ts annoying , and impossible for some people

Campaign was always playable for me :D

Then you never actually finished it.

The bugs in Manhatten (about half way through), and every mission there after were universal.

Hopefully this patch fixes all that.

then figure out something , we can't download 4gb every 50mb patch you guys make

i'ts annoying , and impossible for some people

well, do go and post that on steam forums. It's not BIS fault that steam needs to update ALL the modified files, by redownloading, instead of modifying them...

Hi everyone, the dedicated server exe will be relased later today hopefully. Please, be patient and stay tuned.

And, at last: please, don't blame us for the steam update. As it was mentioned on several places and threads it's a Steam issue. Instead of downloading just the difference data to be replaced inside of your pbo's (normal D/L update does this exactly), Steam users must download the whole pbo's and files affected be the update, which is about 4.3gigs in total.

By the way, we have the response from Steam, that they plan to implement more sophisticated method of updating games to avoid such situations.

I appreciate you checking with Steam on this. I hope they can fix this situation.

Thanks for the update BIS, the AI improvements are VERY welcomed :D

I appreciate you checking with Steam on this. I hope they can fix this situation.

Valve is usally good about fixing problems with Steam. It should definately be solved by the time the next patch is ready (which also probably won't be for some time).

well, do go and post that on steam forums. It's not BIS fault that steam needs to update ALL the modified files, by redownloading, instead of modifying them...

BIS can do something , atleast tell valve to