Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Patch 1.03 & Dedicated Server Released .

I see the AI drivers are still in need of a lobotomy. :( x5 wheeled vehicles, all but the leader still decide to swerve off the road for no reason every hundred meters. Tested several combinations of waypoints (only two, many, etc), safe, aware, 2-5 vehicles, all with consistently poor results.

Shouldn't need init commands and or scripting to do something as simple as tell a group of trucks to drive from point A to point B.

Maybe next patch...

Edited by Baron von Beer

That's why i stopped getting games via steam that are sure to receive plenty of patches.

Have fun downloading the whole package every time.:pet2:

Just another steam hater... This post is quite clearly bs.. Have used steam for ages, and this is the first game that has ever done this... Quit making stuff up just becuase you dont personally like steam.

hi oblivion, i hear u. try reinstalling, i know its a pain in the ass; and he shouldn't have to do it!, but its probably the only fix for this type of problem :(

Just another steam hater... This post is quite clearly bs.. Have used steam for ages, and this is the first game that has ever done this... Quit making stuff up just becuase you dont personally like steam.

same... first time i see this

and i want it fucking fixed , i can't waste 2 days downloading the whole shit again

LOL at the OP. Did anyone even proof read those patch notes? I hope this isnt an indication of quality.

Thanks for the fixes fellas. You got a few of my biggest gripes ironed out. :coop:

Arg. I'm getting like 170 kb/s with Steam... I hope its not downloading everything again... Those torrents would sure be nice right about now...

No it is not compatable

Placebo,

It would be nice if this info was in BOLD somewhere on the OP.

There's going to be some unhappy players when they try to hit their dedicated servers tonight......

:mad:

It would help people greatly if they read the first post.

If they had done so they would know that it was recommended to backup your present game files if you wanted to keep them as it was not possible to otherwise rollback.

EDIT: I emboldened the relevant passage for any future readers.

Planck

Edited by Planck

tbh planck i think everyone assumed that the server files wud be released as well and that the creators weren't so incompetent that they wud release the patch without them.

Incompetence had nothing to do with it.

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to think why the server.exe is not ready yet, it shouldn't take too long to think it out.

Planck

Steam update is incredibly slow for me and a whopping 4gb+ to dl for a 100mb+ patch.

Promised myself when i bought cod4 on steam to never to use steam again. stupid me.

So is Steam downloading everything? Or is it just clogged by everybody auto-updating? I canceled the auto-update (knowing that I can't play until I get it going again) and am trying patching first with the torrent THEN starting the Steam patch again.

I'll reply when I find out if it sped anything up at all or if it didn't work.

So...I have the Steam version. Why is it downloading the game all over again? Bad luck?

(sorry about the bad english)

I still think it warrants a warning that 1.03 will lock you out of all current dedicated servers due to incompatibility.

(a warning would thus prevent someone from needing to roll back in the first place)

Not flaming BIS. Just trying to help.

Nope, the download version available outright says that it WILL NOT work with steam.

Bad way of doing it TBH. Would have worked better if you kept EVERYTHING the same between steam and retail versions. That way, people have the option to use patches instead of the steam auto-updater. Or just everything but the launch style used by steam. Then we don't have Steam users downloading the entire game again just to patch.

Steam doesnt download the entire thing again, just changed files.

No, downloading the entire game again here :(

Nope, the download version available outright says that it WILL NOT work with steam.

Hmmm, I don't think you are replying to me?

My point has nothing to do with Steam or retail versions.

If you patch either version to 1.03, you will not be able to play on any existing dedicated server.

It would be nice if that little detail were listed on the original post announing the patch.

Nope, downloading the entire game again here :(

Strange as mine didn't. In any case, if it did do that. It would be BIS providing them the wrong thing to push. Not steam.

No, downloading the entire game again here :(

24hours left here :mad:

i was just on a server with 40 ppl that was dedicated i believe, FOW was the name of the server

Not part of the patch :( and our server is not working from the -server switch :(

works fine for me see below ...

=====================================================================
== f:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe
== "f:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe"   -server  
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2009/08/05 21:21:19
Current time:  2009/08/05 23:28:59

Distribution: 1466
Exe version: 1.03.58627
   player __SERVER__, state CREATED -> CONNECTED

all i done was started arma2.exe -server in arma2 directory :)

Thirdup: No, I mean the patch itself. I finished downloading it in about 10 minutes, then extracted from the .zip and ran the .exe. It extracts the files, then goes "Oops, sorry, you've got the Steam version. I won't even try updating."

Complete patch failure.