Redfield-77

What is your favorite ARMA 2 Loadout?

FN FAL or M4A1 Holo 4-6 mags

Carl Gustav or SMAW 2-3 rounds

Atleast 1 smoke and 1 HE grenade

FN FAL or M4A1 Holo 4-6 mags

Carl Gustav or SMAW 2-3 rounds

Atleast 1 smoke and 1 HE grenade

Arhh, you gotta have the grenade launcher on the M4 too to be a true one man army ;)

I always find myself wandering back to the good old A2 M4 with GL, Holosight and silencer. It still cant be beaten for going into a Taki hotspot at night and wasting everyone without even caught.

I tend to settle for the Revolver or G17 as back up but will take preferebce with the Scorpion if one is available.

Satchels are a must, I have a radio towe demolition addiction and nothing beats sneaking under a T-90 and placing a satchel as well. Really, really looking forward to the sticky satchels in A3. :)

I always take a lase designator too, usualy with no batteries. It has thermal so comes in handy for spotting over the standard binocs and spotters scope.

Another set up I used for a while was the AS50 with an MP5SD in a backpack and G17 as side. You can use the Uzi silenced ammo in your side ammo slots for the MP5. ;)

You can pretty much take on all comers then.

M110 SD, M24, M4, AKM, Dragunov

M1911 or silenced M9

Satchel

Rangefinder

Backpack with AP mines and rifle ammo for buddy.

Edited by Black²

I frequently swap btw these rifles as they do great job anytime

ACE & vanilla -G36, G36K, L85A2 ACOG GL, M4A3 ACOG GL, i love the UMP 45 but don't find it very useful even CCQ, rarely golden AK for lulz

MK48 MOD0, M249SAW, M240G M145, M60

If i dont carry any medical supplies - glock 18, M1911

It usually depends on the mission. I like simple loadouts that do not crowd my action menu or my weapon-modes.

M4A1 + Aimpoint or similar

Sufficient ammunition (5-6 mags)

Hand Grenades

1-2 Smoke Grenades if I'm a teamleader or need to mark areas.

Satchels to taste.

With proper fieldcraft it is usually possible to engage the enemy at distances where he cannot slip away. (200meters ish). I find that the exact nature of my individual weapon matters less than the availability of Binoculars, GPS, or weapon systems like Machineguns and RPG launchers or vehicle support.

The availability of 4x optics (ACOG) can be a boon, but usually the nature and direction of the enemy is so implicit in the mission briefing that identification isn't an issue. In any case this is what binoculars are for.

ofc the 7.62 weapons are 'better' than any alternative, but I enjoy combat at shorter ranges.

-k

ACE AS VAL PSO and a backpack full of grenades and magazines.

HK417 20inch ACOG

HK417 12inch ironsights with GL

Tracer rounds (plenty of)

HuntIR

MX-(something or rather) thermal imaging scope

C4

And the most important

aviator sunglasses ohhyeahhh:cool:

Depends on the role ive been assigned for my Squads Nights gaming which is normally in a Tank, so

M4A1 - Aimpoint or M249 Aimpoint

Or out in the field:

M4A1 or Ak and Mines as a tank driver i hate mines, so i know how much they can annoy some one :)

99% of the time I'm playing my own mission on SP, which requires a lot of commanding the AI, so I go with a squad leader-type kit:

SCAR-H CQC CCO (White) - 5 tracer mags

USP SD - 4 mags

RPG-29, or AT-4 if I'm having one of the AI carry the big launcher

SOFLAM (better than the binocs for recon, and for the copperhead)

Satchel, smoke, M67, laser battery, earplugs, etc

The SCAR is the sci-fi version from the McN White Weapons mod, probably one of the coolest looking weps in the game.

I generally have at least 3 AI, and give them an AR + launcher, M249 or M32 depending on the mission, and an M110 or LRR depending on the range. Sometimes I'll bring another fireteam and/or crew-served weapon team. Not like I get to do much shooting, since I spend most of my time trying to get the AI to stop dancing and do something useful, and giving them orders like "Six. Get out of that. Minefield"

Not like I get to do much shooting, since I spend most of my time trying to get the AI to stop dancing and do something useful, and giving them orders like "Six. Get out of that. Minefield"

LOL!

My favourite loadout is generally along these lines:

Soldier/Squad Leader:

Standard Assault Rifle, with RDS. I do not like acog very much in Arma, render to texture would make it 100% more epic!

I usually carry as many mags as possible, a smoke grenade, and a frag.

In my secondary slot I will carry a pistol, 3 or 4 mags, and HE grenades if I have a grenade launcher.

Probably not a very realistic setup, but to be honest I don't spend much time kitting myself out! :p

Sniper:

Tac 50, and all the gear you need for windage and elevation. + A big mountain, and an enemy base to prey upon, = EPIC! :D

Mk17 and HK417 or go home baby.

Whenever I use an M4/16 platform rifle and I hit someone from far out it's typically a wounding shot. Not the case when you're slinging 7.62x51 at them.

HK417 Holo x4 from ACE or one of any acog/RCO variants of RH's M14's (Mk14's included) and a USP with suppressor if available.

Hi, on the ArmA2 for Multi-Pourpouse...

- M16A4-M203 (ACOG).

- SMAW (x2 rockets).

- Satchel (x1 charge).

- Laser Designator.

CQB/Short Range:

- M4A1-QDD (CCO).

- SMAW (x2 rockets).

- Satchel (x1 charge).

- Laser Designator.

- M1911 A1.

*The M1911 is unpractical as you can't aim it due to the sights bug... but i feel better with a .45. Let's C ya

In general however, give me an A-10, and by the end of the match i'll be right at the top of that score board I just love flying in and squashing an entire town with my 500 pound bombs, Mavericks, Hydras, and Gau-8

I hate people like this. People who are 1) concerned with their place on the scoreboard and 2) don't give a crap about other people's experiences.

When you level a town with an A-10, you leave the infantry with absolutely nothing to do other than wander around looking for those last 3 infantrymen and UAZ you didn't see. It eliminates any challenge from groundpounding and leaved the infantry with nothing to do but look at smoking ruins that used to be towns. In my opinion, CAS exists to support the infantry, not replace it. It should be called in on specific targets instead of used to wreck entire towns.

My favorite loadout is a Mk17 EGLM RCO with 6 magazines and a Stinger. I put 2 more Stinger missiles and a satchel charge in my backpack. Finally, I bring a Glock 17 or M1911 and fill up the pistol/grenade launcher ammo slots with 4 pistol mags and 4 HE grenades.

If there is no air threat at the AO, I replace the Stinger with a Javelin or an NLAW. I don't really like using the NLAW though, as you can Tabkill most threats in an AO by yourself due to the tremendous amount of space available from half your inventory + backpack.

Occasionally I'll pick up an OPFOR FN FAL and use it just for kicks. I love the FAL, as it's a 7.62 mm weapon and it sounds awesome.

I use the the M4 with aimpoint or similar, I carry a few smoke grenades if someone gets hit and a backpack with extra ammo and maybe a belt for the support gunner if he's heavy. Even though it's dead boring I still like this weapon.

I also like to carry a pistol as it's come in useful when we're being overrun and i've no time to dive into my backpack.

I like to use a few guns all depends on the mission.

M16A4 / M203 w acog

w_ace_m16a4_gl_acg_ca.paa.png

Mk16 EGLM Holo

mk16_short_holo_eglm_laser_mfsup_ca.paa.png

M240

w_m240_ca.paa.png

SIG P226

w_p226_ca.paa.png

M9

w_m9_ca.paa.png

FGM-148 Javelin

w_javelin_ca.paa.png

RPG-7V

w_rpg7_ca.paa.png

of course 1-2 grenades

binocs/range finder,map,compass.

M4 aimpoint or M14, depending on the mission. If I'm playing with friends then it's Mk48 if it's available, otherwise the M249. Usually have at least 3 smoke (2 white, 1 red), 2 grenades, GPS, range finder, and the other goodies.

If it's an OpFor mission, then it's any AK without iron sights. I just can't stand those irons.

I agree with you about the AK iron sights, BOTA. I just can't understand why so many people love them.

AK notch - and - posts are terrible in-game and in real life. Give me a ring sight any day of the week. Ghost rings are especially awesome.