Sign in to follow this  
zenger

-=SARMAT=- Studio presents: WIP screenshots of the new project "Wings of Russia".

This AN-2 is a nice plane ... but

Do you intend to build the AN-2 V ?

There is a big shortage of seaplanes in the game, I am still missing the Cessna from OFP.

Wohoooo, we now have 5 versions to download on armaholic.

Wish all addons were done this way instead of packs etc. Just download the ones u need or want:cool:

LOVE the =SARMAT= work. I read somewhere that the "original" Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, had more user created content than any other game in history. I believe that's a direct quote, I hope the publisher and/or author doesn't come after me for not using quotes, end notes and a reference page. Mot to compare apples to oranges, but Sarmat's stuff is to A1 and A2, what Ballistic Add-on Studio's stuff was to Operation Flashpoint and that is quality usable addons for the community.

Great job, really love these

Note for future: put AMA and Aerofloat under Civilian, not convenient under Russia

Actually the Aeroflot version is accurate. They may be a civilian airliner but they transport Russian troops to deployments, exercises, etc.

Just letting you know there are only 2 on russian side (army and emergency)

The rest are all under civil (AMA, Letoun and Aeroflot)

I`d like to offer to developers my Ka-50 Hokum "Black Shark" for free. Wich i made for Battlefield 2 game.Have no time to port this game model to Arma 2 ,have alot of other stuff to do.

Hope developers of "Wing of Russia" will like it.

Few screens:

http://img190.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=59693962.jpg

Video:

ka50finalwoodland.th.jpgka50finaldesertu.th.jpg70552614.th.jpg

Edited by Oleg-Russia

yeah that's an awesome Ka-50, even for Bf2 standards. The sad thing is that Ka50 is more realistic than the one currently in ARMA 2

Are you planning some others russian helicopters, or a remake ??

Well i`ve made Mi-24 as well and some other russan military models, but there is no game in the world by so far wich can run such heavy models, the Mi-24 was especially made for the movie on wich i`m working with 2 friends of mine. And because it`s for the movie the model sould be looking as real as possible , we don`t have such vehicles in our garage :) so i`m "3DArtist" is the one who`s responsable for 3d by so far.

Video (Watch HD& fullscreen):

Screens:

http://img33.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=58627869.jpg

97665113.th.jpg53845803.th.jpg62945356.th.jpg

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Oleg: *we're not worthy* kudos!

Seeing this stuff you start to realize how off the current models from all other artists are :]

It's a AWESOME model, but what is the poly count of such beauty?:eek:

Oleg: one thing, one of my team members noticed that your Mi-24 is symetrical? Wassup with that? Check the model from BS what I mean: click.

I do have a small , a very small shift of cockpit to the side , to see it you need to look at this in 3d.

I do remember i that i have noticed this fact as well from my photo reference ,but i was very tiered and probably i have not payed enogh attention to cockpit shift ,because i was working on this baby for 1,5 month non-stop and by the time when i was close to end and was working on the cockpits i was exhausted to death ,with my last drops of power i made it and after i that i did made BTR-90 as well in 4 days! .Just try to imagine you stand up at 6 o`clock in the morning you go to study you`re back at home at 7 o`clock in the evening ,you`re getting behind your pc and start working on the model till 3-4 o`clock midnight ,then you take 2-4 hours sleep and the "SSSD"="Same Shit Same Day" begins over again and it continues for 2,5 month and don`t forget last week of second month is time to hand in your homework so last week you take a short sleeps just 3-4 times in 7 days with will to finish your home work and hand it in ,in time ,to get a good score.

Trust me you`ll feel very exhausted :) Hehe

BTW T-90 was made in 2 weeks

Ka-50 was made in 1 week except textures just modeling.

And i do have a good news for you guys, there is a guy "Rstratton" who`s gonna work on Ka-50 soon to get it in Arma 2 so i want to thank him for taking this heavy task on his shoulders.

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Model is smooth ready .

Unsmoothed:200k = 200000 poly

Smoothed:3000k = 3000000 poly

I don't think the engine can handle this :butbut:

@Oleg-Russia:

I really like your models , specialy that ka50 :) ,but ArmA2 engine can only handle 20k max

Shame is we don't have mlods of bis mi24 (they are really cool models) - so you or somebody else could make Mi35 , Mi24 Super Hind etc

Oleg: *we're not worthy* kudos!

Seeing this stuff you start to realize how off the current models from all other artists are :]

Increase the polygon limit of ArmA 2 engine and most addons will look like this :D