Sign in to follow this  
zenger

-=SARMAT=- Studio presents: WIP screenshots of the new project "Wings of Russia".

The high quality of Ka-50 is 32k , but it can be easely scaled down to 20k ,at the time i was optimizing Ka-50 for battlefield i did lower the polycount to 11,6k and just some of the finest details where gone ,but it was still looking beautifull.

I`m thinking maybe to make a topic where in people can request models/vote models so i can work maybe day a week on the model people would like to see in game and then i mean make models for arma 2 .Make 1-2 models a month and release them for community, so community can work them further out, textures ,porting them into the game and so on .

Sound like an amazing initiative :) and good to know about the KA50 ~12k polys should be very fine for ArmA2 i hope that don't screw up the uber quality shown in your screens :p

The high quality of Ka-50 is 32k , but it can be easely scaled down to 20k ,at the time i was optimizing Ka-50 for battlefield i did lower the polycount to 11,6k and just some of the finest details where gone ,but it was still looking beautifull.

I`m thinking maybe to make a topic where in people can request models/vote models so i can work maybe day a week on the model people would like to see in game and then i mean make models for arma 2 .Make 1-2 models a month and release them for community, so community can work them further out, textures ,porting them into the game and so on .

Ok , you can create topic if you want :)

btw best poly count for ArmA2 is around 12k-17k and if you make Super Hind or Hind A - i will be the happiest guy on the world :D :p

btw2 do you know guy named Yura Petrov ?

Edited by RobertHammer

Oh wait the praise is already started?:D Oleg you should make a own thread before ppl start with "plz plz make this" and totally hijacking SARMAT topic.

PS: a Mi 26 pretty please with candy on top? :D

EDIT: like robert said :)

@RH;

poly count limit of A2 engine is 32k btw...

great models Oleg. Maybe the best approach of A2 would be to bake normal maps out of high poly models, and then reduce the poly to around 10-15k...Takes a lot i know, especially if the model was not designed with floating geometry in mind from the start

@Oleg: You should make that thread. I'm sure the community would love to have your work implemented into ArmA 2.

@Oleg: You should make that thread. I'm sure the community would love to have your work implemented into ArmA 2.

Let`s say i have surprise for you after discussion with my friend ,we have made some decisions over wich you`ll hear from me very soon(within a week).

Here are some screens just to warm you UP=)

http://img252.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=105b.jpg

105b.th.jpg110tl.th.jpg21482962.th.jpg32018752.th.jpg11620725.th.jpg

Oleg: maybe you could skip Mi-24 that we already use BIS one and try to remodel to Superhind or at least Russian Mi-24VM? ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

This one would be more russian

Mi-24VM (exported as Mi-35M3)— upgraded Mi-24V with updated avionics to improve night-time operation, new communications gear, shorter and lighter wings, and updated weapon systems to include support for the Ataka, Shturm and Igla-V missiles and a 23-mm main gun. Other internal changes have been made to increase the aircraft life-cycle and ease maintenance. The Mi-24VM is expected to operate until 2015

See link for pic

http://www.waffenhq.de/flugzeuge/mi24-08.jpg

Seeing this stuff you start to realize how off the current models from all other artists are :]

have you ever heard about game optimization and engine of game ?

have you ever put more than 10 models on map ?

first of all , it is Sarmat topic, second, those Oleg models are 10 times too heavy for Arma

for larger battles (10-20 tanks, 100 soldier, few chopers) all would stuck with 1 FPM (frame per minute)

also 50% of details won't be visible in game, they are visible on renders without textures, but when you will stand 10 meters from such tank, you will loose details

and game engine will be switching LODs in single meters

i was making such high poly smoot looking models of guns in 2001 in Auto-Cad on technical studies

and remember that some smooth shapes are smooth but only on this software render, when exported to mesh, they loose smoothness

but they would not work in game because of polycount

Edited by vilas

I'm not talking about LOD and stuff like that but how wrong some sections are made compared to real counterparts :)

I'm not talking about LOD and stuff like that but how wrong some sections are made compared to real counterparts :)

SARMAT does super job, let's not offtop them

but concerning what you said - problem is when person who do addon, is zero-technician-engineers skilled

because there are people who have absolutely zero skills when it comes to technic (eye/view of engineer is different than eye/view/taste of artist)

for his eyes no difference 3 o 4 rivets, square of circle, bigger or smaller etc.

it is hard to get blueprints too

some people judge addons by TAG before file and not compare to real parts cause "they know better" and in consequence some call less realistic - better etc.

some people like more photo-realism, some cartoon-painting style (never ending issue "more scratches" ending that some artists (in some games) even do metallic scratches on parts that are plastic in real life )

some people use subjective perspective look and say that model of person A is good, from person B is bad, while placing on blueprint there is opposite situation

there are even addonmakers who say "who cares if it is model A or B, right or left side of receiver"

from the other hand - there is also some compromises in game, cause model "looks like something in 95%" and no sense to do something 100%, when 1% of people will notice it and it would require other mapping, UV (hard in oxygen) and for example on legal software it is not easy

or some elements must be changed because of animations, game engine, etc.

but let's not offtop

SARMAT show more work and release more planes for community :)

Edited by vilas

My bad, I though Oleg is a part of their studio. I shall stay away from more comments in this topic.

My bad, I though Oleg is a part of their studio. I shall stay away from more comments in this topic.

Oleg it seems is person who want to help and when they will agree and cooperate than we can see more planes

but Sarmat has a lot of work (they do also other things) and i wish to see their addons released :)

will you be creating/importing these 2 ?

Mig 23 Mig231.jpg

Mig 27 mig271.jpg

@Boris: What island is that if you don't mind me asking?

FSX's Earth. ;)