Sign in to follow this  
zenger

-=SARMAT=- Studio presents: WIP screenshots of the new project "Wings of Russia".

Looking forward to the bear. You need to give em contra rotating props though... Everything looks smashing though..

SARMAT, you throwin down an mi-26 in this mod, would love to parajump out the back of one of those.

I checked in the thread but couldn't find the answer to this question. Will it be released before 2010?

sarmat guys never answer any questions, they post here just to show u how cool they r in modeling :)) Sure it will come out one day when we will play arma3, lol but who will need it then? The exact thing has happened with Gnat's arma models ( planes and ships/subs ) He was making them for 2 years and never released but people on the forum were telling him how cool he is :)) Funny stories always repeats since there are a lot of funny people :))

Maxriga you are incorrect Gnat did release some addons.You also dont seem to realise that sarmat mod are russians and do not speak english very well so rarely will you get a reply.Only idiots keep asking for a release date,it will be released when they are ready.OH yes Sarmat has also released mods for AA1 although one of them was suspect(tiger tank).So have some respect!

Only idiots keep asking for a release date,it will be released when they are ready.

Thank you for calling me an idiot... I don't speak Russian and from the videos it looks like they may be close to a release. For all I know they have already told people the time around when they expect to release it.

Last time I checked this thread was the appropriate place to ask such a thing. I have no expectations or demands from SARMAT. I was simply asking whether they were expecting to release it this year or next.

Realize this, it will be released when it is released. There is only one thing more annoying when 600 people ask the same question, it will be done when it will be done. Just leave it at that. No one should or is calling anyone an idiot here. Now back on topic.

The An-2 and An-26 are my list to download when they come out.

AN-2

Add-on version - 1.0

ca42cd7b5269t.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HISTORICAL REFERENCE

Scheme of this plane prove its reliability and safety. Correct plane construction can save crew and passengers in extreme situations.

It can lands on different types of landscapes, even on landscape without special preparations. When engine stops, plane can glide.

Only this plane producing more than 61 year!

Modifications of this plane producing even today. this is Giness record.

Participation in military conflicts

* Korean war (1950—1953)

* Hungarian revolt in 1956

* Vietnam War (1959—1975)

* Afghanistan War (1979—1989)

* Chechen Conflict (1994—1996)

* Liberation War in Croatia (1991)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors

Model: Du-mont

Model revision: Сitizensnip, SMERSH

Textures: Сitizensnip, SMERSH.

Config: Сitizensnip, SMERSH.

LOD's: Сitizensnip, SMERSH.

Testing: Zenger, AIX, Angst, unknown, PIONEER, Kolek, SMERSH,

AlexF1.

cd482e579c39t.jpgf4c46d2cd4f1t.jpg

Installation

Game version: 1.04 (Mod wasn't tested on other versions of ArmA)

Instalation: Installation File WingsRussia.ехе, You only need to install modification to your ArmA 2 folder.

Mod icon on desktop: It will creates automatically after "ARMA_II WingsRussia" installation.

Alternative attaching of modification

How to do it:

In ArmA2 folder you will see folder: @WingsRussia.

After that open ArmA2 icon on desktop with right mouse button and in "Object" string write start of this folder.

Example:

"D:\GAMES_AA\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@WingsRussia

We added string -mod=@WingsRussia after space.

Now with ArmA2 start it will launch addon automatically.

For example, we want to create folder with armour technic mod. For this lets create @Bronetexnika folder. In it create another one - addons, and put armour technic addons there.

lets open icon properties again, and analogous method write the "@Bronetexnika" string:

Example:

"D:\GAMES_AA\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@WingsRussia;@Bronetexnika

Now we attached arnoured technic mod with another one with help of ";" symbol

What good we have with this method: we always know what we have attached to game, and our "Addons" folder have only original files. We can fast and easy connect or disconnect any add-on.

>>>Download<<< (24.57 MB)

SARMAT STUDIO WEB-SITE

Release text translated by VulF

Edited by zenger

That's a great AN-2 in FSX, gonna have to try it in Arma 2!

Hopefully it's not so tricky to get the engine fired up and idling in Arma as it is in FSX lol

Woooooooohooooo! DLing! Perfect for my Panthera 4 airports ;)

News also posted on Slovenian Vojak.si portal. And yes, we very well know this plane... tnx ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

The inside almost looks photorealistic from the pilotseat...

You're welcome to join "[edit]server offline[/edit]" server, you need An-2 1.0 and Panthera v2.3, we're testing An-2 by taking off and landing on all 4 major airports.

Shots from the MP test:

an22.jpg

an21.jpg

an24.jpg

an23.jpg

Issues to take a look at:

- if hit severely plane changed to wreck instantly (in air) and drops like a stone (instant speed=0)

- plane wreckage floats on water and burns

Otherwise its a masterpiece!

Edited by IceBreakr

I have to sleep now ;s 4:30h to sleep ;s but thx anyways

This plane is a masterpiece. Keep up the good work Sarmat, I can't wait to see the Bear/Blackjack! :D

Very nice, congratulations on a well made and useful release.

You released it in EXE installer, oops. Better read PMC Editing Wiki: how to release so you get up to speed.

I'll give this addon a try when its properly released on archive format.

I think this comment is rather condescending, really no need for it. I think a PM informing Zenger or whoever that .Rar is preferable would have been a better alternative.

I'm with Snake Man on this. I won't touch it until it's in RAR or ZIP. Looks beautiful but I'll wait.

You released it in EXE installer, oops. Better read PMC Editing Wiki: how to release so you get up to speed.

I'll give this addon a try when its properly released on archive format.

Fully agreed. exe files are not to be trusted. Even if its from our beloved community :D

And there a quite a few ppl who want to micro-manage their addons, so an exe is only a pain in the ass.

IF you want to do an installer, its fine, but also releas a standalone archive.

Bah!

The exe was created with Borland (or something similar) apparently, so it can't be extracted with some 3rd party tools. I agree that it would be good to have a standalone version.

BUT... I just ran the exe and directed it to a dummy location, and it extracted it fine. There's no check for your A2 directory. So, it makes even less sense for an executable. :D

Also... thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for the An-2! I literally can't wait to try it, and it will be the very next thing I do in A2!!!!

Edit: oh, and more ingame screenshots please? Please? Please? Please?

Edited by TRexian
More screenshots....

for me extracting with winrar worked 0o...but if i remember right...wasnt ACE mod as exe installer too?...i mean would ace now bring some exe stuff out nobody would distrust them ;c why here?

for me extracting with winrar worked 0o...but if i remember right...wasnt ACE mod as exe installer too?...i mean would ace now bring some exe stuff out nobody would distrust them ;c why here?

FYI, the same discussion was about ACE when they released their exe. Their exe makes a little more sense tho, since it uses some auto-updating stuff.

And keep in mind this isn't about the addon at all, wich is by no doubt great. This is about the risks and awkwardness of an exe archive.

Yes i know thats the reason i was asking why they dont release it as a .rar... anyways i could open it up with a rar so theres no problem for me

if you want jast addon! start exe! Direct installation to the (created new empty folder) and you receive jast addon!)