Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

With the mod, I notice that when you get inside the a10, the only ammo loaded on the plane is the cannon ammo. Oddly, you get the 'reload' icon that activates the other ammo. Any way to fix this?

Thanks for the reply, Cole, i'll give that a try.

Also, Oh_Heck, I have never encountered that quirk. You might have a unique thing.

Hi !

Thanks for the nice comments and mirrors, always appreciated :)

I just wanted to let you guys know I'll be releasing an update fairly soon, over the next few weeks probably. It will be mostly volume work as Alex noticed the GBU volumes seemed quiet at range of 1km +. I've not had the chance to test the other weapons myself (over longer ranges) so I'm going to do some MP testing with Alex, Cole and Bet. So whatever we learn we'll put into the update.

To answer afew questions.

I've not had ingame sound stuttering, or ammo problems myself ingame. So I'm stumped as to whats causing that...Again, as regards to compatiblity I've no idea on that either. Too busy making stuff to be playing ;)

Sound stutters can maybe be from 1.03's own slightly messed up sound. Mark's HiFi mod add a lot of bass and power so it might get more obvious. Not saying this is definatelly the reason, but some friends and others here on the forum have said reinstalling ARMA2 and apply 1.03 directly over 1.01 have gotten the sound back to normal.

Clicks and distortions is a problem of 1.03 atm. Maybe it can cause sound stuttering as well with other soundmods than the stock sounds. Who knows.

I have tested Mark's sounds a lot and never noticed this.

Alex

I've had a few default sound issues since 1.03 but the mod itself seems fine to me, no stutters or anything on my windows 7 setup.

Excellent work btw!, having heard one in real life I cant stress enough how real this mod sounds.

Will you fix the bug when using VopSounds 2.1 causing no 1 and 2 second firemode together with this add-on??

Best regards.

Will you fix the bug when using VopSounds 2.1 causing no 1 and 2 second firemode together with this add-on??

Same problem here!

Thanks for the update! The A-10 is pretty much perfect now and the missile sounds are much better. Glad you kept the engine whine from the last version, it sounds awesome.

Any chance of getting a fix for no sound in HALO? See here for a description of the problem: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3780

HALO is included in the vanilla air2.pbo.

This is the 3rd thread where you are posting this. Which part of

§9) Do not cross-post

Do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum simply to get an answer quicker or to draw more attention to your post.

you don't understand?

I was not aware, but mea culpa - pm sent to you W0lle.

Hi,

HiFi is finished, My Pc's mainboard self destructed last week and so I find myself without a computer.

Those of you that know me will be aware that I've been without work now for 6 months so my chances of getting another pc anytime soon is just a dream. I am heartbroken, 3 years worth of sound work including 7gb of my personal sound library are lost in limbo on my DEAD HD...

I currently typing this on a relatives pc for which I have access enough to check my emails and post this news.

I have NO idea of if or when I shall return, so please someone look after the 101 thread..I'd also planned to work with Chammy which now looks like another distant dream.... Sorry Chammy :(

So a big thanks to all those whom have supported us @HiFi.

Special thanks to:

Andersson - I wont ever forget the things you've done for me :)

John - Gonna miss you mate, more than you know.....

Cole - Ha, my young but wise friend was a pleasure

The D - Shame we never got to to try A2 Co-Op

Alex - Thankyou, for you constant support always appreciated here

ALL @ KH clan - You know who you are....

ALL @ Arma Underground - For teaching me so much ;)

Until that day....

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

Hi,

HiFi is finished, My Pc's mainboard self destructed last week and so I find myself without a computer.

Those of you that know me will be aware that I've been without work now for 6 months so my chances of getting another pc anytime soon is just a dream. I am heartbroken, 3 years worth of sound work including 7gb of my personal sound library are lost in limbo on my DEAD HD...

I currently typing this on a relatives pc for which I have access enough to check my emails and post this news.

I have NO idea of if or when I shall return, so please someone look after the 101 thread..I'd also planned to work with Chammy which now looks like another distant dream.... Sorry Chammy :(

Special thanks to:

Until that day....

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

too bad

how much is a new mohterboard where u live

WE All can donate some to ya

Ha, alovely thought mate but I need a new system really. This PC that just died has been going for 7 years straight, I can't moan about it, it did really well to last that long.

I have obtained (thankyou, you know who you are) 4 sticks of 1gb ddr2 ram, this is my base for a new system. However, I've got nothing else other than the spare bits left working from my dead machine; Xfi sound card, dvd writer and possibly (god I hope so) my HD. everything else fails to be compatible with newer systems (ie old PCi graphics card/ athlon xp processor)...

So, I'm kinda F**ked :(

Anways, my pc time is up for the week so bye byes....

WE All can donate some to ya

Im in.

Edit. Seriously. I gave it some thought. Im thinking of upgrading my system. My plan is to use my old system as a dedicated server so I "need" my mainboard and cpu. My secondary GFX card is good enough for output.

In short, Im willing to give him my 8800GTS.

So status for now:

4 gigs of ram

x-fi soundcard

8800GTS

hd?

Needed:

mainboard

cpu

psu

I want hifi.

Edited by andersson
humanitarian reasons and hifi to us all

Hi,

Special thanks to:

Until that day....

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

Wow that sux..

I really enjoyed Hifi for arma 1. BTW check all 2nd hand selling websites for a motherboard of the type you had. You might also wanna go to amateurcomputersell markets you can often find old motherboards there for a few pounds or euro's.

BTW Data on a dead HD can be recovered by a few companies. Only nasty thing is that its expensive. Check this http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/

Hope you can get it working somehow.

Edited by Fansadox

Hi,

Special thanks to:

Until that day....

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

I was kinda thinking your PC died after I didn't see you online for some days. Unfortunately, I was right once again, fuck. :<

Well, hopefully you'll return one day in full force, and kick every other soundmod ass! :)

It was a pleasure helping you and testing the sounds, thanks alot for everything!

Edited by Cole

old PCI graphics card will work on new PCIexpress mainboard as long that mainboard including normal PCI which many do ...

usually it's 2xPCIe 16x (or 16x with 8 lanes) some 1-4x then one to two PCI ...

i use PCI graphics cards to service faulty mainboards (as usually PCie init is borked)

i defnitely wish you luck and undamaged HDD because data is all what matters :) anything else may be replaced

I really hope the best ArmA sound mod does not die. Best of luck.

damn, this sucks, i pm him last week to ask him about his work and today he pm me back with this news, very unfortunate. I have a old motherboard and cpu he can have, its not great because the reason i dont use it anymore was because it wasn't running arma 2 good at all, but my video card was a 7950 at the time, so with a better card and a bit of a overclock of the cpu he could get it working for atleast testing the sounds out etc. i cant remember the exact specs of the motherboard, i know its a asus and the cpu is 2.6 i think. ill check it out in more detail later tonight.

Well. We might have a solution. Betsalel and I have put together a computer good enough so MarkXIII can continue with HiFi (we need HiFi... + he will be our b**ch after this... :-P ).

What we have so far:

x-fi - MarkXIII

hd? - MarkXIII

case - MarkXIII

4 gig of ddr2 - Law-Giver

c2d 6700 @2.6 - Pteradon

motherboard - Betsalel

psu 500W - Betsalel

200 g hd? - Betsalel

8800GTS - me

So as you all can see, we have whats needed! :)

With that said (I hope its nothing wrong with beeing greedy as long as it is for someone else?:confused:), IF anyone of you want to join in and have better HW that you like to donate please PM me.

What you get:

Better Karma (depends on your belief system).

Credit from internet names.

Have MarkXIII as your personal sound-b**ch.. He knows who to thank :p

update:

WZYe1 offered a quite good motherboard with intel cpu. After some research the conclusion was that Betsalels is faster. REGARDLESS, BIG THANK YOU!! The offer is appreciated!

As a reminder to you all, Im not trying to milk anything out of the community as we already have good parts. Betsalel and I are only trying to figure out how to solve shipping and so on.

With that said, kind souls with good hw will not be overseen ;)

update2:

Law-Giver, that was your name yes! :D

update3:

Pteradon just offered his old c2d e6700 @2.6! Fits the rest perfect!

I will stop this right now as we will send the parts to Mark. It is a truly strange feeling this. We have what he needs and we will send it. Still 2 persons has made a good offer that is highly appreciated! You can maybe understand the limbo by getting good offers while trying to get this to MarkXIII? The last thing I want is for you to think we are "milking" and postponing.. Thats why Im "closing" this for now.

If you really want to support MarkXIII nothing is stopping you ofcourse. He will also soon be back on the board and then you can talk to him in person ;-) This is just getting a little to strange for me haha!

Edited by andersson
friendly souls

Mega respect for this, guys. Awesome community effort.

2 huge thumbs up.

4 gig of ddr2 - cant remember name, some guy gave him them!

Yeah that was me, they were OCZ PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Series. They were 4*1 gig sticks i had sitting on my desk getting dusty and becoming unloved. Nice to see people helping MarkXIII. I need 3 PS3's anyone help, just kidding. ;)

MarkXIII you have no excuses now mate! :)

Oh no, he got no excuse now. We will poke him, chain him up to the roof in his gimp suit and do whatever we like :D

Good to get a name on you Law-Giver! Thank you!

update from my other post:

I will stop this right now as we will send the parts to Mark. It is a truly strange feeling this. We have what he needs and we will send it. Still 2 persons has made a good offer that is highly appreciated! You can maybe understand the limbo by getting good offers while trying to get this to MarkXIII? The last thing I want is for you to think we are "milking" and postponing.. Thats why Im "closing" this for now.

If you really want to support MarkXIII nothing is stopping you ofcourse. He will also soon be back on the board and then you can talk to him in person ;-) This is just getting a little to strange for me haha!

One thing I know, MarkXIII will be in tears.

Edited by andersson
limbo