Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Yes, ACE2 is SERIOUSLY lacking some good sounds!

Actually i thing ACE2 sounds are pretty good, i know that HIFI will be probably even better, but that's not fair anyway :confused:

hahaha, thats why I cheered the idea of the HIFI ACE module. :)

I don't think the ACE guys put in a lot of effort into sounds at this point since its the engine and the scripts which they should be putting all their efforts in right now. For instance, all the weapons reloading sounds are the same regardless of weapons and the A10 autocannon uses a single semi auto shot. Its environment sounds are no where close to even where XAM Enviroment is and much much lesser than what I expect (hint: the environment sound in ECS mod for ArmA). The gears and movement sounds sound like the stock ones and many of the volume intensities are not well syncronised.

That's why I say, why reinvent the wheel? Let the professionals at HiFi take over this part! HiFi + ACE has always been the way I play in ArmA1 and its definitely going to rock ArmA2.

You f*cked up something then :). GAU8 uses a nice, realistic (VROOOOOOOM) sound. Weapons like M4, AK74, G36, MP5, Bizon etc has their own reload sounds. You know, me and the other 2 soundguys (Fromz and Sgt. Elias) at ACE are humans too, and we had some RL and other issues...

PS: Sorry Mark, I dont want to hijack your thread... :)

You f*cked up something then :). GAU8 uses a nice, realistic (VROOOOOOOM) sound. Weapons like M4, AK74, G36, MP5, Bizon etc has their own reload sounds. You know, me and the other 2 soundguys (Fromz and Sgt. Elias) at ACE are humans too, and we had some RL and other issues...

Yeah, i love all the weapon sound ( i enjoy especially bolt action reload sound "click click click" :D )

Sorry guys, didn't mean to publicly complain. :( Feel so bad. you guys really did darn well with the ACE and I've been up almost 20 hours bathed in ACE2 and enjoyed it. Anyways, would you guys work with mark on something? HiFi sounds really sets the standard.

Ok, just to clarify something.

I have the upmost respect for all the guys working on ACE/ACE2, I'm not doing this to 'better' them, far from it. I got asked if I could provide content for the ACE2 mod awhile ago while I was offline and without a comp. I did manage to reply but only to say that I'd have a think about it. Since then, I've managed to do alittle HiFi work and last night tried ACE2.....

WOW..

Now, I respect what they have done soundwise, also they have laid out their work in a modular format. SO extra kudos for that :) . The truth is, I'm slowly working up another sound mod to beat HiFi NA standards. I'd like to do the same thing with the ACE 2 content, but at the same time NOT interfere with those guys work. Most of you who know me from the A1 HiFi stuff will know how I feel about things sounding consistent within the game. So to me, mixing our sounds together isn't a good idea. Surely, giving people the choice is better, if people load up ACE2 and love it, along with the soundscape, thats excellent. All I wish to do is provide another alternative.

So, again our thanks and gratitude to the ACE team for providing all of us with a great addition from which to launch many a battle :)

Great to hear that Mark!

Waiting for your next standalone HIFI NA "Reloaded" soundmod and after Operation Arrowhead is released for HIFI NA "Revolutions"!! :D

Btw which soundsystem/soundcard you are using for Arma2?

Btw which soundsystem/soundcard you are using for Arma2?

right now an XFI, which version I'm not precisely sure....LOL, however I may get an upgrade donated to me soon.. so we'll see, but I gotta say, I'm finding it easier to get back into editing than I thought I would after so many months away :)

PS: Sorry Mark, I dont want to hijack your thread...

No mate, your fine, I'd just like to remind some other peoples that we're not here to mock others work..only to make different work, afterall sound is very much personal taste more than anything else :)

Edited by Mark XIII

Sounds good Mark on the new soundmod. ;)

ACE2 has good sounds, but is lacking variety in explosions. Thats the only real thing that is a bit annoying atm. The weapon sounds i think is real good.

Ok I posted this on the ace2 thread alittle while ago, anyways things been movin at a fair old pace over there so I figured I'd post it here too :)

Hope you enjoy it ;)

Ok I posted this on the ace2 thread alittle while ago, anyways things been movin at a fair old pace over there so I figured I'd post it here too :)

Hope you enjoy it ;)

That sound clip is awsome! Im looking forward to the new Hifi already!

I really appreciated the seamless integration of the samples in there. The start up sound segues really well into the main sound of the engine running, and then as the chopper flies away from the camera, the beating sound of the rotors taking dominance over the engine. Really good stuff. I like :)

Hi,

Glad you like it, hopefully we'll get some more clips of it kicking off with its new weapons sounds too ;)

But for now too many r/l probs... :(

but maybe tomorrow eh :)

Damn! Awesome video Mark. I can't wait. Glad to have you back.

Was fun for sure. We had a nice night time one, but I forgot to run WarFX for all the fancy effects, so me and mark are hopefully going to re-record and hopefully it won't come out as sh*tty at this video did. I'm new to the whole compressions and whatnot. Wanted a nice HD-ready youtube video but still got messed up. <sigh> Hopefully I'll improve, eh? :p

[EDIT] Just figured I'd post this video from the other night. Somehow I find this bug more than suitable for our fearless leader, lol

Edited by Yokhanan

Ha, yeah it was. :p Thankfully FRAPS doesn't record my voice....mwahahahahaha!

I have just had it confirmed that we are good to go ahead with HiFi sound modules for ACE 2.

I would like to thank Sickboy, Pufu and TpM for their assistance in confirmation. Cheers guys I know your all super busy, so appreciated :)

I'm looking forward to going over the details with ViperMaul soon other than that all I can tell you is 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'...hehehe sorry, I'm quite chuffed about this!

Ok, I got a cuppa and settled down...As and when things start moving I'll do my best to keep you informed :)

ps YAY:bounce3:

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eyes just popped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark i did that thing you asked me to do "cough" and im sorry to say it failed on me and havent been able to rectify the problem so far... i will inform you tomorrow via msn

Just an update for those interested.

HiFi WEAPONS BETA

Testing on the HiFi beta weapons is going well, however I have 2 problems.

1. The XM8 'saw' module I've made doesn't work, its a config issue which has me at a total loss...

2. I'm in need of assistance also in making a 'hand grenade' config, because right now I have m203 reloads going off everytime I throw a nade.... :(

Other than those 2 issues its ready for a beta release, so if someone could assist me in fixing this 2 problems I can release it before christmas :)

HiFi ACE2 SOUND MODULES

Things go very well so far, I've done my best to follow exactly the same format as the ACE2 modules. Hopefully this will make it easier for HiFi and the ACE2 team when it comes to releasing the modules. In my mind, I think the best way to make this happen is to send whatever I've completed to ACE2 team, who inturn could host it as extra content when people update their copies of ACE2. However I'm just thinking aloud as I have yet to have a good chinwag with the nice chaps @ACE..

So far I've completed 9 sound modules, which includes all the weapons & explosions. These sound modules totally replace the ace sounds with HiFi and are set to work alongside our upcoming HiFi modules for total consistency.

Time and R/L are issues for us all @HiFi right now, but we'll do our best to get some example video's up ASAP.

Merry Christmas ALL

Regards

Mark