Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Played Domi map with 20 players +++ New sound HiFi Weapons beta 1 Can say jast one!) Sound super! :icon14: Thx!)

(sorry for bad english)

I should explain further ... I only mentioned about removing sound pbo's from ACEX (if there are any) becuase I found that when I updated ace (make sure you have updated) .. it puts all sounds into ACE_SM .. although I had it so the same pbos still resided in ACEX and they shouldn't have. Without knowing this I had missing gun sounds as the poster mentioned .. so check that first, thats an ACE thing not Hifi and may not be the case at all.

As regards running with ace, set its mod priority over ACE_SM IE put the it in the mod list after ACE_SM so Hifi gets used (weapons) instead of ACE but other ace things that hifi do not replace work as well. Then again it might be a config clash or bug I dont know if doing that still cancels out weapon sounds .

Or ... (which I don't advise unless you fully ok with messing with pbo's and mod folders) ... make a new mod folder and name it, put all hifi things into it and also put all ACE_SM things into it Apart from all "_wep_" pbos. Then in your mod order JUST add that new mod folder as the addon after ACEX. This is not essential, just how I do it, and you should leave all originals in tact so you can update. But again mod order should be all you need.

So basically I do not have to do anything except place the @HiFi;@HiFi after ACEX_SM

like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@six_aiaktalik;@ACEX_SM;@RH_M4_M16_HK416;@ADDONS;@C1987_M4a1_V2.0;@FAV_v.02;@zcommon_ace_v0.03;@HiFi;@HiFi_extras -maxmem=2047

Edited by Meatball0311

Yes that should be it. You can try it "before" if your still unsure.

Because this is modular it only changes gun sounds or whatever each pbo suggests it will change, so anything it overrides will be in place of anything BIS vanilla/ACE replace before it.

Having said that if that still doesn't work then It might be an ACE "thing" but I doubt it. With modular your free to make your own folder and mix and match exactly what you want, so no guns but everything else from ace, only run pbo's that are not gun related, and include Hifi's that are etc.

If you use an updater IE sickoys/Yoma then you must keep originals in place but don't call them in your mod list ... so the updater can do its things. Then copy and replace into you mixed folder after an update.

Yes that should be it. You can try it "before" if your still unsure.

Because this is modular it only changes gun sounds or whatever each pbo suggests it will change, so anything it overrides will be in place of anything BIS vanilla/ACE replace before it.

Having said that if that still doesn't work then It might be an ACE "thing" but I doubt it. With modular your free to make your own folder and mix and match exactly what you want, so no guns but everything else from ace, only run pbo's that are not gun related, and include Hifi's that are etc.

If you use an updater IE sickoys/Yoma then you must keep originals in place but don't call them in your mod list ... so the updater can do its things. Then copy and replace into you mixed folder after an update.

Cool.. just got off of the firing range and would like to report.

1) First of all you have changed the M240 sound, does that apply to all addons that use M240's for example does it change the sound for the ACE_M240G_M145?

2) If that is so, then I would like to report that the ACE_M240G_M145 sound disappears after you have fired a few hundred rounds. So I dont know if it is a HiFi problem or ACE problem. Matter of fact I just tried it with the normal M240 and the same happend... total no sound.. or is that from the ACE mod making you totally deaf?

Edited by Meatball0311

2) If that is so, then I would like to report that the ACE_M240G_M145 sound disappears after you have fired a few hundred rounds. So I dont know if it is a HiFi problem or ACE problem. Matter of fact I just tried it with the normal M240 and the same happend... total no sound.. or is that from the ACE mod making you totally deaf?

It's ACE doing it. I notice I tend to go deaf very often when using the 240 and 249 with ACE running, lol. Horrible to have happen in the middle of a massive enemy assault and you can't hear sh*t. :p

I just wasted all the default rounds on full auto in Vanilla 1.05 without a single issue, so I'm 99% positive it's ACE doing it. Happened a lot when me and Mark had our test runs with ACE.

True, although many teams are busy working on the projects themselves, tracking down and fixing bugs, private testing, etc so time is spent elsewhere. I think Mark sent me a video he had trouble getting up on the HIFI Youtube channel, which I think I still have. Give me a bit and I'll try getting it up for you to see. :)

-John

HiFi FX Team Member

Thank you Mark! Grand work as always. This gets a spot in my @Sound mod folder :).

First off, thankyou for the comments and feedback! I've been on & off here all day an its been a pleasure to catch up on my reading. When I get some time I'll get back to answering individual posts. But for now I'm off to enjoy a game thats been a long time coming....

Ahh btw, while I remember..We do TRY and think to make video's, but sometimes we don't so sorry. If you really need to see a vid to download this mod.....then don't ;)

That's the best we can do for the moment as our focus right now is sound-based and getting the HIFI quality many here have come to know and expect (and then some) and not playing Steven Spielberg. Cold it may sound, but our focus is better spent elsewhere instead of being told "I want a video or else I won't bother with it". Our appreciation goes out to those in the community who have supported the HIFI team since its start and continues to do so. Your enthusiasm and enjoyment helps keep us fueled. :)

-John

Edited by Yokhanan

It's ACE doing it. I notice I tend to go deaf very often when using the 240 and 249 with ACE running, lol. Horrible to have happen in the middle of a massive enemy assault and you can't hear sh*t. :p

I just wasted all the default rounds on full auto in Vanilla 1.05 without a single issue, so I'm 99% positive it's ACE doing it. Happened a lot when me and Mark had our test runs with ACE.

Roger, I copy. Tango Yankee for the heads up!

Very nice sounds, although I'd join mrcash2009's opinion on the M16's sound, its a bit

shrilly for me. Also I'm missing the AK47 sounds from the archive I've downloaded from Armaholic (found no AK47 or AKM pbos...)

could someone make a youtube preview of this? this really needs to be done for ALL sound mod releases. Constantly changing sound mods is confusing, so I need to see if it's worth my time to DL and get used to.

Cry more? If you need a video so much, fucking make one.

Please ignore the ingrates HIFI team.

Thanks for the new sounds, im going to have to get the mrs drunk or something so i can sneak off and play some Arma2 over the next few days.

You do know it is a feature of ACE right? You go deaf if you shoot a mg too much.

You can equip earplugs in ace to counter it.

I don't think you should go deaf. What should happen is that sound becomes muffled and you have a ringing in your ears, kinda like walking with tissue paper stuff in your ears. I've fragged my ears a few times and the worst case was when I rode an airboat without hearing protection. My ears rung for a couple of days. After that, hearing was back to normal AS FAR AS I COULD TELL. I'm sure I lost some hearing, but it was probably like snow-blindness for the eyes. Major loss of sensory perception was temporary. The permanent loss was not something I could perceive, like "I haven't been able to hear since..."

@Mortal: Yep. I keep forgetting about the plugs though.

I don't mind the ringing and when it starts to get muffled (like Uzi said), but for me, it's like 1 second of ring and then 2-3 minutes of pure deafness. I gotta make sure I put them plugs into the missions we play then. I hope eventually they tone it down or add more ring/muffle instead of nearly insta-deaf. :p

It's even worse when you do get it back only to hear heavy breathing....Kinda creepy and kinky at the same time. O_O

The deafness in ACE most times cut my sound forever. Restart of mission to sort it.

Good sounds Mark and co! :) Thank you for the hard work guys.

Good morning,

I'm aware that certain pbo's didn't make the final release because of the time factor in getting the beta out before christmas. But before we get into that, lets respond to some feedback.

MrCash2009

Anyway .. to keep things in balance, the ONLY rifle that niggles me in terms of the sound sourced is good, but its punch/bottom end that the other have is lacking is the M16 rifle sound.

To me its too much like a snappy/tinny no punch sound. I understand its sourced well, but I feel it doesn't match up to the others much in the "weight" it carries within its sound. I find its too harsh on the ear and needs some more umph to it ... if you get me? Kind of half rifle half like a suppressed weapon sound (if that explains it better). I cant fault the others, I went through boxes of ammo and weapons just shooting like mad zoomed, stood up, prone .. love the way the context changes the sound ... dont get me started on firing the heavy sniper rifles ... they are the shit

Oh and every other mod never realy nailed the AK / RUS weapons ... your ones blew my ears off (headphones)

Mate first off, I'm chuffed to bits you like the mod, really I am. It makes it worthwhile when you get good feedback. And now to the M16 sound.

I have to say, and probably upset afew people by saying that I never mixed with headphones once during the entire process. I mean, I should of really because I'd probably picked up on this myself. I do however have a little excuse.... When I decided to add overpressure to the sounds I knew it would be impossible to mix on a headset. For those in the know will tell you low frequencies need space to travel around. Its quite funny actually because over a set of speakers + sub you can feel the m16's punch each time you fire... LOL I almost cried when I scanned across your post, but after reading through, it makes sense ;)

So, what do I do, I guess I can rework it a fraction on my headset to try and get the results your after. But you know what works best, some form of reference to the sound you picture so maybe if you could find a video link with the sort of sound you want to add and post it for me.. I can promise a good result that way.

Also, thankyou for helping with the ACE SM questions, really nice to see people sharing info and helping each other, good on you :)

Banderas

Very nice sounds, although I'd join mrcash2009's opinion on the M16's sound, its a bit

shrilly for me. Also I'm missing the AK47 sounds from the archive I've downloaded from Armaholic (found no AK47 or AKM pbos...)

Copy on the M16's, and yes...I forgot the AK47 which is mentioned in the readme, but to my knowledge I never actually said I'd done the others ;). Not to worry though the list of things to add is as follows:

AK47

AKM

Hunting Rifle !?!??

Saiga 12k

And, XM8 series

I have, as usual lol, all the sounds done just the config work needs doing although I'm sure you appreciate the need for a little break atm. So when I return I'll add everything I can by myself whilst andersson is away working hard (Merry Christmas Andersson !).

So there we go, thankyou guys for the feedback, always appreciated!

Edited by Mark XIII
special ed

Copy on the M16's, and yes...I forgot the AK47 which is mentioned in the readme, but to my knowledge I actually said I'd done the others ;)

No problem, I just thought I'll report the absence, and was thinking I've downloaded some broken archive. And like MrCash2009, I'm using headphones too. so that might be my "problem" too.

And no working at Christmas, it's for the family and friends.

Happy Christmas to you and everyone who reads this!

Mark,

No problems sir :)

I think im trying to say that "in comparison to all others" it sticks out as a bit "thin and flappy" LOL ... best description I can give. It sounds like its a pressure gun, like a heavy duty paint ball gun mixed with a SD rifle "thin sound" and a rifle in the distance ... ??? yeh trying to explain is bad. Where as all the other have that "smack you in the face and crack open your ears" punch.

Also dont think I just use just headphones, this is both on headphones (Senheisser HD 25 SP) and on speakers (just so you know I have KRK Rokit Powered studio monitors for audio work that I put them through).

As to know what I want, im not a gunphile so im not sure what I can suggest. Other than a m16 sound you have but with more clout from its source to match the others ... best I can word on a forum :)

How about taking the m14 and trying to get a m16/m14 mix ... take the clout depth and attack from m14 and merge to the m16 ? Currently Ive been naughty and im using the M14 for M16 for now. This is constructive crit becuase bottom line that's 1 gun out of how many .. and none of the others sit wrong for me. And as you know from the past I was a bit of a Min 'n match nerd with Arma1 :)

BTW off topic last night my graphics card burned itself to death ... im back to an old card and spectrum style graphics .. maybe your mod past an omen over to me ref machine issues hehe.

Edited by mrcash2009

Heya,

Very quickly (coz I'm due out the door 20 minutes ago..)

No worries mrcash I'll have a look into some added ummph, also I think we have the same headset...which is odd, and not forgetting your nasty G/card accident...oops

Good news, I just re-edited most of the missing weapons and have them working ingame. Now... I doubt anyone will be doing anything tomorrow but chilling :) So, I'd say boxing day or shortly after for a release ;)

Right now I gotta run....Have a good one all :)

Great sounds Mark, I'm super impressed! ARMA2 is my first BIS game, but reading what others have said about your past sounds I knew the community was in for a treat. I knew they'd be good, but wow! I wasn't ready for *that* good ;)

I've got a small question though (and maybe others here can help me out)... I seem to et your HIFI sounds for default BIS weapons, but not for the added ACEX weapons. Is there something I need to do to get the sounds to apply for the "extra" weapons that ACE provides?

I run your HIFI mod after the ACEX_SM mod in the filepath. So your sounds *should* be overwriting ACEX where it can.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!