Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Awesome. General question; Can I put all sound mods in the same folder ('SoundReplacements' for example) All pbo's from Trackedvehicles, VOP1.2, Helisounds, HIFI A10. Do I need to disable any pbo's to make these sound mods work together nicely? Or is it better to keep them in seperate folders so I can force a load order?

Thx for your hard work, much appreciated

From what Mark told me a few days ago, HiFi A-10 v1.2 is supposed to force itself to work, so it should work if you put all the soundmods in a single modfolder.

Personally, I'm using a separate modfolders for HiFi A-10 and other sounds (Where I have VOP 1.2, Tracked vehicles and heli sounds, too), and all the soundmods are working.

That depends.. Nothing is forcing this addon to be played. It probably does as the name puts it down the list. It is dependent on name, mod loading order and requiredaddon array.

andersson

It probably does as the name puts it down the list.

Yep, that was the plan as implimented by Robalo AS :)

That plan works as long as its not in a modfolder that is loaded before vop.

Foremost requiredAddons dependency is the decider.

Only if its equal, modfolder/loading order and file naming will decide.

Good work on this guys be nice to see the HiFi all around sound like in ArmA

few things...

Thankyou guys for the mirrors :)

Thankyou all for the support and kind words ;)

ahh, all is good..

small update

Well I'm about halfway through the sounds for the next update, an I can tell you know, this is gonna be quite big release. I don't want to expand on anything till we at least get to playtest, but I can tell you this much.

With the news of the latest patch containing an incremental thottle feature for those who have such goodies I'm considering making another version of the throttle sound for the engine. The current version as all of you who have tried it will know has a gradually climbing harmonic. I'm just taking a guess that I'll need to make a constant pitch sample for those whom have a 'proper' throttle setup (as I'm hoping the sound engine will change the pitch).

I didn't read the whole thread and I don't know much about modding.

I have 1 question:

Is it possible to change the sound so you first here the bullet impact and then the big *brooom* from the cannon ?

Anyhow your mod is still the best A-10 sound mod :)

Sorry for my bad english...

Is it possible to change the sound so you first here the bullet impact and then the big *brooom* from the cannon ?

Sort of yes, but it involves attaching the fire sound to the hit sound. so when you fire the GAU (you have a silent sample) nothing happens. but by putting the brrrrr sound after the hit sound (in the same sample) you CAN emulate what your talking about.

However, Bet an I tried this awhile ago, and the problem is the brrrr sound shouldn't come from the source of the hit sound :(

Not being deterred from this, we also tried having so many seconds silence before the gau fire sound (on the same sample). therefore after the trigger is pulled there's a moments silence and brrrr. but again, if you watch Guncam footage the GAU does make alot of noise @ the pilots end. So, while it works from the ground aspect, it doesn't work for the pilot. Killing the immersion for someone.

EDIT:

I guess if this works client side I could play with it alittle, maybe make seperate versions for pilots an Infantry alike. let me know :)

Hi mate,

It should be in the HiFi_A10/addons folder. As long as your using version 1.2 that is :)

@Mark XIII

Too bad that it's so difficult to do.

It's not difficult .... just need to be able to read, follow instructions and have a brain.

It's not difficult .... just need to be able to read, follow instructions and have a brain.

You should probably follow your own advice and read back a bit further before admonishing others.

Edited by Defunkt

Wooah, ok back on topic then shall we..

demonlord89

I dont get it

Download version 1.2 from the top of the first page on this thread. When you get it, open it up and look inside ALL the folders..You will find a disabled folder inside I promise :)

Biba92

@Mark XIII

Too bad that it's so difficult to do.

Hey mate, we're still gonna try and get it right. I was watching a video last night again...(Good vid) Anyways, I suggest checking it out, after watching the scenes during firing I think I can make a version with delay.

btw small thing, I offer NO ETA on the next A10. I'm learning how to config, slowly but surely :)

For the love of God I cannot find this plane in the editor!

I installed it into my modfolder\addons but the plane does not show in the editor! What did I do wrong?

I also use Vopsound 2.1

Anybody?

Best regards.

since version 1.1 its been a standard A10 replacement..meaning just use the BIS vanilla A10 to enjoy my sounds :)

Just want to say thanks again. this version fixes the A-10 engine sound issue for me and i love that whine it now makes. the gau sounds awesome too. really shit scary when one opens up over you. Shame about the timing issues, and the occassional missing sound's i get (may not be related to your mod though) but overall it's awesome. Keep it up;)

since version 1.1 its been a standard A10 replacement..meaning just use the BIS vanilla A10 to enjoy my sounds :)

OOps! My mistake! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply, Enjoying this plane with its new sounds!!! :bounce3:

Best regards.

Can you please explain to me the difference between your A10 file and the VOP A10 file? is one higher quality? I get the difference in the burst and automatic file.

Thanks

I will try to get a video of both to show a comparison, but for a short description.. I used his sound, its the classic A10 'warble' so its quite distinctive. Mine has a similar sound but mine's hidden in the throttle sound. So you only hear it after thrusting for over 40 seconds :)

so vops has continous worble, hifi's requires 40 seconds of thrust to activate.

That any better ?

Edited by Mark XIII

You can't have the normal mode with the A-10 sounds? Meaning no burst fire modes? Unless it doesn't have any conflicts in normal MP gaming?